View Poll Results: How do you rate Argus after 10 weeks, fair content?

Voters
653. This poll is closed
  • 1-2

96 14.70%
  • 3-4

112 17.15%
  • 5-6

180 27.57%
  • 7-8

218 33.38%
  • 9-10

47 7.20%
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    its just greater rifts from diablo 3, and thats the entire fucking game in diablo 3, so yeh its shit.
    There's a lot more diversity and challenge in D3 GR. They are not comparable at all.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by GothamCity View Post
    What grind is there on Argus? There's the veiled argunite for a few weeks until you have a full set I suppose, assuming you don't raid/M+?
    It's by far the best way to get an Arcano Crystal. The trinket has an insanely high value for a lot of DPS specs, to the point where even an 860 one beats any other alternative (MM Hunters for example). Getting a 910 (or higher) one is a massive increase in all scenarios. If you're at least somewhat serious about your character, you'll farm that Arcano.

Deleted
    Just more World Quests, not much to see there.

Argus should have the same content spread out over an area half again that large. Right now it is too cramped.

WQs are just too phat for the effort.

Lore is nice.

Deleted
    Super boring. This will last for at least 10 more months as the "current content". Terrible.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    1/10 No longevity and a 15 minute long questline.

The last 'bastion' of the Legion is a fucking wreck.

I liked the artwork. Other than that...nah.

It's just boring. Not much to do. Plus the awful terrain.

I absolutely hate them. Especially the standard invasion points. The Greater Invasion Points are okay, basically more flavorful world bosses. The standard invasion points are basically worse Legion Invasions in an area I've got no emotional investment in and don't care about.

1. Its really bad and blizzard probably though so as well, thats why they added the op 910 trinkets like BTI, CoF or arcanocrystal to make people go there
    Last edited by Einsz; 2017-11-20 at 06:29 PM.

Its 5 for me. I dont like it. I dont hate it. Its really meh

About as fun as sticking a hot curling iron up my ass..
    "That shit went down faster than a gold digger on a dying rich dude".

The Argus Invasion points are a giant waste. They could have been great as 3 people scenarios or something. But the way it is now it's totally moot. You go into a a portal, queue for any group with near maxed players and it is pretty much done as soon as you arrive in the respective zonening. It allows far to many players for it's own tuning.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's fine...gives alts a great way to catch up and the story is cool. The zones look good, too. WAY better than Broken Shore.

I still have fond memories of isle of queldanas and firelands. I don't know if they ever captured that magic again for me. I think it's all about having those tightly knit smaller zones where player interaction is forced through proximity and progression is palpable.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Quote Originally Posted by Azmoden View Post
    About as fun as sticking a hot curling iron up my ass..
    lmao that made me bust out laughing thanks bro

I rate args a solid 4 tho if you forget about the looks and just do it like a hamster in a wheel its bearable just barely.

Quote Originally Posted by Kantoro View Post
    Argus is shithole. Clogged with mobs, Antoran Wastes is easily the worst zone in the entirety of the game. Wade through mobs just to travel 500 yards, you have to go up and down 4 levels, go 1000 yards out of the way to avoid the canyons. Most zones, you can stick to the roads and avoid most mob contact, NOPE! Not in Antoran Wastes.

I am, by nature not a particularly violent person, but I wouldn't mind slapping the person who thought this was a fun design.
    Don't you think it would be kind of stupid for the Legion to leave their roads unpatrolled? What military power does that?

Meanwhile there are ways to ride across Argus unnoticed, herbing or mining or treasure hunting... And multiple ways to one-shot the mobs that do bother you. You just have to explore and find all the hidden power-ups.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wildberry View Post
    Underwhelming and un-engaging content. In terms of "end of expansion outdoor hubs" I vastly preferred Timeless Isle. TI had a nice sandboxy feel, Censer of Eternal Agony made things extraordinarily fun, etc.
    I thought Timeless Isle was just OKish (Isle of Thunder was better, imho), amusing for a day or so but nothing you could take seriously. It didn't make a lot of sense, like why is the spirit of the Emperor rewarding us every day for killing random cranes and tigers? It was more like a shooting gallery at an amusement park than part of any coherent story line.

A "nice sandboxy feel" would make zero sense for Argus, the center of the Burning Legion's galactic empire. Mechanically, it may work very similar with rares and treasures and such, but the flavor is and needed to be much darker/more threatening. Argus should never feel like we are on holiday.
    Last edited by Felfaadaern Darkterror; 2017-11-21 at 07:08 AM.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kantoro View Post
    Argus is shithole. Clogged with mobs, Antoran Wastes is easily the worst zone in the entirety of the game. Wade through mobs just to travel 500 yards, you have to go up and down 4 levels, go 1000 yards out of the way to avoid the canyons. Most zones, you can stick to the roads and avoid most mob contact, NOPE! Not in Antoran Wastes.

I am, by nature not a particularly violent person, but I wouldn't mind slapping the person who thought this was a fun design.
    This is meant to be the most hostile planet in the Great Dark, it's not supposed to be fun!
    I think Blizzard did a great job with it, I'll give it a 9!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felfaadaern Darkterror View Post
    I thought Timeless Isle was just OKish (Isle of Thunder was better, imho), amusing for a day or so but nothing you could take seriously. It didn't make a lot of sense, like why is the spirit of the Emperor rewarding us every day for killing random cranes and tigers? It was more like a shooting gallery at an amusement park than part of any coherent story line.

A "nice sandboxy feel" would make zero sense for Argus, the center of the Burning Legion's galactic empire. Mechanically, it may work very similar with rares and treasures and such, but the flavor is and needed to be much darker/more threatening. Argus should never feel like we are on holiday.
    Really I just miss griefing players on my own faction and watching them rage in general chat. That's what pushes TI ahead of everything else for me.

Argus actually could become more of a sandbox though. Grinding Demons should give rewards, for example (Not just the eye currency nonsense).

Aside of Krokuun I like the zones pretty much. Antoran Wastes is awesome as it´s dangerous all the time like it should be as the headquarter of the legion.
    The invasions are very bland and I hoped for much more interesting stuff but well maybe the island expeditions next expansion can be the more evolved version of this.
    As for the rest I´m quiet happy with it can equip my alts, don´t have to manage artifact knowledge any more (even if the gating was lame) and well it´s a good ending experience for the legion arc

so 9/10.

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Invasions were fun enough when they came, not too special but good enough to stick around as a feature. And they do provide some excellent leveling for alts in the long run.
    Argus is great, I may not be the biggest fan of the zones in terms of atmosphere (Macaree and the whole Azeroth in the sky is awesome however), but they do feel pretty damn unique. The storyline and things to do have been good for a patch zone. I much prefer this to Timeless/Tanaan. It has a lot more story, progression felt just right since they wanted to gate some of it, new dungeon and world quests to keep me going weeks after release.

7/10 overall.