Poll: Skin Color Change In Barbershop

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Technically, no Barber in-game lets you change skin color, only fur color. Though only three of the four furred races can do this, Trolls being the exception, despite it being said in Vanilla lore that they get their color from their fur, and Blizzard Historians in 2014 confirming it is still the case they have fur.. "Skin Color" being a customization option for Trolls in WoW sure is a long time running bug.

I'm personally indifferent to changing Skin Color being added, I can get behind the argument that the barber already allows you to change your character's face. I don't think it'll happen though as that takes an option away from paid character re-customization.

Quote Originally Posted by Destinas View Post
    I'd like this, but I doubt Blizzard would do it, because it would mean less real money for them.

There have been too many times where I've made a character, gone into the game, and found that the skin I chose isn't the same as it appeared in the character creation screen's lighting. It would be a simple thing to add that option to a barber shop that already doubles as a plastic surgeon (and soon chiropractor).
    Exactly this.
    I distinctly remember making a blood elf character once, only having to start over because the actual skin color was way different in the normal lighting than it was at character creation.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wolftusk View Post
    just change the paid appearance change to gender change or something
    Also this.

7+ Year Old Account
    they should do it, but they will not because i think will make the service of change appearance obsolete
    Last edited by Syegfryed; 2017-11-20 at 09:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    Oh, so you would remove features from the existing barbershop. Got it.
    That's correct, it's a barbershop and not a tanning booth or plastic surgery clinic.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

not gonna happen when people pay $ for that service

TriHard o7
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonus View Post
    Anyway stop being such an ass fucktard.
    Quote Originally Posted by oblivium666 View Post
    Would you kindly go fuck yourself?

7+ Year Old Account
    They should just let you change everything about your character except gameplay changes (race and faction) in "barbershops". They never should of charged money for character recustomizations in a game that has a subscription fee plus charges for expansions. It wasn't acceptable when they were implemented and it certainly isn't now, especially at the price point they're at. Most games offer recustomizations for less than 5 USD, but WoW some how managed to charge 3 times the industry standard despite also charging a subscription fee.

This is LONG overdue. They should just make you pay to change gender, especially after certain races can already change color without paying.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    Definitely needed for DH’s and DK’s.

Quick, someone go on the US forums and accuse Blizzard of racism until they add this!
    People already tried that because frankly Blizz were guilty, in that they made a bunch of dark-skinned human skins waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay lighter in WoD. Can't remember what, if anything, Blizz did about it. That may have been when they originally promised to put the option to change skin tone in.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    I say no, it's a barbershop and not a tanning booth.
    This is a bit clueless. Barbers in medieval and renaissance times were also your all-purpose surgeon and in many cases doctor, and some elements of this lasted up into the 1800s. If anyone in the middle ages was going to make changes to your body/face, it would have been the barber. The idea that they only cut hair and shave people is pretty modern.

Honestly it should just open up the character creation screen and let you change all the features there, that's what EQ2 does. But that would lose Blizzard some cash so they would never do it.

ever since user can change their face, i think that user should be able to toggle skin color

some stuff simply works better with other transmogs... since everything else is customizable why not this feature?

Quote Originally Posted by Eurhetemec View Post
    People already tried that because frankly Blizz were guilty, in that they made a bunch of dark-skinned human skins waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay lighter in WoD. Can't remember what, if anything, Blizz did about it. That may have been when they originally promised to put the option to change skin tone in.

This is a bit clueless. Barbers in medieval and renaissance times were also your all-purpose surgeon and in many cases doctor, and some elements of this lasted up into the 1800s. If anyone in the middle ages was going to make changes to your body/face, it would have been the barber. The idea that they only cut hair and shave people is pretty modern.
    Well that's fascinating, but next time keep your bollox to yourself.

10+ Year Old Account
    No gotta make you pay for that appearance change somehow.

Quote Originally Posted by Elven Athena View Post
    They should make race and faction changes something purchaseable with in-game currency, especially since they are hellbent on ruining two very popular races.
    It actually is afaik, thanks to the WoW Token.

I say no, it's a barbershop and not a tanning booth.
    What are you talking about? We can change our faces in the barber shop...

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well that's fascinating, but next time keep your bollox to yourself.
    Bollox is the hip new term "kids today" are using for historical facts?

Quote Originally Posted by Silvercrown View Post
    What are you talking about? We can change our faces in the barber shop...
    I didn't say you couldn't, read the thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Eurhetemec View Post
    Bollox is the hip new term "kids today" are using for historical facts?
    For a start, I'm probably older than you are, I'm certainly not a kid... No, "Bollox" (or Bollocks, Ballocks) is a humourous term to describe somewhat histerical "nonsense" going back many generations from pre second world war times in Great Britain (thought you'd like the history connection, given your previous postings!)

And tell me more about the tanning beds used in medieval times, such historical facts you're about to pull out for me when talking about a fictional world where they have helicopters and talking cow men.
    Last edited by Bigbazz; 2017-11-22 at 05:36 PM.

