Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Don't think they said BoP, but they said Divine Shield, because it lets you run through mechanics and not care about having to go around them.

Which is silly depending on the fight, setting off traps can still be bad.

I went and looked it up, they said "our Blessings", so I guess BoP would count, but they did go on to explain Freedom (which can be fair enough if the fight has snares)
    https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/...9187274?page=2
    Assuming freedom works on the snares in the encounter

Quote Originally Posted by maaghen View Post
    Assuming freedom works on the snares in the encounter
    That would mean hof is a snare removal (which it is), not mobility.
    We could just as well assume Cleanse/dispel is mobility(which is not), as it can remove certain snares.

Deleted
    Aaaand ofc the 2 set tier bonus deserved a 33% nerf

Quote Originally Posted by Stroggylos View Post
    What a surprise.

...... wtf? I guess they want us to be the bottom (or near the bottom) on dps? This makes no sense otherwise. And the 4-set will still not be desirable for any situation you're using Blade of Wrath. Wouldn't be surprised if they didn't fix the Divine Purpose 4-set bug, either. Awesome.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Canada, Northern Ontario (the French part)
    I mean, will it even matter? Also, see every other melee getting nerfed significantly worse than us anyway except Survival (like anyone plays it anyway) and Enhance...

Quote Originally Posted by xxcloud417xx View Post
    I mean, will it even matter? Also, see every other melee getting nerfed significantly worse than us anyway except Survival (like anyone plays it anyway) and Enhance...
    Yeah, it will matter, considering T20 4P is way ahead of T21 4P when using Blade of Wrath. Everyone would have been using the T21 2P, so it's just a straight nerf to every Ret. Every other melee does better in Tomb overall, so does it really matter if the tier they don't even have yet is nerfed more? No. It matters for us because we're at the bottom even with good T20 tier bonuses. Context is important.

Quote Originally Posted by xxcloud417xx View Post
    What are you talking about? Many melees are getting their set buffed...

Madness will consume you!!!

And now I'm beating myself up for not switching back to UH for Antorus... I mean what the hell is this. Unless they're going to make 4p t20 baseline (which will never happen), I can't understand this nerf or even this whole tier bonus.
    Quote Originally Posted by SourceOfInfection View Post
    Now instead of being pissed off at four people at a time, I can be pissed off at TWENTY FOUR people at a time. That's called efficiency, my little enchiladas.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ascius View Post
    And now I'm beating myself up for not switching back to UH for Antorus... I mean what the hell is this. Unless they're going to make 4p t20 baseline (which will never happen), I can't understand this nerf or even this whole tier bonus.
    Ret was never going to beat DKs so if dps was what you wanted I dont know why you dident go UH.

Also as for these changes my saying is you cant spell RETarded without ret

Quote Originally Posted by Saiako View Post
    Ret was never going to beat DKs so if dps was what you wanted I dont know why you dident go UH.

Also as for these changes my saying is you cant spell RETarded without ret
    The problem is not in beating in terms of DPS... it's being playable or somewhere decent. I switched to ret when UH, was insanely bad and how it was plagued by rng.
    Quote Originally Posted by SourceOfInfection View Post
    Now instead of being pissed off at four people at a time, I can be pissed off at TWENTY FOUR people at a time. That's called efficiency, my little enchiladas.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ascius View Post
    The problem is not in beating in terms of DPS... it's being playable or somewhere decent. I switched to ret when UH, was insanely bad and how it was plagued by rng.
    Ret was never decent in ToS it was always bad and pretty much all the logs with any good numbers on them have a lot of retribution up time hence either people failed or worse yet people failed FOR them to get those logs.

As for survial there is nothing that AMS cant counter as well as bubble can but with the added bonus of being 1 min CD vs a 5min (unless you talent DI) at least on all the mythic encounters in ToS.

Also its funny u mention RNG as highlords is BiS atm for ret and it makes it heavy RNG to even pull your crappy dps atm ofc it may be less RNG than UH but you wernt exactly removing RNG. Better question is why you dident go for a arms warrior they are better made ret pala atm the only reason I stuck to my ret is that I mained ret since I started raiding SSC/TK back in TBC and even now I barely log it at all apart from to do raids I spend most of my time on my lock or hunter now.

let's be frank, though: Ret destroys both uh and frost on any kind of type of cleave or aoe.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Storm the Sorrow View Post
    let's be frank, though: Ret destroys both uh and frost on any kind of type of cleave or aoe.
    Only boss I see rets having higher dmg on on than DKs in ToS is DI unless ofc you think warcraftlogs is full of shit. Not to mention even then the dps is close on all the fights with any cleave or aoe between the two classes

Only boss I see rets having higher dmg on on than DKs in ToS is DI unless ofc you think warcraftlogs is full of shit. Not to mention even then the dps is close on all the fights with any cleave or aoe between the two classes
    uh and frost have no aoe.
    It is as simple as that.

Only boss I see rets having higher dmg on on than DKs in ToS is DI unless ofc you think warcraftlogs is full of shit.
    But our cleave is crap...? Unless of course you think WoL is full of shit. According to their charts, our best fights are pure ST (Sisters, Maiden) without garbage anti-melee mechanics coughgorothcough, and mass AoE all day every day (Mistress), and the only one with a consistent cleave element where we do well is KJ, because he mercifully summons them on cue with our wings. Must be because he used to be a Paladin, so he knows what it's like.
    OMG 13:37 - Then Jesus said to His disciples, "Cleave unto me, and I shall grant to thee the blessing of eternal salvation."

And His disciples said unto Him, "Can we get Kings instead?"

Quote Originally Posted by Lumineus View Post
    But our cleave is crap...? Unless of course you think WoL is full of shit. According to their charts, our best fights are pure ST (Sisters, Maiden) without garbage anti-melee mechanics coughgorothcough, and mass AoE all day every day (Mistress), and the only one with a consistent cleave element where we do well is KJ, because he mercifully summons them on cue with our wings. Must be because he used to be a Paladin, so he knows what it's like.
    Ret aoe is crap exactly how?
    With Soul and Whispers you can unleash an ungodly amount of Storms, which is nothing to scoff at.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Canada, Northern Ontario (the French part)
    Quote Originally Posted by killwithpwr View Post
    What are you talking about? Many melees are getting their set buffed...
    Not any of the ones that matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Storm the Sorrow View Post
    With Soul and Whispers you can unleash an ungodly amount of Storms, which is nothing to scoff at.
    You should add a "no pun intended"

Quote Originally Posted by General Guderian View Post
    You should add a "no pun intended"
    I did not intend no puns.