Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jibjub View Post

Oh. Also. Forcing your (wrong) vegan beliefs onto young babies and children is terrible. Which is another good indicator that your diet probably isn't great. If it can cause young babies and pregnant women to have serious issues ... maybe it's time to rethink your ideas on veganism????
    Not to mention feeding your pets (especially cats) vegan pet food.

I don't think so. We are omnivores, we are supposed to eat balanced food. While being pure vegan can work, it is... work? You more than likely will need to take supplements anyway, and have to spend additional time and care for getting and preparing food, which could be used for something else instead.
    And if you do that to a child, you should be punished for it by law. Same goes to the absolute retards trying to feed their cats only plant foods then wondering why they get sick.

Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    Your medical bill WILL be MUCH higher.
    Only if I allow a doctor to treat me, which I won't. Pain medicine? Sure. That doesn't cost much though.
    Last edited by Total Crica; 2017-11-21 at 07:20 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Healthy for the Earth, and can be healthy for the body. Only if you're well off though.

I don't know how healthy it is, but it is healthier for sure than eating meat too, and it also contributes a lot to really nature-friendly lifestyle.

In the end they die just like the rest of us.

Fuck it. Eat a burger.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tota View Post
    Only if I allow a doctor to treat me, which I won't. Pain medicine? Sure. That doesn't cost much though.
    Sure, funeral bill will be much lower, no need for pain medicine and it's not you who's gonna pay it!
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I doubt so. You cannot replace all vitamins and therefore it is not entirely healthy.

Eating everything is the only healthy option when you are an omnivore animal.

Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    Sure, funeral bill will be much lower, no need for pain medicine and it's not you who's gonna pay it!
    Who is going to pay it then? You? LOL! Want a link to donate it to me? You so silly. My husband pays for what I want, thanks for the offer though.

And of course there is a need for pain medicine when people are in pain. What are you, a sadist?

Quote Originally Posted by Rurin View Post
    Yeast isn't an animal any more than mushrooms or trees are
    Yeah, I know! And in fact there is evidence that trees talk to each other and have a communal society. Look it up.

If it isn't another human, I'll eat it. Or at least taste it. Unless my fellow humans have identified it as poisonous or toxic, in which case I'll defer to their wisdom.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jibjub View Post
    If red meat makes you feel terrible, sure avoid it. But not eating eggs and fish is just crazy.
    Yes, exactly. My father, for example, is getting old, and can't properly digest beef. So, he doesn't eat it. My aunt can't properly digest dairy, so she doesn't eat it. That's perfectly fine.

I only have a problem with people who put arbitrary restrictions on their diets.

Eggs, done correctly, are one of the best proteins you can have. I get them from responsible farmers because of my contacts in the food business, so I can't advocate it for everyone.

Fish, also. However, sustainable fishing is something we must consider. Squid is one of the best options for cheap and sustainable seafood.

....I Could go on with this all day.

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

I have thought about veganism but my big concern is sufficient protein. I run and weight train several times a week. I'm lactose intolerant (not really an issue with veganism) and I also can't tolerate soy in large amounts. Not sure about wheat gluten (what seitan is made out of). My doctor thinks I should try a gluten-free diet because of some ongoing fatigue issues, but everyone here acts like going gluten free cures everything from acne to cancer so I'm skeptical that cutting it out will do anything. I don't eat a lot of foods with gluten to begin with.

There are some vegan protein powders that might be OK, but most of them are pea-based and taste kindof gross.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think it's like any diet, healthy when well rounded and done properly.
    S (moderator)
    P (WoW Gen, Pets/Mog/Ach, Fun/Chat Zone)
    L (guidelines*)
    E (WoW gen rules*)
    N (my art*)
    D (Pikachu BEST Pokemon)
    A (Sensational™)

Quote Originally Posted by 0123456789 View Post
    Missed this earlier. I am by no means an expert, but from what I've gathered seitan has a very high protein ratio but that's about it. You're much better off eating things with a lower protein ratio but a higher protein quality, so foods which are or are close to complete proteins. For me seitan is like vegan junkfood.
    Yea, Seitan is 75% protein is insane. I don't get what you mean by protein quality however, do you mean it doesn't have all of the essential amino acids? If so that's true for every plant-based protein source, you absolutely need to vary your protein sources regardless. Other than that, amino acids are amino acids, there arent "high quality" amino acids, you need all the essential ones that your body cannot produce and enough amino acids overall to produce your own.

Calling is junk food though, i can't say I agree. I don't think anyone has ever refered to high protein meals as junk food... That said if all you eat in a meal is a load of seitan, you're doing it wrong, just like someone eating only meat is, you gotta eat your veggies, and more importantly, vary your food as much as you can.

No. It's a great way to get nutritional deficiencies and give your unborn children neurological disorders, though

Deleted
    Last edited by mmoc66337a3447; 2018-09-17 at 12:38 PM.

It isn't healthier/unhealthier than any other diet. Vegan is a rather broad concept. Perhaps it is slightly more complicated to live a healthy vegan life than a "normal" life.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Who is going to pay it then? You? LOL! Want a link to donate it to me? You so silly. My husband pays for what I want, thanks for the offer though.
    Not you, that's who, because it's your funeral.
    And of course there is a need for pain medicine when people are in pain. What are you, a sadist?
    Fat people are in pain because they are fat, unless it's a trauma. Though even traumas can be caused by being fat.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    I have thought about veganism but my big concern is sufficient protein. I run and weight train several times a week. I'm lactose intolerant (not really an issue with veganism) and I also can't tolerate soy in large amounts. Not sure about wheat gluten (what seitan is made out of). My doctor thinks I should try a gluten-free diet because of some ongoing fatigue issues, but everyone here acts like going gluten free cures everything from acne to cancer so I'm skeptical that cutting it out will do anything. I don't eat a lot of foods with gluten to begin with.

There are some vegan protein powders that might be OK, but most of them are pea-based and taste kindof gross.
    Gluten-free typically isn't necessary unless you're celiac or have a measurable wheat sensitivity. Refined grains like white flour usually aren't health promoting, so maybe the benefits people see are due to eliminating those foods from their diet.

You can get sufficient protein from whole plant foods like beans and legumes. I don't want to assume gender, but there are several vegan athletes you can look up depending on your goals. Rich Roll is a popular one who does Ironman competitions.
    "We must now recognize that the greatest threat of freedom for us all is if we go back to eating ourselves out from within." - John Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    Recall them needing supplements if they don't eat proper... so generally speaking, can't imagine it is.
    Anyone who doesn't eat properly will end up needing supplements.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    Humans seem more to be able to adapt to environments rather than choosing a diet based on whatever development but here’s a pretty good breakdown on teeth.

You either trolling or you are tremendously under educated....So a sabertooth was more carnivorous than a mountain lion because of larger canines?

"The simple answer is humans are omnivores - physiologically - as we have the capability to digest both plant and animal matter. Many humans are behavioural omnivores as well, consuming both as part of their diet, although many people can and do live while consuming only plant products.

Most if not all humans can or could digest animal products in some form - a brief search doesn't bring up any counterexamples of people who cannot physiologically do this (in the same way that many people cannot digest milk well in adulthood as they are lactose intolerant). Even if some people do not have this capability, they would be exceptional and broadly speaking you could describe humans as omnivorous, at least physiologically."