Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Erinhia View Post
    I mean... Dalaran has never been in Hillsbrad, even in Classic.

Unless you mean the big giant purple bubble with nothing inside. How exciting!
    It always was there, we just didn´t have any interaction with it, we didn´t even have graphics for it xD But it was inside the big pink bubble :>

I mean... Dalaran has never been in Hillsbrad, even in Classic.

Unless you mean the big giant purple bubble with nothing inside. How exciting!
    Umm if my memory isn't failing me wasn't the Dalaran bubble actually in the Alterac Mountains zone in classic, before the zone got merged in with Hillsbrad in Cata?
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    yes in classic it was in classic it was under that bubble.
    "Lore-wise" sure it was supposed to be under the bubble.

In reality, there was nothing there but plain brown ground.

So Dalaran wasn't actually ingame or visible. I'm pretty sure a big purple bubble is not what the OP was asking for :P

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by shise View Post
    It always was there, we just didn´t have any interaction with it, we didn´t even have graphics for it xD But it was inside the big pink bubble :>
    It wasn't though, if you got inside it there was nothing there. Dalaran didn't physically exist in WoW.

(Unless we're talking purely lore-wise)
    Looking for laid-back casual raiding on EU?
    Our community is looking for more players: Take a look and hit me up for info!

7+ Year Old Account
    "Lore-wise" sure it was supposed to be under the bubble.

In reality, there was nothing there but plain brown ground.

So Dalaran wasn't actually ingame or visible. I'm pretty sure a big purple bubble is not what the OP was asking for :P
    again, yes it was actually in the game, just the devs didnt want to waste time moddeling what is under the bubbled. Dalaran was there in classic, the bubble there proves it.
    it was there in vanilla, just you couldent see it. and people want it put there now, hell it could still be in a bubble, just have it return there.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by The Don View Post
    If they are going with the whole continents thing, it might be a good local for the Draenei. But I reckon they will just ignore Azuremyst and Eversong again.
    They've already said they will. Which is a huge shame considering these are such cool zones, but incredibly outdated both lore-wise and visually.

Deleted
    Except Dalaran is now neutral lorewise, and dedicated to the defense of Azeroth

Unless they evict all the horde citizen with Jaina's influence, it cannot be an alliance only city
    Last edited by mmoc860fcb4d54; 2017-11-21 at 01:26 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    again, yes it was actually in the game, just the devs didnt want to waste time moddeling what is under the bubbled. Dalaran was there in classic, the bubble there proves it.
    it was there in vanilla, just you couldent see it. and people want it put there now, hell it could still be in a bubble, just have it return there.
    That's complete nonsense. A big bubble was actually there in game to represent where Dalaran was being rebuilt.

The city itself was not there in any shape or form and nothing was modeled or built until it appeared in WotLK.

Lets stop arguing semantics... The bubble isn't actually Dalaran city.

If Dalaran was to return to EK in BFA, just putting in a big purple bubble with nothing underneath would be extremely disappointing.
    Looking for laid-back casual raiding on EU?
    Our community is looking for more players: Take a look and hit me up for info!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsumaki View Post
    Except Dalaran is now neutral lorewise, and dedicated to the defense of Azeroth

Cannot be an alliance only city
    well Horde has no problems betraying Neutral cities especially Blood Elves betraying Dalaran

We can pull Jaina for another purge and take back what's rightfully ours !

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    sounds abit stupid to land dalaran in the middle of a warzone as neutral faction
    Dalaran showed time and time again they don’t know what neutral actually means. It would be out of character for them not to land there , join in with the alliance attacks and then say “what the fuck we are neutral,” when the forsaken blight bomb them.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Tacticaly-wise, that is definitelly not a good spot for a city to be, so I would say no. If Dalaran would be involved in BfA, I'd expect it to move to a more neutral location (especially after Suramar goes Horde, staying there would be somewhat awkward for any Dalaran leader, even if we talk just diplomatic side of the whole thing, it would be just a matter of short time before Dalaran is accused of spying for the Alliance).
    Theoretically, Dalaran could move over Un'goro or the sea to the west of Silithus. The advantage of that would be closeness of the wound (whichever its name will end up being), while being away from the frontlines and being able to keep the neutral appearance (although I suppose that if the Horde claims the whole of Kalimdor, it might object to even a neutral city flying over its territory, althouogh I doubt the Horde will be able to direct project control over Un'goro, it being where it is and access to it being logistically very painful).
    Finally, Dalaran could just return to Crystalsong. The Lich King is up to something again, and it might be quite important to keep an eye on what the Scourge might be doing. While still keeping neutrality and being away from the frontlines.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zendhal View Post

We can pull Jaina for another purge and take back what's rightfully ours !
    Yeah I edited this idea on my message just after you quoted it

Would be a nice idea storywise, Alliance reclaiming the old magic city with Jaina revenge and put it back to its original place

i dont think they would or else they'd have to redo the entire place a 3rd time. also they cant remove it from broken isles as it acts as a main quest hub there as it did in northrend

If your city can float why ever land? I'd expect them to end up between the two continents watching the chaos unfold, so they can be ready when N'Zoth appears, or over Silithus.

