Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Cheese View Post
    I read an article the other day talking about Baltimore City schools, and how many students in the senior class are "Proficient in Math."

Not 14%, 14 students out of over 3000 in Baltimore were proficient in math. And before people jump on the "inner city" has no money, Baltimore city enjoys approximated $15k in funding per student, triple the national average.

Society is failing these kids. Not the government, or the man, or their parents, society in general that allows this kind of culture to continue.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SerialPandaSnuggler View Post
    What? Kids this young already coming into the system with violent tenancies. Nobody else to blame but the parents. If you think otherwise you're part of the "not my issue the school will handle it" problem.
    To obtain that you also need to create the environment for that to happen, parents need time to parent. This means better wages and not running multiple jobs, also actually having a job, since it has been shown kids that come from a jobless home are often unsuccessful themselves.

It's all part of multiple causes and simply saying "the parents should do better" is like staring at the forest and ignoring all the trees.

Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    To obtain that you also need to create the environment for that to happen, parents need time to parent. This means better wages and not running multiple jobs, also actually having a job, since it has been shown kids that come from a jobless home are often unsuccessful themselves.

It's all part of multiple causes and simply saying "the parents should do better" is like staring at the forest and ignoring all the trees.
    It's funny how you keep spouting all these things off when the issue seems to only affect very few. Are you trying to say that only these affected have 1 parent working multiple jobs, or no job at all? Well just so you know, that isn't the case, stop pushing the blame off on everyone and everything around these individuals, that is their problem now. They need to have their asses kicked and kicked out of school so the few that do want to learn, succeed and strive to have more than a crack pipe in their life can actually learn something instead of watching their teachers get shit kicked in the nuts! I get so sick of hearing studies on this show and studies on that show...well here is a study for you, since "time out" has replaced a good old ass whooping to children, laziness, disobedience and superiority complexes have increased 100%.

BTW, parents should do better!

No abortion is just being turned into "you are a murderer" stigma, and other fun communities events people do to shame people in using the smart option that's the best for everyone involved. On top of already things done to discourage it all ways possible and making it harder and removing funding and such.

Abstinence is a symptom of the larger problem that's outdated believes and politics. Something i cannot even understand as a conservative why you would want people to believe that nonsense, why you would to keep people dumb? And for what? some fake sense of moral superiority? Well that turned out great now didn't it!

On top of that is of course other political decisions since someone pointed out the demograph there's more than one thing that went very wrong there.

So make the sum of all that and you politics disconnected from reality leading to serious problems inside communities later on. Things don't go bad just because of magic and no skin color if that be the case is also not the reason.
    No abortion is just being turned into "you are a murderer" stigma, and other fun communities events people do to shame people in using the smart option that's the best for everyone involved. On top of already things done to discourage it all ways possible and making it harder and removing funding and such.
    No, it's not. Abortion isn't viewed in positive terms, but it isn't viewed as murder by the masses either. For the most part, from my experience, Abortion is viewed as a tragic event, but not one we should ban.

As far as funding goes, im not sure why the government should fund abortions.

Abstinence is a symptom of the larger problem that's outdated believes and politics. Something i cannot even understand as a conservative why you would want people to believe that nonsense, why you would to keep people dumb? And for what? some fake sense of moral superiority? Well that turned out great now didn't it!
    You're painting with too broad a brush. Not all conservatives are religious and not all liberals are atheists. I have yet to attend a school that focuses on Abstinence and not safe sex.

No one is saying that skin color makes someone violent. A culture that glorifies violence, criminal behavior, and absent fathers makes kids violent.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by RaoBurning View Post
    Doesn't surprise me at all. I work at a middle school in Arizona, and we have 4 staff members and a cop (resource officer, I suppose) whose jobs revolve entirely around removing disruptive or violent students from classrooms. All day, every day, every grade. And sometimes the VP and Councilors have to step in because those guys are all busy at once.
    If you don't mind me asking, which part of AZ do you live?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Cheese View Post
    Baltimore Circa 1998?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vago View Post
    It's funny how you keep spouting all these things off when the issue seems to only affect very few. Are you trying to say that only these affected have 1 parent working multiple jobs, or no job at all? Well just so you know, that isn't the case, stop pushing the blame off on everyone and everything around these individuals, that is their problem now. They need to have their asses kicked and kicked out of school so the few that do want to learn, succeed and strive to have more than a crack pipe in their life can actually learn something instead of watching their teachers get shit kicked in the nuts! I get so sick of hearing studies on this show and studies on that show...well here is a study for you, since "time out" has replaced a good old ass whooping to children, laziness, disobedience and superiority complexes have increased 100%.

BTW, parents should do better!
    You assume it effects very few, that's because you did what i told you not to do and that is take a single factor and base everything around that. Society transformed into the situation we are now from a situation where there used to be at least one parent at home, this is caused by multiple factors.

But yes, if you wish to do as your avatar display one can try to stick a single thing, a simple thing to a complex problem. But believing that beating your kid enough will make everything right says enough about your view on this.

Quote Originally Posted by McFuu View Post
    I read an article the other day talking about Baltimore City schools, and how many students in the senior class are "Proficient in Math."

Not 14%, 14 students out of over 3000 in Baltimore were proficient in math. And before people jump on the "inner city" has no money, Baltimore city enjoys approximated $15k in funding per student, triple the national average.

Society is failing these kids. Not the government, or the man, or their parents, society in general that allows this kind of culture to continue.
    society cant keep lowering the bar to make room for these kids.
    the line has to be drawn somewhere.

youtube.com/watch?v=VfDwQZNzNZM

The problem is there is no discipline because society has said that it's too traumatizing for kids. Society has created the problem, and refuses to fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kamov View Post
    When you look up the demographics of this city it all makes sense.
    What would those be, you are being vague.

