Page 7 of 30 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Greathoudini View Post
    Doubt there's anything that'll change the game and experience. All they gotta do is tweak numbers, and some gear.
    That changes the game whether you admit it or not.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    Anyone who wants a pure vanilla experience can go to PS. Majority of people wants condiments in theirs, like chocolate bits, nuts and sweet syrup all other.
    You have zero way to verify this just like someone who holds the opposite opinion has zero way to verify it. Stick to your own opinions and stop trying to create this made up majority to back you up. Blizzard has held the stance that these kind of statements move the discussion no where because you, they, nor anyone else really has a way to know what isn't true.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    The ones who will be playing the most are the general populace. Diehard purists are a tiny fractional subset of the already small group that was vocal about getting Vanilla.
    Exactly. This will be a cool feature for about 7 months, then it'll be a barren ghostland unless they find a way to make the server engaging. otherwise its just a waste of resources. diehard purists can stay there, we don't need them in the normal game

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Armourboy View Post
    And here the Vanilla crowd was always yelling about "Vanilla is about social interaction, questing and the journey!"
    Just like all the changes there were throughout vanilla, except now Blizzard know that having items itemized for only certain specs is a retarded way to handle the game.

How precious. Someone who broke TOS uses it as a reason to claim exclusivity and precedence over others who play and love this game.

Quote Originally Posted by lightspark View Post
    I actually agree w/ 1 thing, they shouldn't design WoW Classic for current players. They need to expand their playerbase and not cannibalise it, if they create a product that pleases only current players they'll simply redistribute users and that's it. That's meh from business' standpoint.

But, IMHO, they shouldn't design it w/ only PS users in mind either, it's hard to compete w/ a product that's almost identical to yours (90% Blizzlike, kek), but is absolutely free of charge. People will happily drink vinegar if it's free.

Many people on PS either don't know or don't even remember how exactly classic WoW was back in the day, so they'll expect to see what they experienced recently on PS, but even the most Blizzlike PS is really generous w/ gold, tuning is off and so on, because it's a ton of guesswork when it comes to numbers, drops chances, etc.

I don't think that people will be happy to start playing on official 100% 2006 1.12.2 vanilla-like classic realm and later realise that they're getting less (basically that it's grindier) and they also need to pay sub for it.
    That I agree with, making Classic based on what the current player base in live wants is foolish for exactly the reasons you state, and frankly it is what I think they will do. The entire goal of this from Blizzards side of things is to bring players back into the fold that no longer hands them money. Taking live and sticking in Vanilla does nothing but split your base, and actually might reduce it because you tick some people off.

As for the Private Server crowd, who knows, you may be right on that. I know generally they are faster leveling with better drops and more gold to make up for that faster leveling, and I can tell you that you do notice the difference if you've ever done it originally. Now whether they understand this and will be ok with this, and they understand that even a " pure " Vanilla experience may not be exactly what they think it is we won't know til it happens.

I will tell you this, as someone that plays on live, if it has class changes, LFD, flying, transmog, and forces you to use the new graphics, then I will not play it, and odds are it will tick me off enough that I quit live as well. I'll just go find another game to play.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Theprejudice View Post
    And here the Vanilla crowd was always yelling about "Vanilla is about social interaction, questing and the journey!"

Just like all the changes there were throughout vanilla, except now Blizzard know that having items itemized for only certain specs is a retarded way to handle the game.
    Which is funny because I'm a current live player.

I want the game I played, not some bastardized version of a 13 year old one.

Well maybe WE (like all WoW-players) could stop shit-talking about the preferences of others be it classic-"vanilla" or "retail"-live version players.
    We all love the WarCraft universe, otherwise we wouldn´t be here.
    Some prefer the older state of the game, so be it. Some prefer the current state of the game. And some might like to play even both.
    I hope that Blizzard will find a way to give the vanilla-crowd a game which will satisfy their needs and hopes as I hope that Blizzard will give a good expansion with BfA for the live version
    Both should be happy and enjoy their time in this wonderful world.

The war should be between the Horde and the Alliance ingame, not between the player "factions" in real life !

Quote Originally Posted by Vidget View Post
    It won't have any of that. At the most it'll have optional modern graphics and character models, they would never force that on anyone in Classic. There will be changes though, a lot of them actually. The old client can't be used so we'll be getting a new one, the addon API can't be used so we'll be getting either a fixed version or the modern version, there will be battle.net integration, bugs and exploits will be fixed, we'll get a singular client version that's a mash-up of all the vanilla versions which in turn will require tuning of PvE encounters so that they're not too easy and classes might have to be balanced for PvP if the version they create is too imbalanced.
    Expecting to simply use your PS 1.12 client, change the realmlist and start playing is unrealistic, short sighted and frankly delusional.
    Don't disagree, and understand all of that. I'm not one of these that says change nothing. I realize it will have battle.net integration, it will probably have the improved chat system and its report/ignore features and frankly that's ok. Heck I'm even ok with them adding a guild bank because unlike back then, most people have authenticators now, so it will be a considerable pita to have the old mule system people used in vanilla for a guild bank.

What I don't want to see, and it's my biggest fear really, is a bunch of class changing, and reitemization of gear to make specs better or worse. I want to play my Paladin in all it's glorious mess that was Ret, Prot and Holy.

Deleted
    Lol you are abit late with that video, it was made about a year ago give or take for the nostalrius hype...

Quote Originally Posted by Armourboy View Post
    What I don't want to see, and it's my biggest fear really, is a bunch of class changing, and reitemization of gear to make specs better or worse.
    You won't see big class changes. The post explaining why.

Maybe reitemization, but big class changes certainly not.

Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    You won't see big class changes. The post explaining why.