I've had enough of Dalaran. I'm ok if it stays where it is forever.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    Dalaran showed time and time again they don’t know what neutral actually means. It would be out of character for them not to land there , join in with the alliance attacks and then say “what the fuck we are neutral,” when the forsaken blight bomb them.
    Neutrality issue aside (I doubt that Dalaran could get rid of any of the Horde members without invoking a potential war crime again, especially since I doubt Sylvanas will give them the benefit of a provocation), I don't think the Council of Six would let the city land that close to what would end up being enemy territory. The Horde would definitelly not be happy about that, and being landbased again, Dalaran would be open to being attacked by "mundane" armies. Most likely just not worth the risk.
    That being said, Dalaran being back to its original location would allow the Alliance incredible logistic feats, bypassing quite a bit of the Horde's defenses - nowhere near enough, though. Finally, it couldn't stay there. If the frontline shifts to Arathi, even if the Alliance holds Lordaeron (which I personaly do not see as possible, but, well, it's Blizzard we are talking about here), it would be WAY too risky to just stay there, as in case of the Horde breaking through Alliance lines, the only thing stopping the Horde from ransacking Dalaran would be the ruins of Thoradin's Wall and Durnholde.

10+ Year Old Account
    There is NPC's around the crater, talking about surveying the land to have Dalaran return at a point.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    And have THREE non-phased copies of the city floating around all over the world? No thanks...

That said it would be easier for the Horde to attack it from the ground...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Serenais View Post
    Tacticaly-wise, that is definitelly not a good spot for a city to be, so I would say no. If Dalaran would be involved in BfA, I'd expect it to move to a more neutral location (especially after Suramar goes Horde, staying there would be somewhat awkward for any Dalaran leader, even if we talk just diplomatic side of the whole thing, it would be just a matter of short time before Dalaran is accused of spying for the Alliance).
    Theoretically, Dalaran could move over Un'goro or the sea to the west of Silithus. The advantage of that would be closeness of the wound (whichever its name will end up being), while being away from the frontlines and being able to keep the neutral appearance (although I suppose that if the Horde claims the whole of Kalimdor, it might object to even a neutral city flying over its territory, althouogh I doubt the Horde will be able to direct project control over Un'goro, it being where it is and access to it being logistically very painful).
    Finally, Dalaran could just return to Crystalsong. The Lich King is up to something again, and it might be quite important to keep an eye on what the Scourge might be doing. While still keeping neutrality and being away from the frontlines.
    I think this sounds like good plan if Dalaran stays neutral. If not, then I am not sure where the Alliance-connected Kirin Tor should move to. If they are viewed as a tactical asset, I would probably set them up somewhere around Undercity, or probably even move Dalaran towards Silvermoon to keep the BE in check. If not, then I would go somewhere safe.

Though I hope that they will stay neutral. My main is a mage and the whole situation in MoP was quite awful, because I actually wanted to stay in the Kirin Tor, but the purge of BEs by Jaina was unbearable. It was quite satisfying to see Jaina leave later. She can go die in a fire. I am done with that character. Anyway, regarding the whole Order Halls development in Legion, I feel kinda betrayed that this structure gets broken again in the next expansion.

Honestly, why don't the Class Orders just band together and dismantle both Alliance and Horde if they are too infantile to stop their constant bickering?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by scubistacy View Post
    I think this sounds like good plan if Dalaran stays neutral. If not, then I am not sure where the Alliance-connected Kirin Tor should move to. If they are viewed as a tactical asset, I would probably set them up somewhere around Undercity, or probably even move Dalaran towards Silvermoon to keep the BE in check. If not, then I would go somewhere safe.
    Dalaran is not exactly defensible if it lands. Kirin Tor might be a lot of mages, but they are mostly scholars, not battle-mages (at least, that is my impression). The city itself lacks any sensible defenses, bar the "beam" in the Violet Citadel tower - which wouldn't be very useful against approaching armies anyway. So, Alliance-allied Dalaran would probably best move to a core Alliance territory, or at least to a safe distance from the frontlines. In such a case, maybe over Karazhan, where it was in the pre-Legion event?

Quote Originally Posted by scubistacy View Post
    Honestly, why don't the Class Orders just band together and dismantle both Alliance and Horde if they are too infantile to stop their constant bickering?
    One possible explanation is that some orders don't have enough resources to pull that off, and their order halls are either too far removed (Netherlight temple, for example), in territory going from neutral to alligned (Trueshot Lodge, as Highmountain is to become Horde territory), or outright on likely frontlines (Sanctum of Light). In such a case, the orders would not be in the position to actually do something about the conflict, as the Horde and the Alliance are still mostly non-order organisation.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Elfezen View Post
    So now that the Alliance controls all the Eastern Kingdoms
    Alliance controls what? Just because they attacked a city doesn't mean they conquered it. Tirisfal and Quel'Thalas will still be Horde controlled lol. Also from Legion Dalaran is back to being neutral