Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Talime View Post
    Unfortunately I haven't saved the Interview but according to it Forsaken will still be in Silverpine and Nightelves will still be in Ashenvale and every other Zone they have had.
    The Horde / Alliance Continent Controll just relates to Teldrassil and Lordaeron.

I mean it makes sense, as Blizz is far too lazy to change anything beyond that.

So that means while the Alliance loses a big factional city, the Nelves are still on Kalimdor in their respected zones which one of them is Feralas where the entire Sentinel army is currently located.

I'll try to find that interview it was aroudn the 12th November.

Ok found it was on a german site, you can watch the interview:

http://www.vanion.eu/news/battle-for...nd-jenes-17393

"Kalimdor und die östlichen Königreiche werden nicht komplett Horde bzw. Allianz gehören. Einige Zonen werden nicht erobert, wie der Silberwald, Süderstade oder Quel'Thalas."

Translation: Kalimdor and the eastern Kingoms will not be completely Horde or Alliance owned. Some zones will not be conquered for example: Silverpine, Southstore or Quel Thalas.

So it is rather safe to assume that Ashenvale, Hyjal, Feralas will also still be Nightelf controlled.
    Last edited by mmoc9469597767; 2017-11-21 at 06:28 PM.

Would be pretty awesome if the night elves and the worgen that stuck more to Kalimdor than the EK moved to Val'sharah, and set up a new society around Shaladrassil, fully garrisoning Black Rook Hold. The Shen'dralar could also resettle the Moon Guard Stronghold. Would make for a nice balance of power in the Broken Isles.

Quote Originally Posted by Yvaelle View Post
    I don't think it's fair to assume all of the Broken Isles is with the Horde.

If you were paying attention to the story lines, Suramar was a civil war with half the highborne siding against Elisande and her demons, and working with Tyrande (if the Alliance side of the conflict becomes the canon side) to overthrow her.

Some faction of the Nightborne and Highmountain Tauren (three tribes with differing views too) could end up siding with the Horde and becoming playable, without their entire race joining. Also, the Nightborne are probably pretty fucking devastated right now in terms of population and ability to control the Broken Isles: they were trapped in their bubble for 10,000 years, then the demons invaded them as their first stop, then they had a civil war, then both of the most powerful factions in the world (H & A) both invaded their city simultaneously, killing off pretty much everyone on the assumption they were all corrupted by demons, then we slaughtered their chain of command and took their loot.

The Nightborne aren't a continent controlling faction after TOS, they're refugees with conflicting factions and bitter rivalries that allowed their once-great empire to fall to dust in the span of a couple years. They would pose no threat to the elves of Val'Sharah. Some might join the Horde, most of Suramar might simply focus on rebuilding after TOS. A war with the entrenched Nelves in Val'Sharah wouldn't serve them well right now - especcially because I'm sure a lot of the Nelves are going to be looking for someone to kill - best to keep your head down right now.

As for the Highmountain Tauren, Ebonhorn is pretty important to them, and he's a black dragon - Wrathion has demonstrated he prefers the Alliance (or, would prefer if they win the BFA, circa Pandaria): it's reasonable to assume Ebonhorn may not agree with the Highmountain Tribe that sides with the Horde. One tribe might join while the rest attempt to stay out of the BFA.

The Naga are night elves - and we have our conflicts - but deep down the Naga just wish they were still sexy: they just want to rejoin us. Also, Aszuna is filled with Night Elf ghosts who kill - so it's not going to work out for anyone but the Night Elves to control Aszuna.

Lastly, we know the Vrykul aren't going to side with the Horde - they want Sylvanas dead circa TOS - they'll only be less happy with her now that she is the leader of the Horde. So they will likely be a lot more hostile to Horde factions than Alliance, even if they don't become playable for Alliance.

I think TOS factions are going to be a lot more divided than people initially think just because they have playable horde sub-factions.

Val'Sharah/Aszuna might be the most logical place for the Night Elves to rebuild.
    there are some things in which I do not share your ideas but I also believe that azsuna and valshara can be the counterpart of highmontain and suramar

10+ Year Old Account
    as exciting as it could be to have some of these suggestions that ya'll are going balls deep in to, i'd be very surprised if blizz redo the lost cities. its supposed to be phased until high level when the sieges take place isn't it? if thats the case nelves will still start in teldrassil etc surely?

failing that and they actually do trash teldrassil in game for level 1s too, they'll probably do an easy cop out and relocate nelf starting location to azuremyst or elwynn depending on what fits easier, more likely azuremyst with their 'close links' to draenei etc

If they can remain in Kalimdor, I'd have the night elves bolster Feathermoon Stronghold and make Eldre'Thalas their capital. Imagine seeing Dire Maul as it was in the days of old, with the artstyle and graphics shown in Azsuna!

If they must leave Kalimdor, I'd give them Val'sharah fully, with Black Rook Hold and Moon Guard Stronghold.

If they must go to the EK, I'd have them settle up a new capital around Seradane.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post
    a portal to the emerald dream ...
    ...It is a place with a strong Druid connection... Dreamgrove...
    My only disagreement with this is that... Horde have all the same connections. Everything else sounds good though.

Quote Originally Posted by ChunkyCheerio View Post
    My only disagreement with this is that... Horde have all the same connections. Everything else sounds good though.
    true but in the case of night elves is stronger the first druid is malfurion !!

Nowhere...

Kinda have the feeling that Blizz won't change anything ingame.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ajidehak View Post
    Why should they abandon their 10 thousand year old homeland and go somewhere else?