Quote Originally Posted by McFuu View Post

Well, I think it's more of the culture than society itself. I grew up in Baltimore and the prevailing culture there is that unless you are a criminal, a rapper, or a sports star, you are trying to act white and will be ruthlessly harassed and beaten.

This is what happens when you can't give your kid a spank for being a little shit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquinan View Post
    This is what happens when you can't give your kid a spank for being a little shit.
    I don't think this has anything to do with spanking incidence. If anything, these kids are probably beaten at home far more than is usual, and take their anger out in class because they learn that it's an acceptable method of conflict resolution.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonnusthegreat View Post
    The problem is there is no discipline because society has said that it's too traumatizing for kids. Society has created the problem, and refuses to fix it.
    What kind of discipline?

If you talking about corporal punishment, it's frowned upon in excess, the no one is going to send you to jail for swatting your kids on their butt when they need it. As a parent myself, I'll swat my kids butt as an attention getter, not a means of punishment in and of itself.

I think the problem stems from the culture of dismissing personal responsibility. Many parents out there think they are perfect, and by extension, their kids are perfect.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Quetzl View Post
    I don't think this has anything to do with spanking incidence. If anything, these kids are probably beaten at home far more than is usual, and take their anger out in class because they learn that it's an acceptable method of conflict resolution.
    From what I understand, bullying is usually a result of having a shitty home life.

Quote Originally Posted by supertony51 View Post
    Well, I think it's more of the culture than society itself. I grew up in Baltimore and the prevailing culture there is that unless you are a criminal, a rapper, or a sports star, you are trying to act white and will be ruthlessly harassed and beaten.
    Only a tiny minority has that viewpoint.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    Ah come on Granyala, there's several possible reasons for it. A few that would get us banned here like pointing out a deficite in his mental capacity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oktoberfest View Post
    Man I swear, every time someone uses the term 'Critical Thinking' I want to pop em in the mouth.

Deleted
    In America if you spank your kids they come back the next day with a gun.

Quote Originally Posted by Bapestar View Post
    Only a tiny minority has that viewpoint.

Alaska isn't Baltimore homie, that line of thinking is VERY prevalent in Baltimore and other major urban areas. That and the belief that everything wrong in their lives is because of some shadowy white organization that wants to hold every minority down.

My cousin is training to become a 1st grade teacher.
    On her first day of "internship" or whatever it's called in English, she saw the following:

6-7-year old kids shouting "WHORE!", "CUNT!", racial slurs. She had to be stern with a boy aged 7 because he was throwing things at 2 girls, and the boy threw a fit where he began throwing things at her, the resident teacher, calling them extremely loaded names (he even called her Infidel at one point) and they had to call his parents for emergency talks. The kid has been moved to a private Religious school, so now there's just the other kids with zero respect for adults and young parents always willing to stir up a shitstorm because their "sweet and perfect children would never behave badly"!

I'm not sure if cameras are allowed, but it'd almost be justified with what teachers today have to endure...

You assume it effects very few, that's because you did what i told you not to do and that is take a single factor and base everything around that. Society transformed into the situation we are now from a situation where there used to be at least one parent at home, this is caused by multiple factors.

But yes, if you wish to do as your avatar display one can try to stick a single thing, a simple thing to a complex problem. But believing that beating your kid enough will make everything right says enough about your view on this.
    No what I did was look at the facts, which you sir seem to want to ignore because of your feels and moral superiority...how many participation trophies did you get growing up. Fact, a majority of these incidents and reported issues come from where? Hint, inner cities. While cities do house a majority of the population, inner city schools, while getting the most funding also produce the worse students, why is that? Inner City schools, also, is not home a majority of school children so yes it affects a few in comparison.

Please forgive me for thinking that sitting a child in a corner and saying "now Tommy you know better" does absolutely nothing in teaching a child discipline so yep, if you consider a spanking beating your child, I guess you also consider a handshake a handjob; good for you sir! or it or whatever the PC term is. Besides if you read what I typed I said they should be kicked out of school so the children there to learn can actually do so in peace. Read an article a while back, another inner city school issue, where a kid making straight A's was beaten almost daily...you know why? Because he cared about learning.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Immortan Rich View Post
    In America if you spank your kids they come back the next day with a gun.
    Or DSS papers given to them by the school because they are taught no one can touch them

On the contrary, these kind of environments are where parental abuse is the most common. Which doesn't teach you anything, other than using violence to solve your problems and get your way.

This isn't a case where a few spankings would turn these kids into role models. It's a case where the parents don't give a shit, so the kids don't either. I've worked at a social shelter, I've seen or talked with people who deal with this kind of stuff. There are always multiple causes, but uncaring and/or irresponsible parents are the #1 in many cases.

Quote Originally Posted by supertony51 View Post
    Alaska isn't Baltimore homie, that line of thinking is VERY prevalent in Baltimore and other major urban areas. That and the belief that everything wrong in their lives is because of some shadowy white organization that wants to hold every minority down.
    Again it is only a tiny minority that has that viewpoint. Just because that was prevalent in your experience, doesn't mean much. Your second point is a strawman so nothing to say there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    Ah come on Granyala, there's several possible reasons for it. A few that would get us banned here like pointing out a deficite in his mental capacity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oktoberfest View Post
    Man I swear, every time someone uses the term 'Critical Thinking' I want to pop em in the mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by primalmatter View Post
    Chicken or egg.

I just find it odd how its always the same "cultures" is all
    It's status as a 'painful truth' hinges exactly on this 'chicken or egg' distinction.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?