Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by voidkt View Post
    Clearly you do mind the elitism because you've complained about it already in your post a couple back. There are many people who just don't want it and it's because they don't want any changes, period. They want Blizzard to literally pick a patch # and set it to exactly what it was.

It has nothing to do with a slippery slope.

And the people who are most vocal against it are doing so because people like you are asking for it; welcome to the toxicity the OP was talking about... enjoy classic, I know I will.
    I'll be playing the game regardless of what happens because I won't be playing it as 90% of the players will, take my time without guides to hold my hand. That said, you are naive if you think the game will be released like that.

The game will have QoL changes. Flightpaths, group maker and changes to unviable class trees are things I'm very confident about that will be in there. It's amusing to see people think it will just be a patch selection and be done with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeilon View Post
    There aren't more, they are just more connected to a wider audiance so you are more likely to run into one. People played nice for the same reason we sometimes do at work.
    There are more. Maybe not by Percentage. But in Numbers there are more.

If you have 100 Asshats per Realm. Then with Classic you had to Ignore 100 Asshats, and be done.
    But as soon as you open up the Ability to connect to 20 realms you have 2000 Asshats to add to your Ignore List. Thats 20 times the Asshats you can be grouped up with/encounter.

Edit:
    I'll be playing the game regardless of what happens because I won't be playing it as 90% of the players will, take my time without guides to hold my hand.
    Thats actually what made Classic so Awesome in my Opinion. But what made it so awesome is that almost everybody (At least on the server I played) played like that. Sure there were the few who knew everything.

But playing with just mouth Propaganda for stuff was kinda awesome.
    Like for example Onyxia, nobody really know what exactly she did, when and why. Just some weird halfknowing.
    Today, this would be entirely unacceptable. But again, this unknowing cant be brought back.

Today I exactly know what Onyxia does. And how she works, or where to get my Loot,Quests,Attunements. This cant be taken back without changing the game.
    Last edited by LanToaster; 2017-11-22 at 11:59 AM.

I'll be playing the game regardless of what happens because I won't be playing it as 90% of the players will, take my time without guides to hold my hand. That said, you are naive if you think the game will be released like that.

The game will have QoL changes. Flightpaths, group maker and changes to unviable class trees are things I'm very confident about that will be in there. It's amusing to see people think it will just be a patch selection and be done with it.
    I'm not naive at all, I never said it's what I expected or even wanted. There was a post I made on here shortly after the announcement where I stated my views regarding QoL changes only because I thought many would simply not play without them. My views on that have since changed, not because I think people will actually like vanilla the way it was but, because of things Blizzard has said like when Ion gave that interview and said essentially vanilla is going to be vanilla.

Do you honestly think a group maker and class changes are coming to classic? Kind of ironic to be speaking about naivety... But anyway, you've just proven the slippery slope people correct yet again. Pretty much every person I see asking for live models in classic also want many other changes as well.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zepp View Post
    Blizzard opened a can of worms with this whole classic WoW reveal. Huge mistake. The so called "vanillia" players are some of the most vile neckbeard trolls I've seen in my gaming life. Why would anyone in his right mind want to play in such toxic atmosphere? Ubelievable.

Bad decision, this whole classic will be a downfall of Blizz and a useless money sponge.

They should drop it when they still have time. Let kids and retards sit on unofficial servers.
    Using a toxic cesspool of a topic to call others toxic.

I R O N Y
    Dragonflight: Grand Marshal Hottage
    PC Specs: Ryzen 7 7800X3D | ASUS ROG STRIX B650E-I | 32GB 6000Mhz DDR5 | NZXT Kraken 120
    Inno3D RTX 4080 iChill | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB | NZXT H200 | Corsair SF750 | Windows 11 Pro
    Razer Basilisk Ultimate | Razer Blackwidow V3 | ViewSonic XG2730 | Steam Deck 1TB OLED

Deleted
    I'm not naive at all, I never said it's what I expected or even wanted. There was a post I made on here shortly after the announcement where I stated my views regarding QoL changes only because I thought many would simply not play without them. My views on that have since changed, not because I think people will actually like vanilla the way it was but, because of things Blizzard has said like when Ion gave that interview and said essentially vanilla is going to be vanilla.

