Page 56 of 97 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Whelp. Trump would rather have Roy Moore in office than a Democrat.
    http://www.cnn.com/2017/11/21/politi...ama/index.html

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017...bama-race.html

*Edited bc of course Trump left it open on whether or not he officially campaign for and support Roy Moore
    Last edited by Therec; 2017-11-21 at 09:38 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    If the DNC doesn't fight this shit then I think 2018 and 2020 are lost. Even if Moore wins the DNC needs to make Alabama and the country know exactly who Moore is the people who campaigned for him.

Otherwise the DNC comes off as soft and unable to defeat even the worst of candidates, completly depleting the moral of the party.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    If the DNC doesn't fight this shit then I think 2018 and 2020 are lost. Even if Moore wins the DNC needs to make Alabama and the country know exactly who Moore is the people who campaigned for him.

Otherwise the DNC comes off as soft and unable to defeat even the worst of candidates, completly depleting the moral of the party.
    DNC is actually playing it smart here, they're staying the fuck out of it. They're letting Jones do his thing without making major spends and rushing their people in, keeping it Jones vs. Moore, which they have a chance of winning, instead of DNC vs. RNC, which they have no chance at winning in Alabama.

Their play of staying out is the smart play for once.

Quote Originally Posted by Lenonis View Post
    I dunno...He's been around long enough that I don't believe he's a bot or paid troll or anything like that. He more strikes me as someone who has settled comfortably into his pro-russia, pro-GOP echo chamber and politely defends and deflects for them because that's what he actually believes. *shrug* In other words he strikes me more as hyper-partisan rather than bot/troll.
    They wouldn't have those questions if they would be around for those two 1000+ page Ukraine threads! (and MH17).

It isn't that i like GOP; it is that I don't have high opinion about morality/witch hunts. And bringing contrary opinions is a lot more fun then adding to echo chamber.
    I do agree with Democrats now and then; but that usually doesn't create discussions.

As far as allegations go i think that if they broke law - go convict them. If stature of limitations expired, evidence is weak, or it wasn't illegal back then - let them go.

Tying it to elections makes it look like it's about politics, not actual search for justice.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    DNC is actually playing it smart here, they're staying the fuck out of it. They're letting Jones do his thing without making major spends and rushing their people in, keeping it Jones vs. Moore, which they have a chance of winning, instead of DNC vs. RNC, which they have no chance at winning in Alabama.

Their play of staying out is the smart play for once.

The White House has already made it RNC vs DNC in a red state, not good. History shows thats Republicans will show up just to get Moore in for the tax vote, damn every thing else.

In Alabama they are dealing with feels before reals. Sitting back and hoping the voters 'do the right thing' is in part what led to the current political environment where were even talking about a predator like more even possible making it to the Senate. Maybe youre right, but those people know exactly who and what they are endorsing if and when they cast a ballot for Moore.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

eh, why not he can basically do and say anything at this point and he will still win along with getting Trump's endorsement.

Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    eh, why not he can basically do and say anything at this point and he will still win along with getting Trump's endorsement.
    "Endorsement", because the White House is leaving enough room to deny any outright claims of endorsement, but are absolutely endorsing him.

Because that's the kind of strong, bold leadership that we should expect from this president and his administration.

"Endorsement", because the White House is leaving enough room to deny any outright claims of endorsement, but are absolutely endorsing him.

Because that's the kind of strong, bold leadership that we should expect from this president and his administration.
    Nope Trump blew up that play.

Trump Defends Roy Moore, Citing Candidate’s Denial of Sexual Misconduct

Now the only question is if he is going to attend a rally with him, the line is clearly crossed Trump is now defending a pedophile.

5+ Year Old Account
    Nope Trump blew up that play.

Trump Defends Roy Moore, Citing Candidate’s Denial of Sexual Misconduct

Now the only question is if he is going to attend a rally with him, the line is clearly crossed Trump is now defending a pedophile.
    Birds of a feather flock together.

Well no, I don't exactly think that's quite right. Trump is dodging, for sure, because if he endorses Moore he looks really bad, and if he condemns Moore that looks bad also since he has his own accusations he doesn't want to talk about. So he's making the strategic play of dodging by saying, "Let the voters decide." This is the same strategy employed by Bernie Sanders regarding Franken, albeit for much different reasons. When you're stuck between two bad answers, just dodge the question.

