Page 1 of 38
... LastLast

FCC to vote on scrapping Net Neutrality

Couldn't find a thread yet, so I figured it deserved some attention.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-u...-idUSKBN1DL21A

I don't think it needs a summary pasted, it's pretty much a planned vote between 3 Republican and 2 Democratic commissioners to scrap the 2015 Net Neutrality regulations.

My opinion is amongst the overwhelming majority against this move. Removing net neutrality that ensures equal Internet access does nothing for the consumers.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

I can't wait until my choice for ISP is getting fucked over by Comcast or getting fucked over by ATT.

10+ Year Old Account
    Long time ramifications if they scrap Net Neutrality is gonna be disastrous.
    "when i'm around you i'm like a level 5 metapod. all i can do is harden!"

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    The people who cry for censorship aren't going to be buying the game anyway. Censoring it, is going to piss off the people who were going to buy it.
    Barret: It's a good thing we had those Phoenix Downs.
    Cloud: You have the downs!

You Trumpkins don't know how hard you are going to get effed.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

Quote Originally Posted by Shon237 View Post
    I recall taking a peek at D_T some time ago about the net neutrality issue. Surprisingly, that's a divided opinion in such an echo chamber.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kail View Post

I don't think it needs a summary pasted, it's pretty much a planned vote between 3 Republican and 2 Democratic commissioners to scrap the 2015 Net Neutrality regulations.

My opinion is amongst the overwhelming majority against this move. Removing net neutrality that ensures equal Internet access does nothing for the consumers.
    The comments on the FCC are overwhelmingly in support of NN. Ajit Pai is just ignoring them (legal violation but he's an R so no one cares.) I want to smash his fucking mug so hard.

What a punchable shitstain.
    Putin khuliyo

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kail View Post

Horrible for now - 22 million comments, majority against this move by FCC. We'll get the Dems back in and they will fix all this shit (as per the usual cycle). Gotta love the GOP and their literal mandate to fuck their voters over - along with everyone else.

Has the GOP passed anything helpful in the past decade?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    Horrible for now - 22 million comments, majority against this move by FCC. We'll get the Dems back in and they will fix all this shit (as per the usual cycle). Gotta love the GOP and their literal mandate to fuck their voters over - along with everyone else.

Has the GOP passed anything helpful in the past decade?
    I wrote to all my senators and congressmen (except for the house rep who's in the other district, I can't vote for her, but she's pro NN, so that's good.) I even voted for the useless Republican Bruce Poliquin who'll just do whatever his donors dictate. At least Collins, we might have a chance convincing. But Poliquin . . . ugh.

Both of them voted to re-elect Ajit Pai so, maybe there isn't even hope for Collins.

However, my other senator, Angus King, is an independent and he's pro NN. Asked him to start a bill to legislate NN into law. And to remove Ajit Pai. If enough of us do this, maybe we can get the Congress to write some goddamn laws so we can stop fighting this fight.

Or maybe I just wasted my time.
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    I can't wait until my choice for ISP is getting fucked over by Comcast or getting fucked over by ATT.
    That already is the only options in a lot of places.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shon237 View Post
    If you recall, several of the Trumpkins on this very forum think net neutrality means people are able to stay anonymous and untrackable from the government. Lulz.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Butter Emails View Post
    If you recall, several of the Trumpkins on this very forum think net neutrality means people are able to stay anonymous and untrackable from the government. Lulz.
    Or they think that net neutrality is somehow censorship against right wing media.

True story, I think it was Hammerfist or whatever our resident flat-earther is called.
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account

That is how things will work without NN.
    "when i'm around you i'm like a level 5 metapod. all i can do is harden!"

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    The people who cry for censorship aren't going to be buying the game anyway. Censoring it, is going to piss off the people who were going to buy it.
    Barret: It's a good thing we had those Phoenix Downs.
    Cloud: You have the downs!

15+ Year Old Account
    And yeah, net neutrality itself is wildly popular among both parties, and enjoys bipartisan support from the public.

Welcome to the party of Trump. You want democracy? Oh, that. We shit all over it, threw it out the window, and are now doing things the public does not want because Trump.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Butter Emails View Post
    And yeah, net neutrality itself is wildly popular among both parties, and enjoys bipartisan support from the public.

Welcome to the party of Trump. You want democracy? Oh, that. We shit all over it, threw it out the window, and are now doing things the public does not want because Trump.
    Considering how the current executive runs things, I wouldn't be surprised if they went ahead and did it specifically because it would antagonize so many Americans.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Or they think that net neutrality is somehow censorship against right wing media.

True story, I think it was Hammerfist or whatever our resident flat-earther is called.
    Yeah, some of them think it means that you can't "search for" right wing sites and that all of the sites that show up when you do a google search (You know, all of the sites containing facts) are caused by net neutrality, and that if it was gone there'd suddenly be right wing sites everywhere (you know, the ones that push fantasy as fact).

They have various wrong conspiracies. Then a lot of them just simply believe the lies the cable companies tell them, that it will create "fast lanes" when the fact is internet companies already have fast lane service.

7+ Year Old Account
    What's good for corporations is good for America. If you aren't for corporations you're anti-American and should get the fuck out(if you're currently in America).

In case it wasn't immediately apparent, the above is fucking sarcasm.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasierith View Post
    Considering how the current executive runs things, I wouldn't be surprised if they went ahead and did it specifically because it would antagonize so many Americans.
    I wouldn't be surprised, since a lot of the motivation of the fans of CEOs and Trump politicians is "We want to see libruhl tears lolz! We don't care if we get fucked in the process."

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    That already is the only options in a lot of places.
    I should have said getting fucked over more by either since those are my only options and they do already fuck people over.

When ISPs start blocking sites like say Blizzard/WoD that don't pay them?
    Or when ISPs start charging premium to have sub 400ms pings to servers?

Then people will complain.

But then it will be too late.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

10+ Year Old Account
    I hope Ajit or whatever his name is poops himself to death and is embarrassingly found with shit smeared everywhere.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, I'd suggest writing a strongly worded -yet polite- to you Congressman/Senator, to tell them to fist-fuck the FCC and codify NN into law.