Do you honestly think a group maker and class changes are coming to classic? Kind of ironic to be speaking about naivety... But anyway, you've just proven the slippery slope people correct yet again. Pretty much every person I see asking for live models in classic also want many other changes as well.
    I want a lot of things, doesn't mean I'll be bitching if it doesn't go my way, AS I SAID. I'll be playing it regardless of how it is sold. I just know they will not let some classes go live as they were in Vanilla...or to be specific, I'm confident in it.

Lol you guys are talking about a couple of bad people here and there and blacklisting them. That's not what this guy is talking about. If any of you actually played during vanilla you would know that, by today's standards at least, the general population was far more "toxic" across the board. In fact, there's a lot of shit I remember, that was pervasive, which would easily get reported and suspended if that kind of behavior was replicated today. The game wasn't innocent in this, it helped foster that environment. Just like how games like EVE are made in such a way that they foster a climate of cutthroat "toxicity".

He's not wrong, if they put out a carbon-copy of vanilla and a lot of the same people come back I can almost guarantee the atmosphere will be the same. But then again, it wasn't really that bad; there are and were far worse communities out there.
    Sounds like you and I had completely opposite experiences (or memories) of what the community was like in Vanilla compared to now.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawg View Post
    Sounds like you and I had completely opposite experiences (or memories) of what the community was like in Vanilla compared to now.
    Or his own presence simply brings out the worst in people. I never had really bad experiences in vanilla. People were generally really nice and helpful, at least if you behaved and were polite yourself. There were people who got into trouble and got a lot of flak, but it was often very deserved. Self-centered and obnoxious behavior gets you expelled from whatever group you tended to try to be a part of.

I feel like, "what people want" is a dangerous thing. Essentially, most of the time.
    What people cry for, is not exactly what they want. I also remember seeing a Post here where someone in detail explained that.

Many people dont really have the farsight (I´m not saying all, but many) to see beyond the immediate "Cool" factor. Or see what else would change when something specific gets changed.

However talk is good, I think (even though many of the discussions turn quite fast quite toxic) blizzard can take something from them.

But in the end, I can see blizzard adding all the visual improvments to classic. (With a Toggle maybe)

Do you honestly think someone won't make a group finder addon similar to Oqueue?

Maybe Blizzard break it but I seriously doubt that someone won't do it.

Deleted
    Vanilla isn't comparable to Eve. It's way more akin to a very light Everquest. You find griefers and assholes like in any other place,.but the game doesn't foster those attitudes.

Comparing Eve to classic, pure sandbox to streamlined themepark should had ringed some bell about how stupid that comparison is.

I want a lot of things, doesn't mean I'll be bitching if it doesn't go my way, AS I SAID. I'll be playing it regardless of how it is sold. I just know they will not let some classes go live as they were in Vanilla...or to be specific, I'm confident in it.
    Ion's exact words were essentially "we know vanilla means vanilla", "that means some of the rough edges and some of the inconveniences", "it's not about changing that", "the discussion is about which version of vanilla". I don't know how you can listen to that and think: class changes, lfg tools, other misc QoL changes, etc...

Deleted
    Ion's exact words were essentially "we know vanilla means vanilla", "that means some of the rough edges and some of the inconveniences", "it's not about changing that", "the discussion is about which version of vanilla". I don't know how you can listen to that and think: class changes, lfg tools, other misc QoL changes, etc...
    Because..a business goal is to make money. Making a 100% vanilla server will earn them less...simple as that.

Because..a business goal is to make money. Making a 100% vanilla server will earn them less...simple as that.
    And all the people that want to play with QoL changes and class balance are the people that live caters to. This project was specifically started to cater to those high on pure vanilla nostalgia, which is a proven audience albeit not that big. The moment they start straying from that, they please nobody.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Do you honestly think someone won't make a group finder addon similar to Oqueue?

