Page 15 of 28 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    This forum needs a mandatory tag system every poster needs to have displayed that shows their main's faction and race, so personal biases are out in the open.

Do like how they left WC3's lore so morally grey. I miss that. I miss characters like Garithos who's actions divide factions opinions. He was too good a character for us. We didn't deserve him.

Quote Originally Posted by LaserChild9 View Post
    After he had committed several war-crimes including desecrating the Vale of Eternal Blossoms, home of the Pandaren who had given the Horde a base in their most sacred place. I'm not saying that the rest of the horde was responsible for this, but let's not pretend that they rebelled as soon as he started doing bad stuff coz it took a lot.
    The rebellion started with Garrosh's attempted assassination of Vol'jin and didn't go into full force until 5.3 before Garrosh nuked the Vale of Eternal Blossoms.

Quote Originally Posted by Humbugged View Post
    This forum needs a mandatory tag system every poster needs to have displayed that shows their main's faction and race, so personal biases are out in the open.

Do like how they left WC3's lore so morally grey. I miss that. I miss characters like Garithos who's actions divide factions opinions. He was too good a character for us. We didn't deserve him.
    An elf and empowered by the void at that?! Inhuman beast!

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by LaserChild9 View Post
    Uhh... No? Artha's was never King (well, not until he took the frozen throne) so the people in general never followed his orders
    Yes, Arthas wasn't the King yet. Still, the majority of his subjects followed him when he started to act like one as he gave the order of purging Stratholme while disbanding the goddamn Silver Hand at the very same time. And of course, they once again followed him when he wanted to sail to Northrend even though Terenas gave no such order himself.

Source? I'm pretty sure that as far as Jaina is concerned what Garrosh did at Theramore was pretty unjustified.
    I wonder if you read my quote correctly. What Garrosh "did to Theramore" personally was mana-bombing it. That's what led Jaina to her current hate-driven stance. Regarding the "mere assault against Theramore" (I worded the sentence that way for a reason) Jaina was far from being horrified or offended. In the Tides of War novel Jaina herself calls Theramore an "Alliance martial city", aka she basically admits Theramore is a military target. She condemns Garrosh's goal of continental domination but does not blame the Horde for marching against Northwatch and Theramore, she just has to deal with the attacks by the right of defending her domains from Horde aggression as Alliance member. Her stance becomes even more understanding when Baine himself sends a longrunner to warn Jaina of the impending attack, voicing his disagreement with Garrosh's willingness to escalate the war.

Then the mana bomb was dropped and right after that Jaina wanted to fucking destroy Orgrimmar with all the orphans in it. No need of much thought to see what the actual trigger has been.

Well the Blood elves did kinda go on to convince the Sunreavers to betray the Kirin'Tor and use their resources to invade Darnassus.
    The Sunreaver's involvement was minimal at best, the vast majority had no idea what the heck was going on. Jaina's personal biases turned an entire group of people into a target, ignoring both necessary investigations and whatever the Council had to say about it, pretty much acting like the Queen of Dalaran.

I admit though that she is blaming a big chunk of the horde for something they had no say in or control over (though the individual leaders for the factions could have done more).
    I disagree about the leaders' capability of doing more but I'll go along with it for argument's sake. The main point though is that Jaina's opinions changed drastically based on her personal tragedy alone. To put it another way, most of her reactions are entirely emotionally-driven and hardly rational.

That's something I do that by myself already, just a quick check of avatar and signature. But anyway, most of the usual residents' stance is at least known to each other, whether they're willing to admit it or not.

Garithos was a blatant dick. Regardless of people's personal opinions, the story basically thrown that at your face.
    Last edited by Zulkhan; 2017-09-22 at 12:45 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    Yes, Arthas wasn't the King yet. Still, the majority of his subjects followed him when he started to act like one as he gave the order of purging Stratholme while disbanding the goddamn Silver Hand at the very same time. And of course, they once again followed him when he wanted to sail to Northrend even though Terenas gave no such order himself.

I wonder if you read my quote correctly. What Garrosh "did to Theramore" personally was mana-bombing it. That's what led Jaina to her current hate-driven stance. Regarding the "mere assault against Theramore" (I worded the sentence that way for a reason) Jaina was far from being horrified or offended. In the Tides of War novel Jaina herself calls Theramore an "Alliance martial city", aka she basically admits Theramore is a military target. She condemns Garrosh's goal of continental domination but does not blame the Horde for marching against Northwatch and Theramore, she just has to deal with the attacks by the right of defending her domains from Horde aggression as Alliance member. Her stance becomes even more understanding when Baine himself sends a longrunner to warn Jaina of the impending attack, voicing his disagreement with Garrosh's willingness to escalate the war.

Then the mana bomb was dropped and right after that Jaina wanted to fucking destroy Orgrimmar with all the orphans in it. No need of much thought to see what the actual trigger has been.