Maybe reitemization, but big class changes certainly not.
    I hope you are right. Really don't want to see reitemization either. Part of Vanilla's charm was some of the choices they made with that old stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    Polls don't mean shit. Blizzard won't even look at them as all these polls are not representative and scientifically speaking meaningless. They only serve a purpose of stroking the winning opinion group's ego.
    Polls don't mean shit, when you are on the opposing side.

Why do polls exist then, to stroke the winning opinion group's ego, as you say? What if the poll was created innocently, without knowing the outcome?

If it went in your favor would you still have the same sorry response? Then deny the outcome? doubtful, imo.

It's a self serving response, you offered, imo.
    Last edited by Vineri; 2017-11-22 at 08:13 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vidget View Post
    Actually what they've said most recently is "We know that it’s about community and that means some inconveniences" and that it won't have community ruining features such as LFD, LFR and flying.
    That doesn't mean that it won't have changes. Small QoL features like for example the auto loot interface toggle and balance changes to PvP or tuning of raid encounters to make them not piss easy with the set of talents and class balancing they choose to go with.
    You're not going to get a 1:1 copy, first of all the old client is an unsecure piece of crap, it can't be used and they've already stated that it has to have battle.net integration.
    Ion already said in the latest q&a its about which patch

What surprises me is the sheer amount of vanilla haters posting in this section of the forum.

Quote Originally Posted by hmzlol View Post
    Classic servers are for people who enjoy classic vanilla experience and nothing else. Retail players has nothing to do with current vanilla state of affairs. Entitled retail players you should stop with your irrelevant demands, you add zero value to the conversation.
    Entitled all classic players, you should stop bashing "retailers" for their look on classic wow,you add zero value to the conversation.

Funny how i can use your exact same words againts you...

please think before you post something,let everyone have their fun

AND JUST PLAY THE DAMN GAME

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by OneWay View Post
    Bingo? I'd rather be careful with that. Some players expect it for free. The distant stench of illegal servers says who those players are and they also want the "same vanilla experience".

Oh and, what about players who play on live and they have also played during vanilla and they don't want what you want but they want to get back to vanilla as well?
    Ahahaha if people really think Classic WoW will be free i will ROFLMAO for 1 week. Will be hilarious.

True. But it's quite obvious from the video clip why he is former and not present team lead.
    It is.

Retail would be a much better game if he were team lead. It's obvious now, ty.

- - - Updated - - -

No, polls don't mean a shit if Blizzard doesn't make it.
    Most people are quite aware that they are going to waste a vote on something that no one is going to consider seriously if poll is made by a random dude.
    It still got a large subset of responses, deny all you like.

7+ Year Old Account
    Eh, bite me. I have pay my sub therefore i get a say what happens with my money you cheapskates <3. Kappa

Quote Originally Posted by Sencha View Post
    What surprises me is the sheer amount of vanilla haters posting in this section of the forum.
    Where else are they gonna post? If they're gonna whine about the classic stuff, its pretty obvious they are gonna do it here where the classic stuff is. Thats about like counter protesting a protest... from your living room... in the town next over.
    Last edited by Addict; 2017-11-22 at 08:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vladar View Post
    Dont know what he means be progression servers if that means at some point they will replace classic with TBC that would be a bad thing since in TBC they started changing the game for the worse.
    For the worse? I really wouldn't say much about the changes being "bad" until you reach LFD, that was a mistake. Because I know I'd still want there to only be 1 viable spec for most classes... But BC was an amazing time... you could finally play all classes and have more than one spec/role do reasonable. Pvp was great, more to do in the game than there had ever been before. Shit, I know I'd invest time into a BC or WOTLK server if bliz were to ever release those. Everything took too long in vanilla, if it were just really hard I could understand... but the hardest part about playing vanilla was the fact that is was vanilla and so much was done poorly, then add the scale of their raids... Wanding and only being able to auto attack a boss because you ran out of mana 2 minutes ago isn't hard or fun, they learned improved upon the game, fixed classes, and gave us more interesting raid encounters. Idk, the game only saw improvements until right before the end of wotlk, and tbh, I still really enjoyed cata for what it was.
    Last edited by bigbleach; 2017-11-22 at 08:29 AM.

Bingo? I'd rather be careful with that. Some players expect it for free. The distant stench of illegal servers says who those players are and they also want the "same vanilla experience".

Oh and, what about players who play on live and they have also played during vanilla and they don't want what you want but they want to get back to vanilla as well?
    People always expect things for free, there isn't much you can do about that, although I really do wonder just how large that group is that expects that. I would assume anyone with any sense at all knows Blizzard isn't producing this thing for shits and giggles, so there will be some cost involved.

My thoughts to those players would be this, if you want Vanilla but want all the fancy things from live then you really don't want Vanilla. You want the nostalgia associated with that time period, but if you can't handle it the way it was, well how much do you really want to get back to it?

It was a different game, designed in a different era, frankly for a completely different group of people. Some of us fall into both groups, we've stuck it out this long or found enough enjoyment in WoW to stick around, but I'll be honest, even though you see people try and poll this stuff, the number of people still around that played then and continue to play now is pretty small. I tend to believe ( maybe wrongly ) that most people that claim they played Vanilla and still play live now do so on a technicality. They jumped in right as it went to TBC, or they played it on a private server, but I seriously doubt many of us are still around. I know a few myself, and they are pretty split tbh. 2-3 of us are really looking forward to it, the rest have said they have no plans on playing it.

So I would say this about both of us, in the grand scheme we probably don't matter one way or the other. We are already giving them money, but they are after someone else to make money from. Frankly, I think I probably have the inside track on seeing what I want to see, but hey who knows.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hell the only thing I want added is the social features added to all their games now a days, I don't want to have to tab out to the blizzard launcher every time a friend wants to talk with me.