Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by kenthovind View Post
    We are not carnivores you balding atheist, go watch the netflix documentary "what the health". All carnivores were designed with sharp teeth and a jaw that's locked in place that can only go up and down, while herbivores were DESIGNED with a jaw that can go to the side for chewing plants. Humans could at no point eat and digest raw meat properly and never will no matter how many generations you feed raw zebra meat.

I stopped eating all animal products except chicken breast after I saw "what the health". Do yourself a favor and watch it too, oh wait, you're a capitalist slave who can't spare 1 hour to get educated.
    What The Health is sponsored bullshit, it takes exceptionally bad judgment to accept what they feed the viewers.

Quote Originally Posted by Najnaj View Post
    It isn't healthier/unhealthier than any other diet. Vegan is a rather broad concept. Perhaps it is slightly more complicated to live a healthy vegan life than a "normal" life.
    This is a point many people don't understand. It is necessary to be more specific than just asking if vegan is healthy, because you could eat Captain Crunch and Redbull all day and be considered vegan.

I think people don't really understand what a vegan diet is.

Most of the deficiencies people talk about are actually with a raw vegan diet which is different than a vegan diet.

As a vegan, I eat virtually identically to non vegans, I just substitute the meat and dairy with the faux meat and diary. The vast majority of the faux stuff has the same/similar nutrients as the real thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    Not you, that's who, because it's your funeral.

Fat people are in pain because they are fat, unless it's a trauma. Though even traumas can be caused by being fat.
    Why couldn't I pay for my own funeral? Do you seriously think people are unable to save enough money to pay for things?

Again, of course people who are in pain need pain medicine, regardless of why they are in pain. What are you, a sadist?

Quote Originally Posted by Strawberry View Post
    Bad question for an gaming forum. I hardly doubt there are any people here specialized in human biology
    You think doctors, nutritionists and scientists don't play games? I think you'd be surprised

i dont think it is, having to take supplements doesnt seem like a healthy life style to me.
    No sense crying over spilt beer, unless you're drunk...

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stretchie View Post
    You think doctors, nutritionists and scientists don't play games? I think you'd be surprised
    If they do, they rarely nerd it on a gaming forum.
    Surprise me.

Any doctors here?

Quote Originally Posted by Zmaniac17 View Post
    This is a point many people don't understand. It is necessary to be more specific than just asking if vegan is healthy, because you could eat Captain Crunch and Redbull all day and be considered vegan.
    depending on where that riboflavin is coming from captain crunch isn't vegan

Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    I think people don't really understand what a vegan diet is.

Most of the deficiencies people talk about are actually with a raw vegan diet which is different than a vegan diet.

As a vegan, I eat virtually identically to non vegans, I just substitute the meat and dairy with the faux meat and diary. The vast majority of the faux stuff has the same/similar nutrients as the real thing.
    If you are eating virtually identically to non vegans it is highly unlikely your diet is wholly vegan. The wide spread use of gelatin and whey alone cut your options down severely.

Quote Originally Posted by ryan92084 View Post
    depending on where that riboflavin is coming from captain crunch isn't vegan

If you are eating virtually identically to non vegans it is highly unlikely your diet is wholly vegan. The wide spread use of gelatin and whey alone cut your options down severely.
    No it is not likely. I don't eat gelatin. I also don't eat anything with whey or even casein. I've been vegan for awhile I actually know what i'm doing.

No it is not likely. I don't eat gelatin. I also don't eat anything with whey or even casein. I've been vegan for awhile I actually know what i'm doing.
    Right then your diet isn't "virtually identical" like I said. Average joe can go grab whatever brand of potato chips/breakfast cereal/candy/vitamins/etc/etc off the shelf and you can't/don't.

Right then your diet isn't "virtually identical" like I said. Average joe can go grab whatever brand of potato chips/breakfast cereal/candy/vitamins/etc/etc off the shelf and you can't/don't.
    No it is virtually identical. Maybe you don't understand the words used.

