Page 15 of 30 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    I have to say, it is nice to see all these threads discussing vanilla and classic bla bla bla, but here is the elephant in the room:

It is unclear when classic servers will arrive. There is a pretty good chance this will take a year or more than that.

I am just wondering when specifically all the enthusiasm will start turning into "WTF, how long do we have to wait?". I give it 6 months.
    I suspect we will get Classic within 6 months. As they said... they already have it working... which means they have it on current hardware and people who know how to set it up. They will hire a team, get the servers up.. and boom! Classic for the Legion lull.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maudib View Post
    Not really. These people are trolls and Legion babies who want to try vanilla. Blizzard isn't going to change a solitary thing about the engine, mechanics, gameplay.
    Do..
    Not...
    Worry!
    Oh nice, now we have Legion babies just as we had Wrath babies!
    #1 Hype-Thread Shitposter - Overlord of the Hypethread

Not really. These people are trolls and Legion babies who want to try vanilla. Blizzard isn't going to change a solitary thing about the engine, mechanics, gameplay.
    Do..
    Not...
    Worry!
    Please dont spread utter BS.

They want to make the experience close to Vanilla as possible. But they will have to make changes to the engine to make it work well on current operating systems and hardware. They will also have to fix any bugs/exploits that could make the experience for players shit.

As for gameplay and mechanics they will try to emulate Vanilla as best they can. Do no expect a 1:1 ratio copy of Vanilla. Hell Vanilla had so many changes during its lifetime they are not sure what they will do yet and how they will approach it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    So what if the majority of classic supporters do want chocolate chips or strawberry syrup on their vanilla?
    that's impossible! literally anyone who leveled a priest 55-60 and had this "y r not holy tho?" bullshit when finding a group would definitely love to experience again. Literally.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    You guys sound like a cult. I wonder how long its going to take for a classic player to blow up a school filled with retail players while shouting VANILLA IS GREAT LONG LIVE THE COMMUNITY!
    -1 week, as in minus one week. Since it pretty much happened already on RP realms with project 60. Them just invading and terrorizing a community that was minding it's own business. The Project 60 people are currently the only representation of the classic playerbase we have in game (they are doing the project 60 to promote older content and make fun of retail)

Quote Originally Posted by khalltusk View Post
    Please dont spread utter BS.

They want to make the experience close to Vanilla as possible. But they will have to make changes to the engine to make it work well on current operating systems and hardware. They will also have to fix any bugs/exploits that could make the experience for players shit.

As for gameplay and mechanics they will try to emulate Vanilla as best they can. Do no expect a 1:1 ratio copy of Vanilla. Hell Vanilla had so many changes during its lifetime they are not sure what they will do yet and how they will approach it.
    It doesn't have to be changed at all to work with "current operating systems"... I am currently playing both Vanilla and BC on windows 10.

They already have it running on their server infrastructure, they said so.

The game isn't getting changed.. at all. They have a FULL set of builds archived, and a complete bug list that was fixed in each patch. If any diversion from 204 happens, it will be to patch vulnerabilities and exploits at launch... but nothing that changes the game one iota.

You will see.

It doesn't have to be changed at all to work with "current operating systems"... I am currently playing both Vanilla and BC on windows 10.

The game isn't getting changed.. at all. They have a FULL set of builds archived, and a complete bug list that was fixed in each patch. If any diversion from 204 happens, it will be to patch vulnerabilities and exploits at launch... but nothing that changes the game one iota.

You will see.
    You're having a giraffe if you think they will simply let you play the old client with no changes to its engine to make it run better on mordern systems. If they "already" have it running where is the source for said comment? From what I know they said it will be a big undertaking and that they are still building the team. Having the archives of the previous builds doesnt just mean they run it and its good to go.

They have to make the servers work on the new hardware that they will host it on for a start as well.

There will be changes but those wont be the ones that affect the experience in any negative way. I said that they will change the games back end to make it work better. Which is what will happen, just because you have some pirated version of the game that happens to work on your system does not mean it will work for everyone. There is this thing called testing. It needs to be done.

7+ Year Old Account
    None of that is true. A bunch of people want to do project 60 to have fun, and a bunch of trolls are following them... They can't control that.
    And they would follow them to classic, especially if it's bundled with the regular sub. A lot of them already follow to other games you need to pay for.
    Also none of the people doing it are attempting to "make fun of retail"

Which doesn't make any sense anyways, because they are playing and paying for retail..
    Yes it does. Especially the first time around they did Project 60, 70 (unsure if 80 happened). Sodapoppin, one of the "founders" of the whole Project thing was going around saying how they're showing everybody that this outdated content is piss easy and can now be done with a group 5-10 times smaller on the appropriate level. Also during current project 60 making fun of drops from quests and mobs during leveling, how "back in his days" it was different and so on. I heard other streamers are doing the same but wont name any names since I only watched his part of that.

And the people joining Project 60 are following them are also going in with that mindset and negatively affecting a community that usually minds their own business to a point where blues needed to make a statement about it.

- - - Updated - - -

I mean they stated that it needed changes in order to work on modern servers. So the version they are running is either already modified server-side at least which would also need some engine changes, or their internal test server is a separate old server unit they still had lying around. But doing it on a bigger scale isn't possible without changing how the servers work to be host-able on modern servers, and that would probably inturn require client side changes.

And even if this is a change not visible to us but just how the client and server work internally, it's still a change. So 0% is pretty inaccurate unless you are willing to pay for expensive outdated server hardware.

