Shepherd audio leak

So as a follow up to the controversy over the Lindsay Shepherd and her Jordan Peterson clip, there has been a leak (or release) of the meeting between her and the faculty.

While I enjoy John Ward's videos and take on things, I opted to put it at the time code directly to the start of the interview. As someone who works in Higher Education in the USA, I witness the mentality and agenda by the faculty in the audio often.

Where you may or may not fall on the gender debate is irrelevant on this matter. The "code" and agenda being forced upon Shepherd in the audio is appalling.

Last edited by hakujinbakasama; 2017-11-22 at 01:09 AM.

She is as guilty as sin and should be expelled from all university spaces.

Deleted
    I don't really understand what we're discussing

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    Nothing. It is a nation bashing video. Report and move along.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    Well I saw Canada 1984 and did eyetwitch

15+ Year Old Account
    Okay, I wasn't really aware of this story before reading this thread. Basing an opinion on the video in the OP from the discussion between Sheperd and the faculty, it seems they don't know why what she did was wrong exactly, but she should feel bad for doing it. It seems like the video she showed was valid to the content of her lecture and that she wasn't endorsing the views of the person in the video. The one faculty member goes as far as saying that her remaining neutral while showing the video, leaving things up for discussion in the lecture, is the problem.

I know things have changed a lot since I was in college. Its been 15 years now, but college was a place that you went to expand your scope and experience new ideas and discussions. The teacher in this case was showing a controversial figure for the purpose of creating a discussion in the class related to the content of the video and the fluidity of our language (example they were giving were the valid use of they in the singular). I'm glad she recorded this because it really showed that the faculty didn't really know why they wanted to punish her or exactly what she violated, but said she was wrong for doing it.

We're discussing how truly ineffective college is at preparing students for post-campus life, basically.

- - - Updated - - -

Sounds like you're trying to do exactly what the college is. Good job.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    We're discussing how truly ineffective college is at preparing students for post-campus life, basically.
    Hasn't it been like that for decades

10+ Year Old Account

This is what the discussion is about. That's Jordan Peterson and he's telling the story of what happen to the person in question.

10+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

Sounds like you're trying to do exactly what the college is. Good job.
    A better video which doesn't open with completely bashing Canada as a whole would be better. But with the video you posted, and how it presents itself, this is a clear violation of the forum guidelines.

A better video which doesn't open with completely bashing Canada as a whole would be better. But with the video you posted, and how it presents itself, this is a clear violation of the forum guidelines.
    The substance of the video isn't a nation bash. Nor is discussing the idiocy of the law in question. And I didn't post the video.

10+ Year Old Account
    The substance of the video isn't a nation bash. Nor is discussing the idiocy of the law in question. And I didn't post the video.
    Sorry, Thought you were the OP for some reason.

The problem with the video is you need to sit through minutes of nation bashing before you get to the substance. If it was simply a video of the recorded conversation, then fine, but you need to get through just under 3 minutes of "Canada is a bunch of cucks!" message before you get to the topic of this thread.

Sorry, Thought you were the OP for some reason.

The problem with the video is you need to sit through minutes of nation bashing before you get to the substance. If it was simply a video of the recorded conversation, then fine, but you need to get through just under 3 minutes of "Canada is a bunch of cucks!" message before you get to the topic of this thread.
    That was my fault. I specifically selected the time code for the share to start a few minutes in to avoid John's commentary as it wasn't relevant. Since that failed under the video link feature, I've changed over to another video which is just the audio (I didn't find one in my initial search.)

For those who didn't see the initial now closed thread

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...light=peterson

The follow up from the University now that the audio has been released has had a tone change as well.

http://nationalpost.com/news/politic...-peterson-clip

“After listening to this recording, an apology is in order. The conversation I heard does not reflect the values and practices to which Laurier aspires. I am sorry it occurred in the way that it did and I regret the impact it had on Lindsay Shepherd.”