Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Allied racial mounts?

Do you think there will be some?
    If so, what would you like to see? What would make sense?

Let's speculate

There basically already is a Lightforged Elekk in the game for the LF Draenei, and a Manasaber for the Nightborne. The most logical would be to use derivatives of those for those two races.

Highmountain Tauren can get a Moose, its being shown as their mount all through Highmountain.

Dark Iron can probably get some iron-themed Rams, perhaps with some additional armor.

For the Void Elves and Zandalari .. Zandalari obviously would get some kind of dino. Void Elves, they don't really have a culture to draw from, so either a void-themed version of existing elf mounts (perhaps a cat or a strider), or they could go full in on this and design some void-themed crazyness.

Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    There basically already is a Lightforged Elekk in the game for the LF Draenei, and a Manasaber for the Nightborne. The most logical would be to use derivatives of those for those two races.

Highmountain Tauren can get a Moose, its being shown as their mount all through Highmountain.

Dark Iron can probably get some iron-themed Rams, perhaps with some additional armor.

For the Void Elves and Zandalari .. Zandalari obviously would get some kind of dino. Void Elves, they don't really have a culture to draw from, so either a void-themed version of existing elf mounts (perhaps a cat or a strider), or they could go full in on this and design some void-themed crazyness.
    Void touched chocobo!

Kosumoth mount look a like but that floats above ground

10+ Year Old Account
    Hmm...

Lightforged Draenei: Panthora or a marsuul.
    Void Elves: Void version of the one that the Lightforged draenei wouldn't have (those mounts would be freed from the void ethereal, after being void-ified by them).
    Dark Iron Dwarves: Armored boar.
    Zandalari trolls: Triceratops.
    Highmountain tauren: Moose.
    Nightborne: Nothing, just hovering on an illusionary mount. Okay, okay, okay. In all seriousness, a manasaber.

I admit the Void elf one being a longshot, but I honestly have no idea what would directly fit them.

Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    Void Elves, they don't really have a culture to draw from, so either a void-themed version of existing elf mounts (perhaps a cat or a strider), or they could go full in on this and design some void-themed crazyness.
    They're blood elves...they have hawkstriders front and center when it comes to mounts.

Didn't they already confirm they were getting their own mounts?

10+ Year Old Account
    Wasnt Zandalari getting raptors? Would be nice to get some HD raptors that aint PvP
    Hariuha laþu laukar gakar alu ole lule laukar

Quote Originally Posted by Kronkster View Post
    Wasnt Zandalari getting raptors? Would be nice to get some HD raptors that aint PvP
    Yeah, from leaked data it seems Zandalari will have raptors for racial mounts, 3 variants, + one with tag "Gold" so it made me believe it will be paladin mount.
    I miss Mists of Pandaria

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramz View Post
    Yeah, from leaked data it seems Zandalari will have raptors for racial mounts, 3 variants, + one with tag "Gold" so it made me believe it will be paladin mount.
    That'd make me sooo happy
    Hariuha laþu laukar gakar alu ole lule laukar

7+ Year Old Account
    What leaked data?

And I would love to see Zandalari getting those huge brontosauraus-like dinosaurs we saw in the features overview video!

Quote Originally Posted by SHUMEGGAH View Post
    What leaked data?

And I would love to see Zandalari getting those huge brontosauraus-like dinosaurs we saw in the features overview video!
    It was on WoWHead page regarding allied races.
    I miss Mists of Pandaria

5+ Year Old Account
    Void Elves?

Void-Marsuul. Use the fox animations with the flappy Feasel model.
    When you are accustomed to privilege, equality feels like injustice.

Troll paladin sounds like absolutely awful idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiri View Post
    Void touched chocobo!
    We already have that, it's called Voidtalon of the Dark Star.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Yonteh View Post
    The Zandalari have paladins, they are knows as Prelates and were in both ToT and in IoT

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Quote Originally Posted by Yonteh View Post
    But Zandalari Praletes are a thing, they make up a military unit, and they harness power of Loa, not the Light. Zandalari live in temple complex, and they're heavy priest/scholar society. If paladin class would fit a troll then only this tribe has all the criteria and actual support in game representation :

http://www.wowhead.com/npc=69927/zan...late#abilities
    I miss Mists of Pandaria

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    It seems unlikely most of them already have mounts from legion rep, but mabye we’ll get mounts for the ones who don’t.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh Jesus don’t get my hopes up.

Quote Originally Posted by Serenais View Post
    Hmm...

Lightforged Draenei: Panthora or a marsuul.
    Void Elves: Void version of the one that the Lightforged draenei wouldn't have (those mounts would be freed from the void ethereal, after being void-ified by them).
    Dark Iron Dwarves: Armored boar.
    Zandalari trolls: Triceratops.
    Highmountain tauren: Moose.
    Nightborne: Nothing, just hovering on an illusionary mount. Okay, okay, okay. In all seriousness, a manasaber.

I admit the Void elf one being a longshot, but I honestly have no idea what would directly fit them.
    /has WoD flashback....

NO MORE BOARS

- - - Updated - - -

But Zandalari Praletes are a thing, they make up a military unit, and they harness power of Loa, not the Light. Zandalari live in temple complex, and they're heavy priest/scholar society. If paladin class would fit a troll then only this tribe has all the criteria and actual support in game representation :

http://www.wowhead.com/npc=69927/zan...late#abilities
    If they do this before they give night elf paladin, the rage on the forums will be something to behold.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruargh
    I'm baffled that something this simple can be so hard for some people... I guess we can't blame blizzard for dumbing down the game any longer, because apparently it very much needed :

Quote Originally Posted by alt-ithist View Post
    If they do this before they give night elf paladin, the rage on the forums will be something to behold.
    I don't recall any paladin-like military unit among night elves. Just one NPC in Class Hall. So Zandalari has a number or those prelates and the name of order + specific spells renamed to fit their lore VS 1 unique NPC.

If the night elves will get more characters that are using paladin way of fighting and got lore around it, then np. But for far I don't really see that big support in game for that.
    I miss Mists of Pandaria