The Sunreaver's involvement was minimal at best, the vast majority had no idea what the heck was going on. Jaina's personal biases turned an entire group of people into a target, ignoring both necessary investigations and whatever the Council had to say about it, pretty much acting like the Queen of Dalaran.

I disagree about the leaders' capability of doing more but I'll go along with it for argument's sake. The main point though is that Jaina's opinions changed drastically based on her personal tragedy alone. To put it another way, most of her reactions are entirely emotionally-driven and hardly rational.

That's something I do that by myself already, just a quick check of avatar and signature. But anyway, most of the usual residents' stance is at least known to each other, whether they're willing to admit it or not.

Garithos was a blatant dick. Regardless of people's personal opinions, the story basically thrown that at your face.
    Ah so you too are a troll player. How does it feel being into WoW's lore yet simultaneously having Blizzard use the printed pieces of paper titled "plans for troll lore" used as toilet paper?

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Ah so you too are a troll player. How does it feel being into WoW's lore yet simultaneously having Blizzard use the printed pieces of paper titled "plans for troll lore" used as toilet paper?
    I do not feel anything in particular. I'm a patient man.
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.

Quote Originally Posted by Shampro View Post
    Moot point, that statue was dedicted to her by none other than guess who? You got it, Sylvanas, who is now leading the Horde. Things have changed. Her people is all she cared about, hurting feelings isn't something Blizzard cares about much recently honestly.
    tbh their reunion should be hillarius - "hey sis guess what im undead now " "hey sis im a void lord now" and 3rd "ffs why im the only one normal left blizard do some wierd shit to me too in 8.0"

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    As a non-troll player it gives me mixture of feeling moist and underwhelmed at the same time.

- - - Updated - - -

"We are patient" - Homilies of Holy Go'el 15.64

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    "We are patient" - Homilies of Holy Go'el 15.64
    Green Jesus knows the way. Then again, he was nothing but an humble and pathetic man before he met The Master.

If the old God expansion coming up has nothing about Trolls ima flip. What other race even has such a connection to the OGs

The problem is blizzard did a ton of troll lore and much of it was very interesting, the problem is that this lore involved beating the living shit out of them, we know far more about the other troll tribes than the darkspear.

Well considering new audio novel i am 80% sure she will be neutral. It's only Arathor and Turalyon that matter to her now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jorah View Post
    Well considering new audio novel i am 80% sure she will be neutral. It's only Arathor and Turalyon that matter to her now.
    The neutrality is even more reinforced by the fact that is often noticed how much she still care about Quel'Thalas, her people and Sylvanas while also caring about Turalyon, Arator and obviously Vereesa. Choosing a side is utterly unconvenient for her.

Quote Originally Posted by Shampro View Post
    Moot point, that statue was dedicted to her by none other than guess who? You got it, Sylvanas, who is now leading the Horde. Things have changed. Her people is all she cared about, hurting feelings isn't something Blizzard cares about much recently honestly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    That is the thing though she never considered herself an integral part of the Alliance, the main reason she joined up was to defend her homeland and that's about it.
    The talk with Vereesa means very little. Vereesa barely shared any valuable information about what happened on Azeroth by the times of the Second War. The sentiment voiced by Alleria is the one of a character still frozen in her time bubble. Rather unbelievable for her stance to remain stuck on that time bubble once she gets a proper recap of all the important events concerning her people. And the "slap" would be perceived as such only because of misplaced expectations, frozen in time just as Alleria's perspective.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    The statue of a hero of the Alliance of Lordaeron which was made by Sylvanas.
    How much does it hurt that a "Horde fanboy" has to teach you what is written on your own statues?
    Ahem.

Told you so.

Quote Originally Posted by Mayto View Post
    Ahem.

Told you so.
    That is the thing though she never considered herself an integral part of the Alliance, the main reason she joined up was to defend her homeland and that's about it.
    This is still established lore.

In the Blizzcon demo she chooses the Alliance when Silvermoon does not change sides.

From what we know, she tried to persuade the Blood Elves to return to the Alliance and when they refused, she went for the exiles who later became Void Elves.

That statement alone shows that her stance remains hostile at the very least.

10+ Year Old Account
    To be fair, she still leads "her" people. Even if they are just couple crackheads with twitching hands looking for their fix.

Quote Originally Posted by Mayto View Post
    In the Blizzcon demo she chooses the Alliance when Silvermoon does not change sides.
    It just means she hates the horde, well basically the orcs, not her people. She tries to get them out of the horde. She will not try to sack the kingdom, but rather get it out of the horde one way or another.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    To be fair, she still leads "her" people. Even if they are just couple crackheads with twitching hands looking for their fix.
    I am really interested to see what Lor'themar tells her in the end.

10+ Year Old Account

I am really interested to see what Lor'themar tells her in the end.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BXUhfoUJjuQ

Rommath and hauldron join in.