Page 3 of 30 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Kinda OT;

All those online signatures... I honestly can't trust that, considering it's so easy to fake it with macro botting.

Quote Originally Posted by hmzlol View Post
    Classic servers are for people who enjoy classic vanilla experience and nothing else. Retail players has nothing to do with current vanilla state of affairs. Entitled retail players you should stop with your irrelevant demands, you add zero value to the conversation.
    Binary thinking detected. You seem to think there are only two groups of people involved here..."Classic Purists" and "Entitled Retail Players". Reality is much more granular than you perceive.

You do not speak for the entire WoW Classic Community. You speak only for yourself.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

More people from the private server community are the ones asking for changes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    More than just private server hermits will be playing classic. It needs to appeal to a broader Audience in order to survive.

Quote Originally Posted by Alienshroom View Post
    The people on private servers that got such a large player population Blizzard decided to shut them down, fly the team overseas who ran the server to meet with them, and then create the vanilla servers officially themselves.
    Yeah, the cops are so jealous that I'm rich they arrested me!!! Totally unrelated to all the banks I robbed.

!@#$y private servers aren't successful BECAUSE they use !@#$y graphics, but because those graphics are stolen and provided for free.

If you give someone free beer, even if its @!#$, plenty of people will drink it.

When someone's paying you for that beer though, it better not suck.

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    Dear entitled former players. As a retail player, I should have more say into what Classic should be than you. You gave up on WoW. I haven't. As a subscribed player my voice matters more than yours. Classic needs QoL implemented into it. Class balancing, Duel Spec and a LFD system so we can actually play the game instead of spending an evening finding a group. You sound like those anti-LFR nut jobs. (LFR is short for Looking For Raid. A system where you can queue up and automatically be put in a raid.) If you actually cared about Classic then you would be subscribed right now instead of starting threads that add nothing to the community. Until subscribed you have no credibility.
    I'm a live player and can tell you we will have less say overall. Why? Blizzard already has our money, they are trying to get someone else's.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think it's cute that people think this will be any more faithful to the original experience than timewalking.

Blizzard may as well cater to more than just the "we thought we did but we didn't" minority because they're not going to be satisfied regardless of how accurate Blizzard tries to be. I'm sure the inevitability of the player being required to have an active subscription will turn off most of them, anyway.
    Last edited by Frumpy Frumpy Frak; 2017-11-22 at 02:40 AM.
    Garrosh did nothing wrong.
    #MakeTheHordeGreatAgain

7+ Year Old Account
    The people who want to be part of Classic and who wants to play and pay for it when it comes out deserve to be heard no matter what. It does not matter if they have played since Vanilla and have only played on vanilla private servers since Wrath or if they just heard about Vanilla yesterday. The people who are gonna play the game have the agency, no need to excluding these players as they have as much right to the game as any other.

Besides, if Blizzard just made this game for the hardcore fanatic playerbase, they would not have annoucned this as Blizzcon and it would be a project doomed to fail.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    You think retail players are messing this up for you?

Good lord, you never really understood how fragmented your support was, did you? You had no clue. You thought you all wanted the same thing. It's kind of hilarious.
    It really is sad to observe isn't it?
    I have eaten all the popcorn, I left none for anyone else.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hmzlol View Post
    Entitled classic players you should stop with your irrelevant demands, you add zero value to the conversation.
    That's what it feels like from the other end of the argument..

No we won't be silent, stop pretending you are the only voice when in fact you're the minority. If you want to play the original vanilla in it's broken glory, go play a private server. Most of us want to see a complete vanilla game, a cross between something we CAN enjoy and NOT be miserable (yes that's what Classic Vanilla was, broken unenjoyable crap) and the nostalgia that came with the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Frumpy Frumpy Frak View Post
    I think it's cute that people think this will be any more faithful to the original experience than timewalking.

Blizzard may as well cater to more than just the "we thought we did but we didn't" minority because they're not going to be satisfied regardless of how accurate Blizzard tries to be. I'm sure the inevitability of the player being required to have an active subscription will turn off most of them, anyway.
    If it's not it's just a waste of time and money on their part then and that's coming from someone still currently playing.

I don't understand why anyone would want it otherwise. If I want a modern designed game I'll play live. It's the reason I want classic as close to Vanilla as possible, I want two separate games with two different experiences, otherwise I might as well just stick with live and all the stuff I've already gained there.

