Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Trump has got to be one of the thinnest skinned people alive.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    No. I think the players should have been left to face justice in China, but because I feel they should have faced the consequences for their actions. Trump thinks he should have left them there because one of the player's parents didn't lick his boots and prostrate himself sufficiently. That's an abusive, petty, small-minded bit of bullshit.
    The did suffer the consequences of their actions though. More often than not n cases like this the suspect is let go if they can pay for what they lifted, plus or minus probation.

10 years for some glasses is beyond excessive.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

10+ Year Old Account
    Trump should have made a deal where China would take the father in place of the players....

10+ Year Old Account
    What He Meant Was.

Trump tweets about UCLA players were ‘rhetorical,’ White House says

The apparent lack of praise seemed to trigger Trump's tweets on the issue on Sunday evening. Trump called Ball "very ungrateful" and said he "should have left [the players] in jail!"

Sanders said those tweets were "a rhetorical response" to Ball's criticisms and that Trump was "happy to see the release of these individuals."
    Somehow, I don't think anyone, including Sanders, bought that.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    I mean, diplomatically speaking, that's basically what they did, so I really don't see that it's that big a stretch.
    I disagree. They don't appear to be facing any charges here. They admitted guilt in China to the charge that could have carried a decade in prison. They admitted this guilt, but China withdrew the charges. They were then able to return home.

This is very different from the charges carrying over to be charged in the United States.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    What He Meant Was.

Just when you think they couldn't stretch the truth any further.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    What He Meant Was.

I basically just filter them out these days, Sanders is about as wed to the truth as her predecessor and has the charisma of Dolores Umbridge.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Deleted
    So, Trump is admitting that he pressured the Chinese authorities just to get his ass kissed?

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Very Tired View Post
    Politics aside, if someone saves your dumb kids from years in a Chinese prison, you don't have to compliment them, but at least keep your mouth shut. Those guys made national news as they embarrassed their school, country, and race. They deserve to be in jail.

We can't get anymore embarrassed after Trump was elected.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellhound View Post
    Trump should have made a deal where China would take the father in place of the players....
    For what crime?

Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    For what crime?
    Not prostrating yourself before the crown. Its a federal crime you know.

- - - Updated - - -

How long till Trump brings back prima nocta?
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

10+ Year Old Account
    For what crime?
    Being an egotistical ass who is using his son's abilities for his own self centered ends.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    Not prostrating yourself before the crown. Its a federal crime you know.

- - - Updated - - -

How long till Trump brings back prima nocta?
    Really couldnt care less about Trump, just dont like the father.

no take backs you petty bich. if it was one of the players that said that then I'd understand that sentiment a bit more but no it's: NOT EVERYONE IS PRAISING ME!! GRRRRTR /table flip

Trump is essentially whining about not being thanked for upholding his oath of office on one issue. It’s pathetic that his supporters like this behavior.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Being an egotistical ass who is using his son's abilities for his own self centered ends.

- - - Updated - - -

Thats a new law to me, interesting.

- - - Updated - - -

Is this the new Trump supporter argument line? “Not a supporter, BUT...” Not very effective tbh when you’re claiming that your dislike for Ball makes him a criminal.

It's just opening the new front. The NFL is cratering, so it's time to get basketball spiraling out of control.

Deleted
    Should have left them their. How will they ever be rehabilitated and made into productive members of Society, if they get send off to a Country, were 1 out of 3 people have a Criminal record?

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Souls View Post
    https://www.politico.com/story/2017/...na-jail-248511

The three players themselves (who were arrested for shoplifting in China) thanked Trump for keeping them out of jail. But LaVar Ball, the father of one of the players, said Trump doesn't deserve any credit. So Trump tweeted out, "Now that the three basketball players are out of China and saved from years in jail, LaVar Ball, the father of LiAngelo, is unaccepting of what I did for his son and that shoplifting is no big deal. I should have left them in jail!"

How fucking petty can he get?

He is right about one thing though, he should have left them in jail. Anyone who is dumb enough to knowingly and willfully break the law in a foreign country known for harsh punishments deserves to face the consequences. But when all you care about is people thanking you, praising you, and kissing your ass, you tend to make awful decisions.
    Deplorable gets more deplorable every day. No joking. Not being snide. This is the reality that we live in now. I can think of no other modern president who could act in such a blatant, publicly petty manner. And what makes it worse is that people who continue to back Trump, will do so no matter what he does, "even if he shot and killed someone in Times Square".

#deplorable45

10+ Year Old Account
    Thats a new law to me, interesting.
    Who said anything about a law, I was talking about a trade.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vyuvarax View Post
    Is this the new Trump supporter argument line? “Not a supporter, BUT...” Not very effective tbh when you’re claiming that your dislike for Ball makes him a criminal.
    I am not a Trump supporter, didnt vote for him, dont like him. I didnt say Ball was a criminal, just that we should have traded him for his son. A business transaction with winners all around, especially his son.