Thread: Project 60

15+ Year Old Account

Question Project 60

Can someone tell me WTF this is? On the MMO-Champ front page Blizzard talks about that in the RP rules section but I can't find anything on Google about this.

Deleted
    http://lmgtfy.com/?q=wow+project+60

google is too hard, nerf plz.

Popular steamers like Sodapoppin, Asmongold, SonyD, Nmplol and others, and hundreds of viewers and the like started project 60 like two weeks ago. It's an attempt to recreate the Vanilla experience, which they got hyped about after the announcement at Blizzcon. The rules are basically as follows: You level any vanilla class (race doesn't matter), without using Heriloom/BOA gear, xp potions, etc. You can't mount until 40 / 60, you turn off exp at 60. You gear up in dungeons then progress through vanilla raids ( Molten Core> AQ20 > Blackwing Lair>AQ40.

They set other arbitrary rules, like you can't level professions past 300, you can only bring 6 or 7 people to a raid. I may have missed some other details, but I haven't participated in this, so I don't know it all exactly. I know on Friday, they're starting Project 70, which is essentially the same thing as Project 60, but just with Burning Crusade content.

Hoped this help, mate.
    3DS Friend Code: 3282-4450-9594

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gaymer77 View Post
    Can someone tell me WTF this is? On the MMO-Champ front page Blizzard talks about that in the RP rules section but I can't find anything on Google about this.
    Project 60 is a joke created by a group of people in a false attempt at recreating the leveling and playing experience as from Vanilla/Classic. And sadly this bunch of people have, and some even been directed to, chosen to go to roleplay servers - and some sadly taken their time to become a nuisance, harassing some players. So, Blizzard chose to speak up again, as well, announce that there are still specific rules counted on RP servers alone.

Some Project 60 members are just doing their thing while others, sadly do worse. Didn't help that Sodapoop was talking about going to RP servers as a big 'fuck you' to RP'ers.

To sum it up, they are lvl 60 Twinks who just don't use every means they have.
    Last edited by Lochton; 2017-11-22 at 11:48 AM.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    He had said he wants to be on RP servers so they don’t phase, as it brings more nostalgia to the game. He also said he’s not going out of his way to upset the real RPers - saying “that’s not me”.

Anyways, they’re moving on to Project 70 on Thursday, but still plan to play on an RP server for the lack of phasing.
    Except the not phasing part is a bull excuse, as it does phase - At least Argent Dawn EU does.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    I don’t believe they do. There was a bug that made them in the beginning of Legion, but it has since been fixed, as far as I’m aware.

https://eu.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/17612781358

https://twitter.com/BlizzardCS/statu...21474284535808
    That is cities, dear. Trust me, in the open world, there's still phasing. I play on Argent Dawn.

That's what Project60 is. HHHmmmm...

So these are people who are likely to roll on the new classic servers?

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Quote Originally Posted by Habanero-tan View Post
    Popular steamers like Sodapoppin, Asmongold, SonyD, Nmplol and others, and hundreds of viewers and the like started project 60 like two weeks ago. It's an attempt to recreate the Vanilla experience, which they got hyped about after the announcement at Blizzcon. The rules are basically as follows: You level any vanilla class (race doesn't matter), without using Heriloom/BOA gear, xp potions, etc. You can't mount until 40 / 60, you turn off exp at 60. You gear up in dungeons then progress through vanilla raids ( Molten Core> AQ20 > Blackwing Lair>AQ40.

They set other arbitrary rules, like you can't level professions past 300, you can only bring 6 or 7 people to a raid. I may have missed some other details, but I haven't participated in this, so I don't know it all exactly. I know on Friday, they're starting Project 70, which is essentially the same thing as Project 60, but just with Burning Crusade content.

Hoped this help, mate.
    This activity that players have been doing for years suddenly has a catchphrase associated with it? Jesus christ.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Seems pointless to me to do on Legion servers with the tuning/xp curve.

Now if it was Ironman 60, it'd be a lot better already

Naked 60 = 4000 hp, meanwhile damage skyrocketed, while monster health got like halved.

In true vanilla noone had 10000 health unbuffed, now any 60 in some blues and especially epics reaches that easily.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Habanero-tan View Post

Hoped this help, mate.
    Great summary - thanks for posting it. Sounds interesting. I for one won't be participating, having leveled two toons through vanilla to lvl 60 raiding. But it's cool they are finally doing it for all those that have asked for it (or that they are thinking about doing it).

this sounds cool to me, as someone who plays with exp capped characters from time to time i am truly intrigued by the community this has started

plus its cool to see how much more interesting and challenging the game used to be considering AQ40 is ran with 7 people