Quote Originally Posted by In Ogres We Trust View Post
    At a loss as to why people would care if we had the following:

a) Updated Models
    b) Transmog
    c) Battle.net Integration (Assured)
    d) Collection System For Mounts/Pets
    e) Updated Art Assets
    f) Increased Bag Size

If anything, including some of these features would prolong the life of the community. Who wants to play with 2004 graphics?
    dont be at a loss. i want a shitty game ok? i want my shitty vanilla with the bugs i want to take forever to lvl and take 2 years to expirience a glance of naxx i want to grind frostsabre rep for weeks to get to honored even thats what i want you dont want that and thats ok you got the retail version. does it hurts you that people dont want what you do? does it hurt you that the people that wanted vanilla will get it and no one cares about your retail version? does it hurt you that those people that werent pleased are now pleased? i guess you do

Quote Originally Posted by meroko View Post
    No we won't be silent, stop pretending you are the only voice when in fact you're the minority. If you want to play the original vanilla in it's broken glory, go play a private server. Most of us want to see a complete vanilla game, a cross between something we CAN enjoy and NOT be miserable (yes that's what Classic Vanilla was, broken unenjoyable crap) and the nostalgia that came with the game.
    before classic servers were out, mother fuckers like you didnt even cared for it so stfu with your fucking changes and go shove retail up your ass then shit it out back again and eat it fucking bitch

Mod Edit: Infracted
    Last edited by mmoc99cfbcce04; 2017-11-22 at 02:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by meroko View Post
    If vanilla made you miserable why would you want to play it again? I get the request for certain changes, but wholesale changes to classes, lfd, etc. means it's not really a classic version of anything, it's just some weird bastard version of a game that existed 13 years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    Good lord, you never really understood how fragmented your support was, did you? You had no clue. You thought you all wanted the same thing. It's kind of hilarious.
    Very much this ^

The Classic "community" is like a band of different tribes similar to the Native Americans.

Sure they all fit the title of Native Americans but they are different tribes with different opinions, ideas and visions of the future.

The classic community is much the same. Everyone remembers Vanilla WoW a bit differently, liked different aspects of the game, had different ideas on how it should go looking forward. But none of these are universal.

Additionally, I think people vastly overestimate the number of people who will actually play the game. Sure there are plenty who will buy it. But they won't continue playing it. The content is fixed and without more being added eventually people will reach a point where the game interests dwindle down. We see this happen with every expansion, where towards the end of expansion people stop caring, stop investing and start to leave. You will also have those who get the game and realise that their rose coloured glasses overlooked and ignored several key things that take away from the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    Kinda OT;

All those online signatures... I honestly can't trust that, considering it's so easy to fake it with macro botting.
    I am thinking the same thing. But also that online petitions and even physical petitions don't have the same value they once did. Filling out a petition to have 10K signatures is easy these days online but how many of them really care enough to take action? Heaps of people say they want Vanilla again but I doubt most of them will care enough to actually play the game. Even more so if they get there and suddenly remember X or Y that pissed them off
    Last edited by skitzin; 2017-11-22 at 03:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by skitzin View Post
    Very much this ^

The Classic "community" is like a band of different tribes similar to the Native Americans.

Sure they all fit the title of Native Americans but they are different tribes with different opinions, ideas and visions of the future.

The classic community is much the same. Everyone remembers Vanilla WoW a bit differently, liked different aspects of the game, had different ideas on how it should go looking forward. But none of these are universal.

Additionally, I think people vastly overestimate the number of people who will actually play the game. Sure there are plenty who will buy it. But they won't continue playing it. The content is fixed and without more being added eventually people will reach a point where the game interests dwindle down. We see this happen with every expansion, where towards the end of expansion people stop caring, stop investing and start to leave. You will also have those who get the game and realise that their rose coloured glasses overlooked and ignored several key things that take away from the game.
    i think that most people that want vanilla specifically those like me that want it unchanged, know what we are going to get so there no god damn rose tinted glasses

Quote Originally Posted by Halicia View Post
    Yeah, the cops are so jealous that I'm rich they arrested me!!! Totally unrelated to all the banks I robbed.

!@#$y private servers aren't successful BECAUSE they use !@#$y graphics, but because those graphics are stolen and provided for free.

If you give someone free beer, even if its @!#$, plenty of people will drink it.

When someone's paying you for that beer though, it better not suck.
    Clearly you know nothing about vanilla WoW.

This thread is kinda why I hope it falls flat; at least for people like OP. It's no wonder the Classic community has such a bad rep.
    Last edited by Theoris; 2017-11-22 at 03:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Alienshroom View Post
    Clearly you know nothing about vanilla WoW.
    he thinks he does but he doesnt hahahahaha

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Theoris View Post
    This thread is kinda why I hope it falls flat; at least for people like OP.
    but if it succeeds and you get salty and rage quit can i have your stuff bitch?