Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    Too late. I found what Nyel said last and he said that WoD was the least appreciated / worst expansion. He was absolutely right. Now, the why and how can normally be discussed but looking at your two posts which are completely devoid of any talk regarding the game and concentrate on talking about forum posters, I doubt that would work.
    I'm sorry I usually lurk and tend to ignore your posts because you are just as autistic. But based on my extensive lurking in every situation Nyel is met with a discussion, he is always the one in the right and couldn't possibly be wrong. I redirect you back to my previous post regarding him. He's worse than that Tobindax guy who used to hang around here. Actually the similarities are uncanny; it's probably him.

Someone's flavour is totally objective and you can't label someone's opinion as wrong just because you defiantly and stubbornly believe otherwise.
    Last edited by mmoc7a08be8048; 2017-11-21 at 01:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Victarion92 View Post
    I'm sorry I usually lurk and tend to ignore your posts because you are just as autistic.

Someone's flavour is totally objective and you can't label someone's opinion as wrong just because you defiantly and stubbornly believe otherwise.
    One more worthless content-free post. Buddy, talk about the game, not about other posters. Do you hear me? No? Ah, forget it.

Deleted
    One more worthless content-free post. Buddy, talk about the game, not about other posters. Do you hear me? No? Ah, forget it.
    I'm not your buddy and the day I ever considered I was then that would be the day I'd give up on life.

Quote Originally Posted by Victarion92 View Post
    I'm not your buddy and the day I ever considered I was then that would be the day I'd give up on life.
    Yeah, OK, I think this time it's going to be me ignoring someone useless.

Deleted
    Yeah, OK, I think this time it's going to be me ignoring someone useless.
    Toodles. /10chars

7+ Year Old Account
    I am really looking forward to several aspects of the new expansion.

1. No more Tier grinding (sorry but i just hated it )
    2. No more Legendary crap. ( to much hype and most of them are crap anyway )
    3. No more Artifacts or grinding .(seemed fun early but quickly became a chore)
    4. Us vs Them (how it should be)
    5. Diff. Starting zones I like keeping factions apart early
    6. 120 lvl cap (always a fan of growing)
    7. new instances and raids
    8. the 3 man ventures that change (sounds fun)
    9. stat squish. numbers where getting to big anyway...
    10. the new PvP . love how its going to work instead of a server for PvP.

over all im excited. not a fan of classic servers, I started back when the game came out, it was fun, but i have enjoyed wow as its evolved. looking forward to more years of fun and more expansions.

Quote Originally Posted by nacixems View Post
    I am really looking forward to several aspects of the new expansion.

1. No more Tier grinding (sorry but i just hated it )
    2. No more Legendary crap. ( to much hype and most of them are crap anyway )
    3. No more Artifacts or grinding .(seemed fun early but quickly became a chore)
    4. Us vs Them (how it should be)
    5. Diff. Starting zones I like keeping factions apart early
    6. 120 lvl cap (always a fan of growing)
    7. new instances and raids
    8. the 3 man ventures that change (sounds fun)
    9. stat squish. numbers where getting to big anyway...
    10. the new PvP . love how its going to work instead of a server for PvP.

over all im excited. not a fan of classic servers, I started back when the game came out, it was fun, but i have enjoyed wow as its evolved. looking forward to more years of fun and more expansions.
    Cross off 3 because it's just getting replaced with grinding three new items with a slightly different UI for the traits.

Don't know what you mean by 10, the new PVP, if you mean the change in the setting of the PVP flag, then, sure, that's welcome, but that's about the extent of their changes. If you want to know how it is going to play, you can turn the PVP flag on and try world PVP right now. It's a mess and it's going to stay a mess because they aren't planning on making big changes in places where they are needed.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Only if it is paired with a decapitated body of Syvanas hanged on a rope.
    How would that even work? Like, without a head hanging is just not effective as a way to hold up a body. Pick one, buddy!

Cross off 3 because it's just getting replaced with grinding three new items with a slightly different UI for the traits.

Don't know what you mean by 10, the new PVP, if you mean the change in the setting of the PVP flag, then, sure, that's welcome, but that's about the extent of their changes. If you want to know how it is going to play, you can turn the PVP flag on and try world PVP right now. It's a mess and it's going to stay a mess because they aren't planning on making big changes in places where they are needed.
    Re: Azerite it remains to be seen how the grind is functionally. It's not even 100% clear if you only grind the EoA necklace, and the level of that unlocks items, or if you have to grind BOTH the EoA necklace and the items or even just the items. I think it's the former but...

The only problem I really anticipate with the system is that, apparently, items of the same general type can have different options. So whilst Thronkar's Burning Spaulders will always have the same set of options, Golden Mangler Shoulderplates, despite being say around the same ilvl, or even from the same raid/dungeon, may have a different trait layout. This may create a situation where some particularly desirable trait is only available on a particular item at a given ilvl/progression-stage, and you may end up praying for it to drop pretty damn hard. I mean, that's not a new disaster, because we've all had part of a set fail to drop or whatever, but it might not be that much better as a situation, in practice. It all depends on the specifics, though - could be a non-issue (esp. if there are a small-ish number of traits overall, or they don't synergise that intensely, and maybe you just pick a 5-ilvl lower piece instead to get the right one, no biggy), or a huge issue (if some traits are rare AND the synergy is pretty strong).

Re: PvP that's clearly not true, because if you flag PvP right now, you are randomly in whatever phase or CRZ that you'd normally be in, with whatever paucity or adequacy of PvP-flagged dudes that provides. Whereas with the new system, you will be in the same phase/CRZ as all the other flagged dudes, and no-one else. Presumably they'll also take the opportunity to hook some PvP servers into clusters with PvE servers and so on, increasing the number of potentially-flagged dudes.

