Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    A dev interview said only one for this expansion.
    Link? I recall something like that, but interpreted it as "at launch", not for the entirety of BfA.
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    The solution is to provide many varied small grinds and a couple of long but unimportant background grinds.

What they are doing is a couple of long and important grinds. That's way too little in terms of material and terrible for the burnout.

PS: The Azerite will play like the artifact - you will have to grind it like hell for the first 6-8 months and then there will be quick catch-up. This design backfires in that the best way to play is to just ignore the grind and wait it out, including waiting it out playing other games without having a WoW sub.
    You are wrong but ironucally they tell you repeatedly to stop playing warcraft.

These arent evil cooporates trying to get your money but being to dumb to do it. They are literally you and me. Normal nerds who like fun and expect and want you to stop playing wow and go play other games, hang out with your friends and family.

The only reason to grind is progression, in which its nice to have one way if slowly increasing your characters power between raids. The way it works now. Yea its good 8f i take 2 or 3 weeks off a character and you know....play who i feel like playing.

Like...rested xp has been in the game since alpha. In fact your character used to get EXHAUSTED because the devs want you to STOP PLAYING and youd get 75% xp.

Grinding exhaustion is a problem created by players and no one else. If you are unhappy its your own fault. Its literally the same as the valor upgrades in mists and draenor just with 1 slot i stead of all of em.
    Romance doesnt detract from a story. Its a Genre, like horror or comedy or adventure. The game was ruined when we got Horror in drustvar or nazmir. It wasnt ruined when we had funny quests. So if you think a little man on man love ruins the game, then yes you are either a homophobe or just a spoil sport that goes "ewww kissing is yucky" like a baby. Furthermore, if a character has never expressed interest in any gender, then its not proof they are straight. straight people are not the default

Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    Seriously dude you ARE hating otherwise you would acept that they are still developing warfrontS.....
    Go read the interview.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by tristannarutofan View Post
    Grinding exhaustion is a problem created by players and no one else. If you are unhappy its your own fault. Its literally the same as the valor upgrades in mists and draenor just with 1 slot i stead of all of em.
    That's myopic. The way the game is designed has a major effect on how tedious the game is going to be in regular play. Sure, it's players committing or not committing to do tedious things in the end, but if your game is all about tedious things and short on skill / variety / creativity, saying "oh, but they themselves chose to do it" is just dumb. You designed the game to be tedious => the players who will choose to stay will experience that tediousness, and yes, they will be grumpy. You yourself did that as a game creator.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nathanyel View Post
    Link? I recall something like that, but interpreted it as "at launch", not for the entirety of BfA.
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...1#post48107624

Quote Originally Posted by m12342 View Post
    ~incompatible ptr realms image~

Oh no, it's happening again. :P
    They didn't update the PTR with the hotfix build they shipped.

The solution is to provide many varied small grinds and a couple of long but unimportant background grinds.

What they are doing is a couple of long and important grinds. That's way too little in terms of material and terrible for the burnout.

PS: The Azerite will play like the artifact - you will have to grind it like hell for the first 6-8 months and then there will be quick catch-up. This design backfires in that the best way to play is to just ignore the grind and wait it out, including waiting it out playing other games without having a WoW sub.
    The problem is you, not the game. The design didn't backfire at all, it worked as intended. The whole point is that there is no singular "best way to play", but it depends entirely on what your goals in the game are.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    The problem is you, not the game. The design didn't backfire at all, it worked as intended. The whole point is that there is no singular "best way to play", but it depends entirely on what your goals in the game are.
    Tell that to those who left the game.

These profound thoughts always remind me of that proverbial writing on a tombstone: "He was right". Of someone crossing some road some place where he didn't have vision but was technically "right" to cross and died to someone else driving the "wrong" way, etc. Dear, when you say "the problem is you", noone cares. Go tell that in Dalaran, maybe someone there will listen.
    Last edited by rda; 2017-11-22 at 11:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    One thing I really wish to have at some point is a big (friendly city) on the level of Suramar. That place is amazing, not only in terms of graphics/architectural beauty, but also in how alive it is. Our current main cities are jokes c ompared to that.

