10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by 1001 View Post
    But they do show how much is spent on salaries/wages, it says it right there in the report. It also says how much total costs are. £9.8 million for wages and total costs of £17,329,047. It also says how many staff it's for so it is pretty damn easy to work out a cost per employee per month.

As far as I am aware they get up to 25% back from the UK government, it should be noted that very few businesses actually qualify for the whole 25% reimbursement. Is there any link to show they get the full 25% rebate?

The issue I see here is that you want rock hard facts even when people post something saying that X is approximately Y which seems like an easy way to dismiss any validity someone's argument might have.
    ok, i stand corrected about them not showing their salary breakdown for their Foundry 42 office, but that still does not negate the premise of my argument, which is we only know for one studio and that cannot be extrapolated for the other 3 studios outside of the UK.

Ortwin and Roberts have both said they get money back from the government, which is so much so that they were able to expand the UK studio to become the largest studio in the company because of it, so that is all we know about the scale of the rebate. Chris also mentions this in one of the interviews he gave at Citizencon this year. both of these guys say that the company is in great financial condition, but i am supposed to believe someone random on the internet who does not even work for the company over the ones who run it instead, because he has generalizations? no.

facts matter and speculation does not help anything when it comes to giving people accurate information on which to make informed decisions. and excuse me but how does an argument that is not accurate somehow gain the merits of one that is valid? if your information is wrong then any conclusion you derive from that information is also wrong, it's not a hard concept.

i will respect Lucetia's warning and stop this discussion as it is inconclusive with the limited information we have at this point anyway. so let's just agree that we don't know definitively either way objectively, all we have are the words of the company heads and information of one dev location out of 4 (5th one is in UK so the same rules would apply), so until we do, there is no need to bring it back up.

Back on topic:

Cargo looks like it's shaping up really nicely for its first iteration. they just need to clean up some animations (have total confidence in them after the animation showcase at Citizencon) and local grid transfers (though they are markedly better than they were at Gamescom in the same Cutlass Black) but i am more looking forward to the totality of all the related systems affecting each other once they all go live and the frequency, consequence and gameplay considerations for the player from their interactions.
    Last edited by Odeezee; 2017-11-22 at 03:49 AM.
    "Cherish the quiet...before my STORM!"

For a $5/5000 in-game credit bonus for backing
    Star Citizen (MMO) or Squadron 42 (Single Player/Co-op) use my Referral code: STAR-3QDY-SZBG
    Star Citizen Video Playlist

Quote Originally Posted by Malibutomi View Post
    ...and the brainfarting about CIG's financials goes on without any real points, same people going on and on about the same things without even considering the others argument, and against the moderator's warning.
    Do follow along. This has nothing to do with brainfarting about financials. A poster claimed any talk about their finances was misinformation and non-factual, they also claimed that various of aspects of it didn't even exist. This was simply correcting that mistake with evidence of information. If people weren't so persistent in arguing against such things there would be very little discussion about those things.

Instead of taking a swipe at someone simply trying to correct misinformation why not take a swipe at those posting little more than "You're wrong, you're wrong..." and keeping the argument going for arguments sake? Oh, but he bats for the "other side" so let's make out it's all on him...

Quote Originally Posted by Odeezee View Post
    ok, i stand corrected about them not showing their salary breakdown for their Foundry 42 office, but that still does not negate the premise of my argument, which is we only know for one studio and that cannot be extrapolated for the other 3 studios outside of the UK.
    Well we know that Germany and the UK have not too disimilar wages/living costs, we also know from CR that employees in the US cost roughly twice as much as their EU counterparts. It doesn't make it too hard or unreasonable to ballpark a figure when you know those things in combination to the information contained in the UK's accounts.

Ortwin and Roberts have both said they get money back from the government, which is so much so that they were able to expand the UK studio to become the largest studio in the company because of it, so that is all we know about the scale of the rebate. Chris also mentions this in one of the interviews he gave at Citizencon this year. both of these guys say that the company is in great financial condition, but i am supposed to believe someone random on the internet who does not even work for the company over the ones who run it instead, because he has generalizations? no.
    What does this even mean? You purport to deal in facts and correction of misinformation but when asked for evidence of them receiving the full 25% reimbursement this is what you come up with...
    IF CIG were in a bad position Chris is hardly going to say the company is falling apart during an interview, that would be project/career suicide wouldn't it, of course he's going to say it's all great.

facts matter and speculation does not help anything when it comes to giving people accurate information on which to make informed decisions. and excuse me but how does an argument that is not accurate somehow gain the merits of one that is valid? if your information is wrong then any conclusion you derive from that information is also wrong, it's not a hard concept.
    If facts mattered you would verify things before claiming X does not exist or claiming CIG get the full 25% back from the UK government. If you want to apply rules to how people should conduct their arguments surely it's only fair to abide by those rules yourself?
    I have no idea why you want to keep banging on about facts and speculation, you might as well start shouting "FAKE NEWS!!"

i will respect Lucetia's warning and stop this discussion as it is inconclusive with the limited information we have at this point anyway. so let's just agree that we don't know definitively either way objectively, all we have are the words of the company heads and information of one dev location out of 4 (5th one is in UK so the same rules would apply), so until we do, there is no need to bring it back up.
    I also have nothing else to add, I haven't spoken about their finances for a good while but if people want to make out that any estimation is lies and based on bullshit they deserve to be shown that's false.

