Poll: How would you become a parent

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

10+ Year Old Account

What are the different ways you would want to parent?

What are the different ways you would want to parent?

What do you think about the different options?

Personally I would do the surrogate as a single father first.
    Last edited by Doctor Amadeus; 2017-11-22 at 06:50 AM.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    I wouldn't at all. That's why I have no kids, and I plan on keeping it that way. Too many people want to stick their nose in how everyone else raises their kids these days as well.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    With a Partner Through Birth.

Give birth. I have done it once already, would do again if I want another kid.

Already got kids that are grown up and spawning in their own bundles of tantrums / shitting everywhere...

It's fun, coz when we get to look after the grandchildren, we get them so excited, give them sweets and fizzy drinks, shake them up and down til they're over excited and hyper and give them back with a note saying "Told you We'd get revenge on you!!"...

Now they get to experience what it was like for us when they were growing up!!

In all seriousness though now they've grown up me and my lovely wife can finally get our lives back and go out and do stuff we want, when we want and not have to worrk about school runs, temper tantrums, throwing up in car, arguing over who is sitting by the window, etc.

Kids will make you bald, short tempered and looking old... Adopt a car or dog instead!!

I am childfree, so I'll probably only ever have animals. I've thought if I had the means (i.e. if I were rich) I would potentially be open to adopting adolescents who suddenly lost their parents and were forced into foster care, but that's about it. I don't have what it takes to care for infants or young children.
    "We must now recognize that the greatest threat of freedom for us all is if we go back to eating ourselves out from within." - John Anderson

We really wanted kids and then everything we thought was normal became rape or abuse and could land us in jail so we opted for pets instead.

Deleted
    I have had guardianship of my two younger sisters since they were 10 and 5 and was taking care of them before that, I really don't want another now that they're finally getting older. I know everyone says parenthood is difficult but the circumstances of me taking responsibility for them brought up a whole lot of problems that took many years and many therapy sessions to get to grips with. The last thing I need now is another little gremlin to have to worry about.

Until all people learn how to get along and not fight and play nice with each other, they don't deserve kids from me. I will abort anytime I happen to become pregnant. They don't get to use me or any of my offspring for their own desires until those desires are no longer harmful to everyone.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm a bit traditional on this part, so through love with a woman who will be my partner in life.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Like I did. With my wife. Only way for myself and she feels the same way. We had 3 kids, that is enough.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think surrogate for me, I think I can put up with having a kid more than perhaps another person, Option A would be with someone Option B would be on my own, however the other Option concerning Adoption is for sure something I would also consider.

I think a lot of kids go unwanted and need a place to feel safe, and loved, along with structure and a sense to belong to something if they choose, I think adoption can be one of the most rewarding selfless and beautiful things to share with another young human being.

With a partner, I believe it is important to have both a mother and father present throughout childhood.

with an iron fist

Two cats are enough, thank you very much

Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    most rewarding selfless
    If you are doing it to be rewarded, it's not a selfless act.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tota View Post
    If you are doing it to be rewarded, it's not a selfless act.
    Very true, but it can be an added bonus.