View Poll Results: How do you rate Argus after 10 weeks, fair content?

Voters
653. This poll is closed
  • 1-2

96 14.70%
  • 3-4

112 17.15%
  • 5-6

180 27.57%
  • 7-8

218 33.38%
  • 9-10

47 7.20%
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildberry View Post
    Grinding Demons should give rewards, for example (Not just the eye currency nonsense).
    Like a Sightless Eye, that would allow you to wander Argus at will unnoticed by any demon?

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehman View Post
    But even a 910 is still a major upgrade for a lot of people, simply because they're such powerful trinkets.

OT: Way over-rewarding and boring. You can get ilvl 930 in a week, but you still have to keep farming argunite for OP trinkets.
    Have to keep farming? No you don't.
    thats some stupid shit this community keeps saying but if you are not in a top 1% guild you really don't have to do jack shit.
    An 910 Arcano is a 47k dps increase over my current trinkets on bosses I do 1.5 mil or higher on.
    Thats fuck all. I can make up for that playing well or being taken off Innervate duty.

If you don't want to do it then don't do it, it really does not matter. If you're not in Method/Exorsus all the way down to Future it really doesn't matter what you do.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felfaadaern Darkterror View Post
    Like a Sightless Eye, that would allow you to wander Argus at will unnoticed by any demon?
    You mean that thing tied to rare farming and the currency nonsense I mentioned? Why not allow us to farm mobs for rep and efficient Argunite, for example?

Not excited by Invasions at all, they're generic zerg-rush scenarios you want done in 2 minutes or less. No thought, no flavor, just get-this-over-with-already.

The only reason I'm doing them is legendaries. Without a need for those, I wouldn't bother past the 3 weekly ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildberry View Post
    You mean that thing tied to rare farming and the currency nonsense I mentioned? Why not allow us to farm mobs for rep and efficient Argunite, for example?
    If you don't like killing mobs and collecting currency then maybe RPGs aren't for you.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    If you don't like killing mobs and collecting currency then maybe RPGs aren't for you.
    I'm fine with collecting currency, but the eyes simply aren't valuable enough to justify it. Notice how I still want to kill mobs.

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    Don't you think it would be kind of stupid for the Legion to leave their roads unpatrolled? What military power does that?

Meanwhile there are ways to ride across Argus unnoticed, herbing or mining or treasure hunting... And multiple ways to one-shot the mobs that do bother you. You just have to explore and find all the hidden power-ups.

- - - Updated - - -

I thought Timeless Isle was just OKish (Isle of Thunder was better, imho), amusing for a day or so but nothing you could take seriously. It didn't make a lot of sense, like why is the spirit of the Emperor rewarding us every day for killing random cranes and tigers? It was more like a shooting gallery at an amusement park than part of any coherent story line.

A "nice sandboxy feel" would make zero sense for Argus, the center of the Burning Legion's galactic empire. Mechanically, it may work very similar with rares and treasures and such, but the flavor is and needed to be much darker/more threatening. Argus should never feel like we are on holiday.
    It seems you miss the whole point of the thread. The "lore" reason for the maze-designed and mob clogged terrain cannot justify the unintutive and tme consuming zone design, nor the lack of meaningful content, as described by various posters.
    /spit@Blizzard

7-8 seems fair, was way better than broke shore content as it was way more in depth "story" wise with the opening quests. However this was countered by it being way more damaging for alts having no way of skipping content and still having to do it to unlock the world quests for each specific zone which i thought was very harsh.

The content is good though and the gear catch up is great for people who have missed say the whole of ToS or completed Night Hold and didn't play until say 1-2 months ago and couldn't get into TOS runs.

Invasions are a good little niche added but again i only do the Greater each week and then if i need the argunite i will do the quests for 3. The new world quests on the zone or straight up farming argunite is a bit gruesome if you do it on more than 2 chars i would say but again the game has to have stuff to do for your alts no one deserves to do something once and get it for free on an alt!

I know they specifically said after they released it in one of the Q&A they designed it so it was heavily mob infested and was no where to hide playstyle but they could have made the place a bit bigger to compensate for this imo. The teleport locations sometimes are so far away from a said quest that it is very taxing to go from one side of the map to the other to find that it isn't where you are looking but in a cave 1000ft below or something like this. If you only had to travel 1 minute instead of 5 minute then i wouldn't be as miffed :P

Still all in all i valued what they tried to establish and make Antorus and im sure Argus raid will be a fitting end.

Deleted
    7-8 for me.

Argus is still awesome for my alts, but as I don't really plan on any more alts for a bit, I would rather have the opportunity to turn off the Invasions on the Broken shore. I personally would just have the WQs that offer more than just order resources and nethershards, which are a bit pointless for me due to surplus (if an Invasions pops JUST as I level a character to 110, its good for a quick 850+ kit of gear, but thats a niche thing for me now).

Deleted
    3 and I'm being generous.

Scenery is crap. Its supposed to be home world of Legion, but there is nothing there, just generic dull zones with mobs.

Endless pointless AP/argunite grind. Paragon rep worse than before with 3 RNG mounts from same rep vendor.

The only redeeming thing about it is Mc'Aree. Zone is beautiful. Hidden treasures that require jumping off cliffs are cool.

Argus is already in the game? I’m still on the Broken Shore shit building towers or whatever. Legion is confusing.

Argus is good and up there with the Timeless Isle. 7-8 rating from me. Much better than the Broken Shores; really alt friendly and engaging in general. Decent stuff.