They will retrieve Northen Kalimdor again. You can't really expect them to abandon Hyjal, Ashenvale, Moonglade that easy.
    Well Val'Sharah has been their homeland for even longer :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Hyjal. Calling it right now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Talime View Post
    Ok found it was on a german site, you can watch the interview:

http://www.vanion.eu/news/battle-for...nd-jenes-17393

"Kalimdor und die östlichen Königreiche werden nicht komplett Horde bzw. Allianz gehören. Einige Zonen werden nicht erobert, wie der Silberwald, Süderstade oder Quel'Thalas."

Translation: Kalimdor and the eastern Kingoms will not be completely Horde or Alliance owned. Some zones will not be conquered for example: Silverpine, Southstore or Quel Thalas.

So it is rather safe to assume that Ashenvale, Hyjal, Feralas will also still be Nightelf controlled.
    Hmm, interesting...wonder what this means for Gilneas.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Enfilade View Post
    Hyjal. Calling it right now.
    Kalimdor belongs to Horde next expansion.

It won't be in game, but there is 0% chance for Valsharah either - it's surrounded by Horde territory (Highmountain and Suramar).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bjoramier of Lordaeron View Post
    Most of this stuff will probably be in a scenario, let's be real, blizzard is too lazy to do anything to the old world than add mobs like artifact quest stuff.
    Unfortunately, what you say is true. But one man can dream.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    Kalimdor belongs to Horde next expansion.

It won't be in game, but there is 0% chance for Valsharah either - it's surrounded by Horde territory (Highmountain and Suramar).
    Versus Valsharah and Aszuna? 2v2? dont see how that is 0% chance..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shelly View Post
    This is a terrible argument.

1) Night Elves are just as old and have been fighting multiple opponents for 10k+ years rather than just practicing time magics.

2) The magics of the Nightborne are empowered by the Nightwell, which we close at the end of the Surumar raid. Their magical powers have decreased accordingly.

3) All their battle experience is against themselves. While that may give them a unique fighting style it also makes them weak, inexperienced and prone to bad habits.

Sorry but saying "well they have nightborne mages that are super experienced" is just silly given that Night Elves have exactly the same thing.
    1. They'd live in a forest dude, literally every nightborne mage in Suramar could chuck a couple of fireballs and burn it all down.

2. The Arcan'Dor is online which is basically the same thing.

3. Who cares? Powerful spells are still powerful spells regardless of who they're used against. Only the nightborne have a lot more talented mages than the night elves.

Literally just put them in Duskwood instead, that way they're in Alliance territory rather than surrounded by the nightborne and the high mountain as someone else already pointed out.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    except their population has plumitted and they are recovering from a massive civil war.
    A civil war which we mostly fought for them,

Against the Burning Legion.

Must've taken a massive toll on them.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cien View Post
    as exciting as it could be to have some of these suggestions that ya'll are going balls deep in to, i'd be very surprised if blizz redo the lost cities. its supposed to be phased until high level when the sieges take place isn't it? if thats the case nelves will still start in teldrassil etc surely?

failing that and they actually do trash teldrassil in game for level 1s too, they'll probably do an easy cop out and relocate nelf starting location to azuremyst or elwynn depending on what fits easier, more likely azuremyst with their 'close links' to draenei etc
    I think they mentioned already that Teldrassil will remain a phased starting zone for new Nelves until much higher level.
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

10+ Year Old Account
    feralas is a good place if they stay in kalimdor but this assumption is in case they leave
    Ah, right. In that case, yes, I can see Val'sharah as one of the two locations where the night elves could relocated. Val'sharah is overall a better destination, but it has a significant drawback - two Horde controlled zones right on its borders. That could make initial settlement quite difficult, and would require significant presence of force for extended amount of time.
    The other one would be the Wetlands, where Night elves already have a presence, but it could work only as a short time solution. There is no nearby Horde presence, thus settling in could proceed relatively unimpeded, plus the zone has a major harbor. The downside of the Wetlands is that it simply isn't suitable for long term habitation of a large population.

For those reasons, I think the Night elves might end up in Val'sharah, if they are unable to stay in Kalimdor. However, the major difficulties mentioned might preclude that for some time.

Quote Originally Posted by Serenais View Post
    Ah, right. In that case, yes, I can see Val'sharah as one of the two locations where the night elves could relocated. Val'sharah is overall a better destination, but it has a significant drawback - two Horde controlled zones right on its borders. That could make initial settlement quite difficult, and would require significant presence of force for extended amount of time.
    The other one would be the Wetlands, where Night elves already have a presence, but it could work only as a short time solution. There is no nearby Horde presence, thus settling in could proceed relatively unimpeded, plus the zone has a major harbor. The downside of the Wetlands is that it simply isn't suitable for long term habitation of a large population.

For those reasons, I think the Night elves might end up in Val'sharah, if they are unable to stay in Kalimdor. However, the major difficulties mentioned might preclude that for some time.
    They could make azsuna an alliance zone and that would be 2 zones for the alliance and 2 for the horde

- - - Updated - - -

If I remember correctly, Malfurion was born in Valshara

15+ Year Old Account
    They could make azsuna an alliance zone and that would be 2 zones for the alliance and 2 for the horde

- - - Updated - - -

If I remember correctly, Malfurion was born in Valshara
    Not to mention with the Temple of the Moon (Darnassus) lost, the Temple of Elune (Val'Sharah) is a highly likely place for the Night Elves to flock.

Quote Originally Posted by Yvaelle View Post
    Not to mention with the Temple of the Moon (Darnassus) lost, the Temple of Elune (Val'Sharah) is a highly likely place for the Night Elves to flock.
    and Dreamgrove, Black Rook Hold, Shaladrassil in that place they have everything they need

15+ Year Old Account
    and Dreamgrove, Black Rook Hold, Shaladrassil in that place they have everything they need
    Ya really Val'Sharah is almost the only logical place for the Night Elves to go.