Quote Originally Posted by Dacien View Post
    Well no, I don't exactly think that's quite right. Trump is dodging, for sure, because if he endorses Moore he looks really bad, and if he condemns Moore that looks bad also since he has his own accusations he doesn't want to talk about. So he's making the strategic play of dodging by saying, "Let the voters decide." This is the same strategy employed by Bernie Sanders regarding Franken, albeit for much different reasons. When you're stuck between two bad answers, just dodge the question.

Nope dodging is done, Trump fully backs the pedophile and doesn't believe the women.

President Trump broke with leading Republicans on Tuesday and voiced support for Roy S. Moore, the Republican Senate candidate in Alabama who has been accused of sexual misconduct with teenagers and has seen his campaign’s prospects imperiled.

In his first extensive remarks on the accusations that date back decades, the president cited the vigorous denials by Mr. Moore, who is facing off in a high-stakes special election against Doug Jones, the Democratic candidate.
    “He totally denies it,” Mr. Trump said of Mr. Moore, who has been accused of molesting a 14-year-old girl and sexually assaulting another teenager.

Mr. Trump also said he was “very happy” that women in the United States are now coming forward with accusations of sexual misconduct against lawmakers and media figures, many of them Democrats.

Asked by a reporter about whether electing “a child molester” was better than electing a Democrat in the Alabama race, Mr. Trump responded by insisting that Mr. Moore denies the charges against him.

“He says it didn’t happen,” the president — who himself has been accused of, and denied, a history of sexual impropriety — told reporters at the White House. “You have to listen to him, also.

I don't think that's tantamount to endorsement. It sounds like Trump wants to endorse Moore, but can't.

I don't think that's tantamount to endorsement. It sounds like Trump wants to endorse Moore, but can't.
    Not a full blown endorsement but he is defending Roy Moore that's pretty much giving his support.

Not a full blown endorsement but he is defending Roy Moore that's pretty much giving his support.
    I will be completely honest, it's hard to keep up with the news cycle, and that report is news to me. It does very much seem like he's skirting around the very edges of endorsement. He's absolutely defended Moore there, including going after Doug Jones.

Yes, the cowards path.

There is no good path for Trump, but that's kinda his own fault and the fault of his party.

Though really, we're in a position where a sitting president is having issues unequivocally condemning both Nazi's and apparent pedophiles. So 2017 is going pretty well so far, I guess.

There is no good path for Trump
    Sure there is, he could condemn Moore. Hell, he can even do it without being inconsistent, since he supported Strange in the primary. He can't even claim that he's supporting him out of support for the Republican Party, because even the Republican Party is condemning Moore.
    Last edited by DarkTZeratul; 2017-11-22 at 04:07 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    History shows thats Republicans will show up just to get Moore in for the tax vote
    Actually, with the election being the 12th, districts having some grace period reporting in, Xmas giving people days off, etc. the winner won't be official till the 26th or so. Strange will cast the tax cut for the rich vote.

Quote Originally Posted by Therec View Post
    Whelp. Trump would rather have Roy Moore in office than a Democrat.
    http://www.cnn.com/2017/11/21/politi...ama/index.html

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017...bama-race.html

*Edited bc of course Trump left it open on whether or not he officially campaign for and support Roy Moore
    We can't have a Democrat, he'll be soft on crime, unlike Roy Moore the child molester.

- - - Updated - - -

I guess after 40 years of being a well-known child molester in your area and facing zero consequences for it, you don't develop much of a filter.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Dating young adults. 16+ is age when people can marry in Russia.

Anything below that can be questionable. 16 dating much older guys isn't necessarily encouraged, but it isn't crime.
    I know Russian propaganda trolls think Trump and all of his fellow cult of Trump politicians are Russian, but that still hasn't been proven in a court of law yet. We are still waiting on the results of Muellers investigation. Besides, even if they were Russian, they are living on US soil, and thus must follow US law. It is very illegal for someone in their 30's to solicit someone under 18 for sex, especially if they are under 16
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"