Page 1 of 8
... LastLast
    Deleted

Classic will be an acid dungeon filled with most despicable human beings possible

Blizzard opened a can of worms with this whole classic WoW reveal. Huge mistake. The so called "vanillia" players are some of the most vile neckbeard trolls I've seen in my gaming life. Why would anyone in his right mind want to play in such toxic atmosphere? Ubelievable.

Bad decision, this whole classic will be a downfall of Blizz and a useless money sponge.

They should drop it when they still have time. Let kids and retards sit on unofficial servers.

Editorino for haters below and above:

Vanillia WoW is a typical golden bollock.

In reality it was one of the biggest mmo-culture flops ever. When Ultima Online made tight communities were people talked to each other and respected each other the WoW devolved players into mentally-unstable loot pinata hunters. Loot was everything and the power-lvl jump was so insane people were going bonkers to get it. Everything was second to loot - guildies, real life, friends and family. The sheep were herded by manchild guild leaders enjoying their sick power trips. Long, mechanically simple but tedious raids spewed new breed of miserable no-lifes. All those derogatory gamer-memes we have today were born in vanillia WoW. Non-gamers lost respect for mmo-players mostly thanks to WoW.

People who want true vanillia experience want to jump on this sick bandwagon and that's why I'm totally against raising this abomination of a mmo game. Majority of mmo-players have grown beyond the simpleton that vanillia WoW was. It belongs to the past and should stay there.
    Last edited by mmoc70920841bc; 2017-11-22 at 04:08 PM.

Liberal snowflake detected!

The negative description actually just described yourself, after reading this obination.

You should feel so proud.

I'm always amused that people don't believe the same toxicity doesn't exist in their group. Here is a hint, every group has bad apples, always have and always will.

Deleted
    As always the most vocal are not neccessarily representatives of the majority. But yes, the usual suspects that stalk forums like this and subscribe to WoW content creators on youtube 10 years after they stopped playing to post about "WoW is dead" "Only casualz play retail" "Vanilla was harder and better in every way" are the very definition of toxic filth. Or people like Kungen. God, he's probably the most pathetic human being alive on the planet.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zepp View Post
    Blizzard opened a can of worms with this whole classic WoW reveal. Huge mistake. The so called "vanillia" players are some of the most vile neckbeard trolls I've seen in my gaming life. Why would anyone in his right mind want to play in such toxic atmosphere? Ubelievable.

Bad decision, this whole classic will be a downfall of Blizz and a useless money sponge.

They should drop it when they still have time. Let kids and retards sit on unofficial servers.
    Superb non-toxic post. Good for you.

Deleted
    I will take a neckbeard vanilla over SJW main anyday. thank you.

So much Hyperbole just like every legacy thread that was made prior to blizz announcement!

You're missing the point totally bro

The toxic vanilla purists are amazingly friendly to eachother - so the community within will be fine.
    They're just toxic against people who want to ruin their chance to get a true vanilla experience.
    Shadowlands - Server first 60 Rogue on Tarren-Mill EU
    Classic - Server first 60 Rogue on Gandling EU
    Server first Ragnaros, World 6th

As a matter of facts I can't grow a beard at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Shnider View Post
    I suggested to add new models you can toggle on and off and someone told me to kill myself.

If this is not toxicity i don’t know what is.

Those vanilla whores need to learn to discuss things rationally instead of throwing dumb words that contribute to nothing but reduce their IQ to double digit.

I don’t mind being proven wrong with facts and deductions which is something I rarely see in classic discussion.
    Well suggestions like these can be taken harsh, yes.
    The whole point of classic servers is to have the full classic atmosphere and vanilla experience.. not to improve it by modern standards and have some amalgamation of the two.. if you want that, just roll an alt on retail and don't use heirlooms..
    Intel i7-10700k | ASUS ROG STRIX Z490-F GAMING
    ASUS ROG STRIX RTX 2080 Ti | 2x 8GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 2400Mhz
    A-Data SSD SP920 256GB | Seagate 1TB 7200rpm | NZXT Kraken x62
    Fractal Design Define R6 TG | be quiet! Dark Power Pro 11 650W | Asus ROG Swift PG279Q
    Razer: Blackwidow Elite | Basilisk Ultimate | Nari Ultimate| Firefly | NZXT Hue+

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    Liberal snowflake detected!
    It’s Just awkward to make Vanilla about politics. Get a life.

It's mostly the private server community. There's a huge silent majority out there that aren't complete ass hats and just want to play the game again in one form or another. These are the people who've been waiting for 10 years and have nothing but joy in their hearts over this. Hopefully Blizzard do make some small changes to Classic that will give the private server community an excuse to keep playing illegally, we'd be better off without them.

Huge mistake.
    Nah, everything will be fine.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Oh look, another doomsayer who thinks he knows better.

Deleted

Have you considered not playing?

Lol... If you want to see real "toxic" shit you should go back and look at players who played real mmos where you had death penalties like de-leveling, player corpse looting, or even permadeath, where there was no such thing as turning off pvp, anyone could attack anyone anywhere even in towns. Where almost everything you have, stuff that could've taken years to achieve, can be destroyed or stolen in a single moment, many times as a result of betrayal. Most people who play mmos today have no understanding of how "toxic" things can really be. These "vile neckbeard trolls" are actually very moderate and the experience of playing with them in Classic will be like a casual stroll in a meadow compared to what I've seen.
    Last edited by snplisk; 2017-11-22 at 10:20 AM.

WoWv servers are small (thousands) and you will need to have friends outside of your guild to do stuff -tribute runs, 5 man farm, alt runs, ect. That means a friends list. Those people you describe quickly get blacklisted and tend to leave the server.

WoWv makes it so ones reputation and standing within the server community matters.

Deleted
    There always were toxic players, difference is they had the choice to either play nice or not be able see content.

I don't think anyone here (I hope) actually thinks that somehow people were nicer 15 years ago.

Blizzard opened a can of worms with this whole classic WoW reveal.
    Agreed.

The so called "vanillia" players are some of the most vile neckbeard trolls I've seen in my gaming life.
    However not so much. The Toxicity stems from both sides. And you cant reflect that on to the entire playerbase either.

They are just loud.

I dont know of anything that blizzard released that could be considered: "A Useless Money Sponge"
    Sure, not everything has the same Hype as Classic WoW, Burning Crusade and Lichking. And some are even some of the Worst blizzard hat put out (Dreanor). But not even that was really bad in a not Blizzard Exclusive View (Objectivly speaking).

So one should be inclined to say: Blizzard has done the math, and Classic should be worth their time.
    And even if it fails, they can still say: "Told you so. You Think you want it, but really. You dont".

Edit:
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeilon View Post
    I don't think anyone here (I hope) actually thinks that somehow people were nicer 15 years ago.
    Well, back then, you put one of the Handfull asshats of your server on Ignore. And you were done. Now with the game beeing essentially almost global, (An Entire EU or US, or Asian region is almost global in my opinion) you cant remember or ignore every asshat and be done.
    Theres always new ones. So it appears that there are way more asshats in the game.
    Last edited by LanToaster; 2017-11-22 at 10:29 AM.