Oh god if it’s anything like Timeless Isle I don’t wanna go

Deleted
    It was fantastic on my alts. Pretty useless for my main though

Quote Originally Posted by Fabinas View Post
    It seems you miss the whole point of the thread. The "lore" reason for the maze-designed and mob clogged terrain cannot justify the unintutive and tme consuming zone design, nor the lack of meaningful content, as described by various posters.
    The point of the thread is "How do you rate Argus and Invasion points after 10 weeks, fair content?" Nothing says I have to rate it the same as you. I am fully aware that many players would prefer flat zones with fast dying mobs and epic loot. Some of us prefer encounters which have some semblance of matching the story. We are invading the Legion's home world. We should expect it to be some of the most dangerous world content in all the Great Dark. They are a military power. We should expect to face organized defenses. What measures would you take if you ran the planet and expected invaders? Evacuate the roads so the invaders could move to key targets more conveniently?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Broken Fox View Post
    Oh god if it’s anything like Timeless Isle I don’t wanna go
    I would say it is mechanically similar - rares and elites and treasure chests that spawn in different locations at different times - but with a darker theme and flavor. There are dark skies, pools of fel lava, and fel tornadoes. You can buy a demon disguise from a vendor in a cave, ambush demons to farm intact eyes, and trade those to the vendor for toys and mount. The terrain is rough and gutted - ravines and fissures - and the mob density is higher than average. Some of the mobs are not so tough but others with the same skins turn out to be harder hitting elites, so you have to pay attention to what you attack. I find it most fun on my VDH. Lots of places where double jump and glide come in handy; I feel like I'm Batman patrolling Gotham with oh so many demons to hunt.

Deleted
    Set my vote to the middle because you get a solid reward to the time invesment, but that's pretty much all. A plus in Argus is that I am already almost done with collecting mounts (miss 1 rare drop, the fishing one and one paragon mount), but still have some use for the area (pet battle meta, gear upgrades for alts, world bosses). Story was OK, but the introduction of new mission content is not my thing. I wish they did not expand this topic to Argus. Not only is the story time gated (=weekly release), it's also gated by these missions.

Don't like the repetitive nature though, and find invasion points horrible. I will probably bite my teeth and finish the achievement some day, but I don't look forward to this. Also don't know if I will ever finish the Argus meta. Especially this treasure thing seems so pointless. Or collecting the demon eyes, just another grind. I currently have more fun with leveling my fishing artifact, this is at least relaxing.

Regarding invasions - they have a nice boost for leveling alts, especially with heirloom upgrades. Beside that, I only run them if I want to finish the quest in Broken Shore. I am kinda fed up with the finishing scenarios. High Mountain and Stormheim are at least quicker than the other two.
    Last edited by mmoceb1073a651; 2017-11-21 at 11:50 AM.

I rated it an 8. As endgame world content goes, it's as good or better than anything they've done in the past (Tanaan, Timeless Isle, Firelands). I still think they could do more. I liked the way the story unfolded with scenarios on Isle of Thunder King, but prefer world quests where I can choose from menu over the dailies they had back in MoP. I've enjoyed Argus ok so far, but it will get old unless they add some more. We've still got months till BfA.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by scubistacy View Post
    Set my vote to the middle because you get a solid reward to the time invesment, but that's pretty much all. A plus in Argus is that I am already almost done with collecting mounts (miss 1 rare drop, the fishing one and one paragon mount), but still have some use for the area (pet battle meta, gear upgrades for alts, world bosses).

Don't like the repetitive nature though, and find invasion points horrible. I will probably bite my teeth and finish the achievement some day, but I don't look forward to this. Also don't know if I will ever finish the Argus meta. Especially this treasure thing seems so pointless. Or collecting the demon eyes, just another grind. I currently have more fun with leveling my fishing artifact, this is at least relaxing.

Regarding invasions - they have a nice boost for leveling alts, especially with heirloom upgrades. Beside that, I only run them if I want to finish the quest in Broken Shore. I am kinda fed up with the finishing scenarios. High Mountain and Stormheim are at least quicker than the other two.
    I thought the demon eyes were one of the more interesting features, especially since I hadn't read anything about them and had to figure it all out for myself. Having the debuff for taking double damage makes farming elites more... interesting.

Deleted
    I rated it an 8. As endgame world content goes, it's as good or better than anything they've done in the past (Tanaan, Timeless Isle, Firelands). I still think they could do more. I liked the way the story unfolded with scenarios on Isle of Thunder King, but prefer world quests where I can choose from menu over the dailies they had back in MoP. I've enjoyed Argus ok so far, but it will get old unless they add some more. We've still got months till BfA.

- - - Updated - - -

I thought the demon eyes were one of the more interesting features, especially since I hadn't read anything about them and had to figure it all out for myself. Having the debuff for taking double damage makes farming elites more... interesting.
    Meh, I would just spec into frost and then GL for the demons trying to reach me. Still a boring concept from my PoV. Though rares having the possibility of dropping legendaries is definitively a good thing.

8 here. I think they could have done some more small quests(lots of lore there) and even another dungeon would be justified. Overall I like it. The questline was nice and its an awesome place to farm legendaries.

Quote Originally Posted by scubistacy View Post
    Meh, I would just spec into frost and then GL for the demons trying to reach me. Still a boring concept from my PoV. Though rares having the possibility of dropping legendaries is definitively a good thing.
    I just dusted off my DK, who was my main from WotLK through WoD. Dinged 110 this week. I've mostly tanked with him in the past, but have been playing Frost this week because Howling Blast is a blast.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm calculating average rating so far from this poll is 7.938157895