You're having a giraffe if you think they will simply let you play the old client with no changes to its engine to make it run better on mordern systems. If they "already" have it running where is the source for said comment? From what I know they said it will be a big undertaking and that they are still building the team. Having the archives of the previous builds doesnt just mean they run it and its good to go.

They have to make the servers work on the new hardware that they will host it on for a start as well.

There will be changes but those wont be the ones that affect the experience in any negative way. I said that they will change the games back end to make it work better. Which is what will happen, just because you have some pirated version of the game that happens to work on your system does not mean it will work for everyone. There is this thing called testing. It needs to be done.
    Actually they have stated they have a build up and running to be able to look back at, now what that looks like and how playable it is would just be a guess.

Which is what will happen, just because you have some pirated version of the game that happens to work on your system does not mean it will work for everyone. There is this thing called testing. It needs to be done.
    What I have is not pirated... it is the game supplied to me by Blizzard. It already "runs better" than then because it is on an I7 instead of Core2Duo. It is running on 50 and 100 megabit internet access instead of 34k dialup or 2 megabit cable. (Source: https://www.comscore.com/Insights/Pr...ownload-Speeds )

The same client that ran in 2004 runs amazing with todays hardware and bandwidth. If anything THAT, in and of itself, will change the experience to a degree.

So no. No changes necessary.

Here is a really good article: http://www.pcgamer.com/this-is-how-b...a-wow-servers/

“We think we have a way to run the Classic servers on the modern technical infrastructure,” Brack said. “The infrastructure is how we spin up instances and continents, how the database works. It’s those core fundamental pieces, and running two MMOs of that size is a daunting problem. But now we think we have a way to have the old WoW version work on the modern infrastructure and feel really good.”

Quote Originally Posted by hmzlol View Post
    Classic servers are for people who enjoy classic vanilla experience and nothing else. Retail players has nothing to do with current vanilla state of affairs. Entitled retail players you should stop with your irrelevant demands, you add zero value to the conversation.

Anyway, the love is real. Former Team Lead of Classic WoW. Mark Kern, and his Open Letter to Blizzard Entertainment.

[video=youtube;60CXk503QsQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=60CXk503QsQ[video]

[IMG]https://i.imgur.com/pmyQZmn.jpg[iMG]
    Sorry, to break it to you, but we aren't going to get Vanilla. We are getting a rendition of it. There is just no way that Blizzard will release servers and clients as they were. They are going to implement modern optimizations, bug fixes, current engine/graphics, anti-cheat, etc. It may be close to vanilla, but it won't be vanilla, it'll be classic.

I don't think most retail players give a single fuck about classic. I played vanilla...during vanilla. I don't need to go back fourteen years.

What I have is not pirated... it is the game supplied to me by Blizzard. It already "runs better" than then because it is on an I7 instead of Core2Duo. It is running on 50 and 100 megabit internet access instead of 34k dialup or 2 megabit cable. (Source: https://www.comscore.com/Insights/Pr...ownload-Speeds )

The same client that ran in 2004 runs amazing with todays hardware and bandwidth. If anything THAT, in and of itself, will change the experience to a degree.

So no. No changes necessary.

Here is a really good article: http://www.pcgamer.com/this-is-how-b...a-wow-servers/
    Thanks for the source. So they have to make changes to get it to work on their own server infrastructure. So changes will have to be made. Your own source states this. They will have to make changes to the client. Just because it works on your PC does not equal everyones PCs. They will run testing and bug fixes. This however does not mean Vanilla will be changed to something else. Its back end stuff.

Not sure why youre being so anal about this. You appear to be not understanding what I am saying. They will ensure the game runs on current PCs and software and make changes to the engine to ensure there are as few problems as possible. Same thing for on their own server hardware and network.

This does not mean they will be adding QOL etc. This is a separate issue that wont affect you in a negative way.

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    that's impossible! literally anyone who leveled a priest 55-60 and had this "y r not holy tho?" bullshit when finding a group would definitely love to experience again. Literally.
    my strong suspition is that they :
    a) never played vanilla so they have no clue how it was to not be bis spec
    b)they are trolling in order for those servers to fail horribly

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zomgzerg View Post
    good idea, it would be nice to get stamina intellect etc manual allocation back instead of the fake rpg retail vanilla became ^^
    lokey this is something I would LOVE to be in wow.

Quote Originally Posted by Scottyjscizzle View Post
    I don't think most retail players give a single fuck about classic. I played vanilla...during vanilla. I don't need to go back fourteen years.
    thing is ... some people never moved forward like you did

they are still in the same basement of their parents home like they were 14 years ago and dont plan to ever leave it

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    i mean, fuck russians for switching to russian realms instead of playing with 500 ping, right?
    There never was 500 ping unless you were playing from Far East

Quote Originally Posted by Scottyjscizzle View Post
    And you don't have to... you have Legion and BfA... enjoy... that...

Quote Originally Posted by Bjoramier of Lordaeron View Post
    You keep ignoring the fact that changing vanilla doesn't make it vanilla.

Keep responding because it's quite entertaining.

Thankfully blizzard agrees.

Blizzard doesn't agree with you luckily. Vanilla = Vanilla. Changes = Not Vanilla

0 changes or else it is an abomination of wow eras.
    You're literally proving Hitei's point...

I suspect we will get Classic within 6 months. As they said... they already have it working... which means they have it on current hardware and people who know how to set it up. They will hire a team, get the servers up.. and boom! Classic for the Legion lull.
    No chance in Hades.