Whether that's a mess or not is another question, but even if it is, it's a very different mess. There's no "ganking people just doing quests". Everyone signed up for it in the most formal way possible and anyone you see will be friend or foe, rather than most of them just being "some dude".

7+ Year Old Account

I understand the PvP thing, i ment less about change to pvp and more about the flag and no more pvp servers.. per say. on the #3 i ment the AP and taking up bag space and .. well i;m not really sure i gathered that once u have unlocked x. it applies to all items u have on, so.. i'm going to wait and see but I am crossing my fingers its not like the AP grind.

Quote Originally Posted by Eurhetemec View Post
    How would that even work? Like, without a head hanging is just not effective as a way to hold up a body. Pick one, buddy!
    :-)

Re: Azerite it remains to be seen how the grind is functionally. It's not even 100% clear if you only grind the EoA necklace, and the level of that unlocks items, or if you have to grind BOTH the EoA necklace and the items or even just the items. I think it's the former but...
    Quote Originally Posted by nacixems View Post
    on the #3 i ment the AP and taking up bag space and .. well i;m not really sure i gathered that once u have unlocked x. it applies to all items u have on, so.. i'm going to wait and see but I am crossing my fingers its not like the AP grind.
    I agree that we don't know the details of the grind but I have no doubt that the grind will be quite significant, most likely encompassing at least the first half of the expansion.

Re: PvP that's clearly not true, because if you flag PvP right now, you are randomly in whatever phase or CRZ that you'd normally be in, with whatever paucity or adequacy of PvP-flagged dudes that provides. Whereas with the new system, you will be in the same phase/CRZ as all the other flagged dudes, and no-one else. Presumably they'll also take the opportunity to hook some PvP servers into clusters with PvE servers and so on, increasing the number of potentially-flagged dudes.
    I just wanted to say that if you want to see how PVP is going to play in BFA, you can try it right now.

I agree that the change to the switch is good. It is just that there are tons upon tons of issues with PVP and they aren't getting addressed. The balance is trash, there is no barrier for PVE, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc.

Sure, not being ganked is useful. But actually have PVP be enjoyable - yeah, I doubt it will be enjoyable to many. It will be about as enjoyable as it is now. Which is not at all.
    Last edited by rda; 2017-11-21 at 04:19 PM.

The only problem I really anticipate with the system is that, apparently, items of the same general type can have different options. So whilst Thronkar's Burning Spaulders will always have the same set of options, Golden Mangler Shoulderplates, despite being say around the same ilvl, or even from the same raid/dungeon, may have a different trait layout. This may create a situation where some particularly desirable trait is only available on a particular item at a given ilvl/progression-stage, and you may end up praying for it to drop pretty damn hard. I mean, that's not a new disaster, because we've all had part of a set fail to drop or whatever, but it might not be that much better as a situation, in practice. It all depends on the specifics, though - could be a non-issue (esp. if there are a small-ish number of traits overall, or they don't synergise that intensely, and maybe you just pick a 5-ilvl lower piece instead to get the right one, no biggy), or a huge issue (if some traits are rare AND the synergy is pretty strong).
    What we know:
    Azerite will be gained in a variety of activities.
    Azerite is applied to the necklace to level it up.
    The Level of the necklace unlocks differennt "tiers" on Azerite armor pieces.
    All versions of a particular Azerite item will have the same trait i.e. normal, Heroic, and Mythic "Shoulders of Epic Power" will have the same traits.
    Raids will have unique traits only found in them.

What we don't know:
    How bad the grind for Azerite will be.
    What sort of traits will exist? Are they just + 20% crit on an ability, or are there traits that alter abilities in significant ways.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Cresftall and Zul'dare in particular are two small islands, close to Kul'tiras, perfect to be aligned with either faction. Place something between them beneath the sea and they can be bases of operation for a neutral zone.
    There is a chance they didn't drift with kul'tiras, although it would be unlikely blizzard adds stuff to the EK.

Deleted
    New PTR build: WOW-25516patch7.3.2_PTR (~40MB)
    Current retail build is: WOW-25497patch7.3.2_Retail

Probably nothing important, but @Marlamin will confirm
    Last edited by mmoc586e3b8dfe; 2017-11-21 at 05:41 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    once again, blizzard updates the ptr all the time with insignificant builds. it's nothing notable.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz
    MMO champion for example used to be the center of WoW theorycrafting

Deleted
    Yup.
    But we're getting closer to 7.3.5, so... that's something I guess

Quote Originally Posted by feangren View Post
    New PTR build: WOW-25516patch7.3.2_PTR (~40MB)
    Current retail build is: WOW-25497patch7.3.2_Retail

Probably nothing important, but @Marlamin will confirm
    Yeah, just more hotfix builds. This one was very late though as it hit when I woke up this morning.

5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    fixed your little flaw

- - - Updated - - -

lol, you didnt? you dont play retail much do you ^^
    Where did I state I didn't?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilithvia Akamadaughter View Post
    Where did I state I didn't?
    well if you didnt knew the Eye of Aszhara has a fly path it means you was never there for the mount or pet aka you didnt play a lot.
    which is no wonder if you are stuck on the oceans hunting for someone you can never catch :P

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Terran getting excited on Twitter for the Antorus cinematic de-encrypting I see.

Calling it now, 7.3.5 hits PTR next Wednesday, after the cinematic is posted on every single fansite.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Terran getting excited on Twitter for the Antorus cinematic de-encrypting I see.

Calling it now, 7.3.5 hits PTR next Wednesday, after the cinematic is posted on every single fansite.
    it's not really a gigantic surprise that they'd save the post-argus ptr patch for after argus has been defeated

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz
    MMO champion for example used to be the center of WoW theorycrafting