Maybe Blizzard break it but I seriously doubt that someone won't do it.
    If I'm not mistaken, oQueue was a cross-realm group finder built as a kind of mesh network using the battle.net api. Not possible in vanilla as there is no cross-realm and no battle.net api. Now something local to a server might be possible, utilizing some kind of chat channels in the background. I'm not quite sure as I'm not very familiar with the api going back that far and the changes from patch to patch.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Perkunas View Post
    Can you not?
    Second liberal snowflake detected!

I'll cheerfully put up my hand as a neckbearded troll because I have to admit to reality.

I look a lot like a troll and I'm sure my beard is on my neck since it is about 3\4 of the way down my chest.

I'm going to love playing in 'such a toxic atmosphere' because those that make it so toxic can gtfo of my guild groups and won't be able to name change to escape their reputation.
    When I was younger I used to hope bad things wouldn't happen.
    Now I just hope they're at least funny when they do.

maybe blizz will discontinue vanilla WoW because of one guy's thread
    hit & run posting lol

How elitist do you have to be, that you would have issues with a visual option you can toggle on or off that allows people to play the game the way they like. I understand (not agree) when they want the vanilla gameplay untouched....but visuals?
    Ehhhhhhh please educate yourself on the topics you argue BEFORE you spew garbage, thanks.
    Go google WOD topics about the then-new models.. the Night Elf Male posture and walking style for example were TOTALLY different to the point Blizzard had to rethink them and change them to represent the old character behavior more.
    If that isn't a big change for you, then there's no point in replying to you anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by LanToaster View Post
    Also, saying a visual representation of your Character that may move a bit different will change the game where you are "Nothing close to Vanilla", makes it sound (for me) you dont really know what Vanilla is all about.

Especially if you compare adding Aesthetics to Classic with playing retail without heirlooms. *laughs*
    But again, in my opinion most of the "atmosphere" of Classic cant be brought back anyway. Because player know stuff.
    Please read my response above to the other poster. If you don't know your shit, don't write here please.
    Also my then-level 60 rogue and paladin say hi, go tell them I didn't play vanilla lmao. Get a load of this guy. I really know what vanilla was about for me, and what we argue about here was definitely part of that.

My example for retail without heirlooms is not the best, but it seriously gives all the "vanilla enhancers" a chance to get what they want and not ruin the real vanilla experience for the rest of us.
    VISUALS are a good part of what made vanilla vanilla, jaggy low-res textures on characters,weapons and zones are what we can see as authentic and real.. back then they seemed like THE SHIT but nowadays I (and many others) would like to see our then-favorite game in its real style and quality, high-poly char would break that immersion for a lot of us.
    As I said earlier, you can't implement the new models without the new movements and postures, it simply doesn't work, if you need to have that repeated then you have memory/reading comprehension issues.
    Last edited by Azurenys; 2017-11-22 at 12:58 PM.
    Intel i7-10700k | ASUS ROG STRIX Z490-F GAMING
    ASUS ROG STRIX RTX 2080 Ti | 2x 8GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 2400Mhz
    A-Data SSD SP920 256GB | Seagate 1TB 7200rpm | NZXT Kraken x62
    Fractal Design Define R6 TG | be quiet! Dark Power Pro 11 650W | Asus ROG Swift PG279Q
    Razer: Blackwidow Elite | Basilisk Ultimate | Nari Ultimate| Firefly | NZXT Hue+

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    As long as it weeds out the non dedicated loot entitled players i'll be happy to play Classic and enjoy the game for what it is

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Armourboy View Post
    I'm always amused that people don't believe the same toxicity doesn't exist in their group. Here is a hint, every group has bad apples, always have and always will.
    I don't know. People are pretty dam chill on Aussie realms. But then again we Aussies are pretty chill anywhere. When ever I group with Americans they always seem to be arguing and raging at each other.
    Last edited by Airwaves; 2017-11-22 at 01:08 PM.
    Aye mate

Quote Originally Posted by Zepp View Post
    Blizzard opened a can of worms with this whole classic WoW reveal. Huge mistake. The so called "vanillia" players are some of the most vile neckbeard trolls I've seen in my gaming life. Why would anyone in his right mind want to play in such toxic atmosphere? Ubelievable.
    I can see how an entitled millennial who won't be able to survive in a social based MMO would think that. It makes me chuckle actually.