I didn't say you couldn't, read the thread.

For a start, I'm probably older than you are, I'm certainly not a kid... No, "Bollox" (or Bollocks, Ballocks) is a humourous term to describe somewhat histerical "nonsense" going back many generations from pre second world war times in Great Britain (thought you'd like the history connection, given your previous postings!)

And tell me more about the tanning beds used in medieval times, such historical facts you're about to pull out for me when talking about a fictional world where they have helicopters and talking cow men.
    Stop trolling so this stays on topic. We are all aware it is a game. A fantasy. A place where medieval creatures and dimensional rips occur. A place where I can carry around hundreds of toys (some of which magically shift my entire being into a new form). My backpack can carry tons of plate armor, or I can wear it, and still swim. I can teleport across continents and worlds. My armor can be turned into anything I ever held in my hand by Etheral magicks. There is obviously technology or magical items/spells capable of changing someone's form into just about anything. In short, sir, you are wasting time by attempting to claim anything in WoW be "realistic" while, in reality, this concept of being able to change skin tone through magic or otherwise, is completely feasible.

And, before you try and attempt even the slightest argument, of which you cannot win (again, fantasy game where anything illogical, improbable, or seemingly impossible, can happen), I submit that the barber can already change hair into even longer hair than the character had, can change TUSKS, that's right, tusks, horns, and even the facial features of an individual, but I also submit a list of items that show changing skin color would be as easy as a haircut.

A

Ahuurn's Elixir
    Amulet of Draconic Subversion
    Ashtongue Cowl

B

Baby Spice
    Blood Elf Disguise
    Blossoming Branch
    Box o' Tricks
    Brazier of Dancing Flames

C

Carved Ogre Idol
    Celestial Defender's Medallion

D

Darkspear Pride
    Dartol's Rod of Transformation
    Deathbringer's Will
    Deathbringer's Will (heroic)
    Dire Brew
    Discombobulator Ray
    Disguise

E

Enchanted Illidari Tabard
    Enchanted Moonstalker Cloak
    Ethereal Oil
    Exquisite Costume Set: "Deathwing"
    Exquisite Costume Set: "Edwin VanCleef"
    Exquisite Costume Set: "Grommash"
    Exquisite Costume Set: "The Lich King"

F

Faded Wizard Hat
    Frenzyheart Brew

G

Gnomeregan Pride
    Gnomish Poultryizer
    Gordok Ogre Suit

H

Hallow's End Pumpkin Treat
    Hallowed Wand - Bat
    Hallowed Wand - Ghost
    Hallowed Wand - Leper Gnome
    Hallowed Wand - Ninja
    Hallowed Wand - Pirate
    Hallowed Wand - Random
    Hallowed Wand - Skeleton
    Hallowed Wand - Wisp

I

Iron Boot Flask

K

King Mrgl-Mrgl's Spare Suit (2)

L

Leyara's Locket
    Lifegiving Seed

M

Magic Eater
    Magical Ogre Idol
    The Mischief Maker
    Mohawk Grenade
    Muradin's Favor
    Murloc Costume

N

Narain's Turban
    Noggenfogger Elixir

O

Orb of Deception
    Orb of the Blackwhelp
    Orb of the Crawler
    Orb of the Sin'dorei
    Overseer Disguise
    Overseer Disguise Kit

P

Pygmy Oil

R

Rituals of the New Moon

S

Savory Deviate Delight
    Shabby Arakkoa Disguise
    Stave of Fur and Claw
    Stormcrow Amulet
    Sunfury Disguise
    Super Simian Sphere

T

Thekal's Grasp
    Time-Lost Figurine
    Torment of the Worgen
    Tree Disguise Kit
    Turkey Shooter

U

Underbelly Elixir

W

Warsong Orc Disguise
    Winter Veil Disguise Kit
    Worg Disguise
    Last edited by The Anax; 2017-11-22 at 06:34 PM.

the barber shop should offer sex change operations as well

Quote Originally Posted by The Anax View Post
    And, before you try and attempt even the slightest argument, of which you cannot win
    It's an argument that nobody can win, which is why I'm taking the mocking tone towards people taking this very, very seriously. It's absolutely hilarious to me when someone starts to become the resident expert with their wikipedia articles on human history as a defense for an argument about a completely fictional video game universe.

When people start using bollox arguments for arguments sakes and taking subjects overly seriously I can't help but feel the need to go the opposite.. If it was any of my friends in real life doing this, all of my social circle would be quick to point out "you're being a cunt, stop being a cunt" before laughing it off and moving on. But on internet forums people argue the most pointless nonsense and then pretend they are experts by posting wikipedia articles, which in the real world would only make you look like an utter twat for taking something so pointless, so seriously.

So yes a Barber is a Barber and not a tanning booth, nor a plastic surgery clinic... Regardless of what grey areas relating to hundreds/thousands of years ago in human history you can find on wikipedia.