Page 35 of 49 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    If they bring it back in the state it was in, Didn't think I needed to be 100% clear on that.

When they come back if its cosmetic shit then I don't care, If its P2W bullshit then I will care. They said in the same post they will be making changes, Ill see what those changes are.
    There wont be any change. They will make it 100% worse to get as much money back as posible as soon as the outrage ends.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Beazy View Post
    I would love to see EA, Ubisoft etc etc die horrible deaths. I will shed zero tears for all the people who will lose their jobs.
    Wow thats rough. You think artists, programmers, level designers, animators, has a word to say in the crappy business decisions?
    Not a whole lot. Sure they could work for "indies", their wage and jobs stability would be WAY smaller. Which would drive not a lot of people to want to pursue that carreer.

Learn that Executives/Corporate decision is not the same as the ground people doing the work.
    Same as a McDonald employe is doing the shitty burger you ordered, not his fault if the ingredients sucks. (Except if he spit on it of course )

Quote Originally Posted by Saluna View Post
    Wow thats rough. You think artists, programmers, level designers, animators, has a word to say in the crappy business decisions?
    Not a whole lot. Sure they could work for "indies", their wage and jobs stability would be WAY smaller. Which would drive not a lot of people to want to pursue that carreer.

Learn that Executives/Corporate decision is not the same as the ground people doing the work.
    Same as a McDonald employe is doing the shitty burger you ordered, not his fault if the ingredients sucks. (Except if he spit on it of course )
    They're still following orders. As guilty for your misery as the suits above them.

Something something... construction workers on the death star.

Quote Originally Posted by Vertigo X View Post
    Something something... construction workers on the death star.
    Empire had pretty bad PR department to publicly call their battle station the Death Star.

Orb of Order would have been much more easily marketable to the general public.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    They're still following orders. As guilty for your misery as the suits above them.
    By your arguments, any person working for a corporation/business (which goal is to make money) is thus guilty of being greedy. I dunno what you do in life, but you are aware that any person working for a corporation (according to your points) are thus "bad" people.

That doesn't give a lot of possible work areas in a Capitalist world.

Empire had pretty bad PR department to publicly call their battle station the Death Star.

Orb of Order would have been much more easily marketable to the general public.
    That I can get behind and agree on

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes and No. They are working for a shit company by choice. If EA purchased the company I worked for, I would be debating if I should leave a two weeks notice, or just walk out.

By your arguments, any person working for a corporation/business (which goal is to make money) is thus guilty of being greedy. I dunno what you do in life, but you are aware that any person working for a corporation (according to your points) are thus "bad" people.

That doesn't give a lot of possible work areas in a Capitalist world.
    All corporations are evil to some degree and by working for them in any form you enable them to be evil.

But that's just capitalist world. We don't have much choice.

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    technically they dont have to since its turned out this analyst works for EA and is a major shareholder in it. Aint that some shit?
    Sauce for any of that? Capital Markets doesn't seem to have any direct ties to EA, and from the investor PoV he's still fucking right. Games are ludicrously cheap for the entertainment value many hold, and you can bet your ass that investors are jumping at the chance to further monetize gamers in any way possible.

Only to be brought back after the outrage has been outdated.
    How do you know this? They clearly stated that they heared the critique and that they wanted to rework the system.
    Why would they go back to this? What would they have to gain from that?

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Sauce for any of that? Capital Markets doesn't seem to have any direct ties to EA, and from the investor PoV he's still fucking right. Games are ludicrously cheap for the entertainment value many hold, and you can bet your ass that investors are jumping at the chance to further monetize gamers in any way possible.

Folks did some digging and he is a massive shill for Electronic Arts and Comcast and keeps pushing these narratives his employers tell him to push. This is far from his first time.

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    How do you know this? They clearly stated that they heared the critique and that they wanted to rework the system.
    Money.

Lot's and lot's of money.

That's all what EA cares about.

Launch window sales from people like yourself and later they milk the whales after the next movie comes out. Never experienced a double dipping publisher before?

10+ Year Old Account

I find it weird that prices are still so high. Sellers are even trying to put them in copys with conzoles and there are still negative rewievs.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Money.

Lot's and lot's of money.

That's all what EA cares about.
    Of course. It's a business. But you usually make more money with happy and loyal customers.
    EA has very little to gain from selling you subpar products.

Battlefield 4, as an example was released in a rather poor state but after listening and working with players the game was made into something really great.

EA is not out to get you, I can promise you that.

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post

Folks did some digging and he is a massive shill for Electronic Arts and Comcast and keeps pushing these narratives his employers tell him to push. This is far from his first time.
    Again, that's his job as an analyst. He's looking out for his investors, who are in turn looking to turn a profit, they don't give a fuck about the same shit consumers do.

The righteous indignation that market analysts would side with companies over players when it comes to revenue is silly, of course they're going to. They'd be terrible analysts if they weren't advocating for this shit. As far as I can tell all that page indicates are the analysts that cover EA.

Stop being so reactionary and "freaking out" over normal, trivial shit.

Of course. It's a business. But you usually make more money with happy and loyal customers.
    EA has very little to gain from selling you subpar products.

Battlefield 4, as an example was released in a rather poor state but after listening and working with players the game was made into something really great.

EA is not out to get you, I can promise you that.
    Doesn't matter if the product is subpar if they have monopoly like with Star Wars and NFL.

Doesn't matter if the product is subpar if they have monopoly like with Star Wars and NFL.
    "Monopoly", no they have the exclusive license. That's frequently how licensing works for major brands, they can get an exclusive partner who will consistently use the property to make a ton of money. The other end being Warhammer, which Games Workshop licenses to pretty much anyone, apparently.

It's the nature of licensing agreements and it won't change, unless you want to advocate that companies not have actual control over their properties.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    "Monopoly", no they have the exclusive license. That's frequently how licensing works for major brands, they can get an exclusive partner who will consistently use the property to make a ton of money. The other end being Warhammer, which Games Workshop licenses to pretty much anyone, apparently.

It's the nature of licensing agreements and it won't change, unless you want to advocate that companies not have actual control over their properties.
    The end result is the same.

EA is the only company that can showel us with Star Wars games. Star Wars is huge brand that will sell by just slapping that logo on a box. They can do almost whatever crap they want and it will sell.