It would be great if the main faction hubs in BfA are kind of on that level of detail, with a lot of life in the street, lots of buildings to enter, maybe even random chests that can spawn and give transmog loot, npc interactions, all that kind of stuff.
    Boralus and zuldazar

Quote Originally Posted by rcshaggy View Post
    I really hope when the Forsaken retake their home, I want them to make their buildings on top of the Undercity and have a Black Citadel name for the top part of it while Undercity still be the same...

I don't think this will happen, and if it does Blizzard will have to give Teldrassil's BBQ Ashes to the Alliance, which is not really fair if you ask me.

Well, according to Arthas' ascension speech, Lordaeron already consists of ashes, so it's definitely fair

But nah, I assume there will simply be an NPC to phase into the pre-BfA version, for stuff like certain vendors, or the Cooking quests (unless those will be transplanted elsewhere)
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post
    Boralus and zuldazar
    Well, there's no indication that those would be anywhere near Suramar level, but it sure would be great.

Tell that to those who left the game.
    What about them? You want to tell me you did a representative study on why they left?

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Well, there's no indication that those would be anywhere near Suramar level, but it sure would be great.
    I personally am not excited with Boralus human architecture for me is boring

but zuldazar I think it will be great I always liked the troll architecture and it will be wonderful to see it when there are ruins

Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post
    I personally am not excited with Boralus human architecture for me is boring

but zuldazar I think it will be great I always liked the troll architecture and it will be wonderful to see it when there are ruins

Nope...

I hate everything troll, so I'm rerolling as an Alliance character for this expansion.

What about them? You want to tell me you did a representative study on why they left?
    I want to say that you would do well to check whether the game is generally gaining or losing people (losing) and what people are mostly complaining about (legendaries, TF and other RNG / timegates and silly grinds which aren't fun in the least and are there solely to keep you busy, including artifact / PVP).

The artifact is only good for graphs which show time spent per player. Because it requires a lot of time per player. In terms of actual gameplay and fun, the artifact is a complete failure. It is the epitome of "we are only doing this for a reward, if you take out the reward, there's no way in hell we're going to bother". No, content of that type is not normal, normal content is the one that people play because they enjoy it.
    Last edited by rda; 2017-11-22 at 02:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by In Ogres We Trust View Post
    Nope...

I hate everything troll, so I'm rerolling as an Alliance character for this expansion.
    as a horde player I am happy to see more trolls things, trolls are an essential part of the horde

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Trailer said Warfronts.

A dev interview said only one for this expansion.

When in doubt defer to the devs, not the trailer.
    One at launch, not one for the entire expansion.

I highly doubt they would create an entirely new instanced gameplay system, rewards, revamp areas, etc., only to implement a single one that people will stop doing as soon as they get that transmog gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Noraver View Post

I highly doubt they would create an entirely new instanced gameplay system, rewards, revamp areas, etc., only to implement a single one that people will stop doing as soon as they get that transmog gear.
    Yep. Won't expect a second one in the second raid "tier", but there'll be at least one, if not three more later on.

I want to say that you would do well to check whether the game is generally gaining or losing people (losing) and what people are mostly complaining about
    That's kinda the point. You have no idea why they are coming or going. You simply assume it's related to your pet issues.

Deleted
    Go read the interview.
    qed lil'hater.

- - - Updated - - -

dont try to counter him or rda with logic, they dont get that.....

That's kinda the point. You have no idea why they are coming or going. You simply assume it's related to your pet issues.
    You can't check what I suggest you checked? OK.

Really, this attitude that since you don't know / can't reason about X, then noone (on the forums or whatever, outside of Blizzard) can is self-defeating. Stay uninformed.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    qed lil'hater.
    If you don't know how to read, ask your grandma, I bet she will help.

- - - Updated - - -

Don't be like certain other posters here, read the interview.

An excerpt:

A: Currently, Stormguarde is the Warfront that we are working on. Finalizing for this particular expansion pack. We don’t have much else to say beyond that other than we are working very hard at making it an awesome experience. [...]

What you are saying makes sense, but perhaps we overestimated how much effort they are actually putting into warfronts. Wouldn't be the first time.