The one thing we do know, and I'm sure we can all agree on this, is that with 460 staff they are burning through a lot of money each month.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    While it may be nice to talk about the business practices of companies, let's please bring the focus of the thread back to the game at hand "Star Citizen". People may disagree with the company, some may agree. Let's agree that we have our differences and don't need to argue about the company. Keep the thread about the discussion about the game.

people would gladly talk a game if there was one

for the moment its pre pre alpha tech demos assorted with 1000$ ship [that don't exist in the tech demo] jpegs sales

so i think the discussion is right were it should be

and now they are ready to sell "land" on those barren moons
    Last edited by mmoc11f5768ffa; 2017-11-22 at 01:46 PM.

Snip.
    So to clear up: my opinion is any argument about CIG's financials is not more than a brain fart at this point.
    We know a fraction of their spending, and only part of their income. From this the most educated guess could be +-10millions off. So CIG at this point is Scrodingers cat, they could be broke and full of money at the same time until they don't declare how they stand.

Any conclusion drawn from these small partial informations is higly unreliable, so imho not worth to spend any time on it.

For me the overall feel don't show any lack of capital, they are constantly hiring, the devs seem happy and enthusiastic, big companies partnering with CIG, etc.

That's my take on the financials question, and the end of it on my part.

10+ Year Old Account
    First wave of 3.0 for the PTU (no-NDA) has gone out. Earlier than I expected.

Got the email, almost finished downloading. Will post my findings soon.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Still doesn't fix the netcode problems, but I'd hope that they are working on it while they roll out PTU testing and server load trials, cause that really needs to be hashed out for the PTU to function and play properly.

Very pleased to see 3.0 getting released, should be in wave 2 or 3 and looking forward to trying it out.

Some pictures about my first trip to Yela: https://imgur.com/a/QYFVb

Plus a short video:

I was watching some stream. I guess ships are bugged? They don't take any damage

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Onvious View Post
    I was watching some stream. I guess ships are bugged? They don't take any damage
    Combat destruction might be disabled for server stability, so you might be able to shoot other ships but not die. I'd assume that CIG wants to roll out combat once the servers are good and stable. Which isn't a bad thing, really.

10+ Year Old Account
    Some pictures
    video
    Is it just your pc being bad or is this legit the state of the game with those atrocious planet-textures and these hard fps drops every few seconds?

This is really no badmouthing but for someone like me who is not invested in this project, this kind of video is a real turnoff.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sezerek View Post
    Is it just your pc being bad or is this legit the state of the game with those atrocious planet-textures and these hard fps drops every few seconds?

This is really no badmouthing but for someone like me who is not invested in this project, this kind of video is a real turnoff.
    So before answering this question; you are aware that this is all from the unstable, early (post NDA group), test group of a game that is in alpha, yes?

The FPS drops are known problem, CIG working on it. Also this is still the first wave of PTU to stress and hammer out the bugs.

10+ Year Old Account
    The FPS drops are known problem, CIG working on it. Also this is still the first wave of PTU to stress and hammer out the bugs.
    What do you have your settings set at? The LoDs seem to be kicking in earlier/closer than I was expecting.

Hey now, for 5 years work and $164 million what do you expect, the BDSSE or something?

Deleted
    Hey now, for 5 years work and $164 million what do you expect, the BDSSE or something?
    C.Robber told us that they started working on SC in 2011 so its almost 7 years

Lets assume they fix the fps when there are more than 1 player in your zone (they cant because architecture doesn't allow it).

Look at the game , the mechanics, the game play (assume 120fps, no bugs, no glitches, no crashes, ignore the fact that they promised a ton of things that are not here here)

It's a boring garbage *game lol. But atm still vaporware status. (and if mods have any problem with that word go to wikipedia and educate yourself on what vaporware means).

*assuming all mechanics are added, increase number of PoI locations by 200, good fps, release quality level

P.s. and for SC not-shills acting like shills but unpaid : this 3.0 is your minimum viable product, that is Star Citizen lol. enjoy hahahaha. Enjoy your 10 crew ships in instances that run at 5fps with 3 players together (doing things not salute) , your couple of fps level bases and 3 empty moons to drive on.
    Last edited by mmoc11f5768ffa; 2017-11-24 at 06:34 AM.

aaaaahhh, the attention to detail in this game. simply amazing.

It plays like garbage and there's really not much to do outside of PVP.

I can but lol at idiots who mindlessly try to drag it down.
    3.0 has a few bugs, and FPS drops, but it's surprisingly stable, and an awesome experience imho.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by masterhorus8 View Post
    So before answering this question; you are aware that this is all from the unstable, early (post NDA group), test group of a game that is in alpha, yes?
    Yeah I know in what state the game is, BUT the difference in quality between highly polished "hype-generating" videos/pics from the devs that odezee is permanently posting (including his worshipper like comments to the vids/pic) and this consumer video is just astounding.
    And thats why I was asking if his pc is just bad or if this is the REAL deal.