No it is virtually identical. Maybe you don't understand the words used.
    Definition of virtually
    1: almost entirely : nearly
    2: for all practical purposes virtually unknown

My statement stands. For all practical purposes your diet is not the identical to that of a non vegan. Your diet is not almost entirely identical to that of a non vegan.

I've been there, my wife has been there, and have friends that have been/are for 10+ years. No.

Definition of virtually
    1: almost entirely : nearly
    2: for all practical purposes virtually unknown

My statement stands. For all practical purposes your diet is not the identical to that of a non vegan. Your diet is not almost entirely identical to that of a non vegan.

I've been there, my wife has been there, and have friends that have been/are for 10+ years. No.
    Sigh.

almost.....important word.

Sorry., but virtually identical is accurate. It means almost identical. Not too mention I further qualified what I said by pointing out I sub the faux stuff for the real stuff.

I eat bbq bacon cheeseburgers. It's just the burger, bacon, cheese, buns, etc. are all vegan. Again, virtually identical.

I wasn't even gong after your use of faux products since that is the easiest (if not always the tastiest) part of going vegan. Its all the other pervasive little ingredients in products you wouldn't expect that kill your use of virtually or almost for me.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tota View Post
    Why couldn't I pay for my own funeral? Do you seriously think people are unable to save enough money to pay for things?
    All your savings will cease to be yours upon your death. Why are you even arguing about it?
    Again, of course people who are in pain need pain medicine, regardless of why they are in pain. What are you, a sadist?
    If people are in pain because they are fat - they need to do something about it rather than get a painkiller addiction on top of it. What are you, insane?
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    All your savings will cease to be yours upon your death. Why are you even arguing about it?

If people are in pain because they are fat - they need to do something about it rather than get a painkiller addiction on top of it. What are you, insane?
    Ok, so you are a sadist that would enjoy preventing people who are in pain from being able to access pain medicine, glad we cleared that up! Thankfully, there are not very many of you in the world that are out there attempting to get your jollys that way!

If people do not use the money that I gave them to pay for my funeral after I die, they can do that. Doesn't mean I didn't give them the money pay for my funeral, you silly sadist!
    Last edited by Total Crica; 2017-11-22 at 03:38 PM.

Sponsored by who? Not the criminal USA government and their drug companies at least. Provide links.

- - - Updated - - -

Wrong, everything designed. You'll find out the hardest way.

- - - Updated - - -

Yea, considering I was a meat lover until 2017. I stopped devouring animal products 95%. I only eat chicken breast as meat now. And keep dairy products to a minimum, the only dairy products I get inside me now are cheeses on pizzas.

Quote Originally Posted by 0123456789 View Post
    Whoops. Clearly should have googled that. Apparently seitan protein quality is not quite as bad as I though it was. I think of it as fast food because my crew usually fries it in a shit load of oil and serves it up similar to falafel. It's pretty much deep fried. There's tons of other ways to prepare it though, just like you can roast falafel in the oven instead of deep frying it..
    Haha yea, methods i've read about so far is baking it in the oven, steaming it or simmering it in vegetable broth. I've yet to make some since I can't find gluten flour where I live and I've been too lazy to order it on amazon, but it looks like a great protein source and since you can pretty much mix it with any spices you want or other ingredients like mushrooms, you can vary it quite a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Lane View Post
    Gluten-free typically isn't necessary unless you're celiac or have a measurable wheat sensitivity. Refined grains like white flour usually aren't health promoting, so maybe the benefits people see are due to eliminating those foods from their diet.

You can get sufficient protein from whole plant foods like beans and legumes. I don't want to assume gender, but there are several vegan athletes you can look up depending on your goals. Rich Roll is a popular one who does Ironman competitions.
    I'm female and I need about 120g of protein a day at minimum, due to running and weight training. I did the math and the amount of calories I would need to eat on a vegan diet in order to meet my protein needs exceeds my calorie needs per day. Feel free to math it out yourself and let me know how I can meet those needs on a vegan diet at 2,000 kcal a day or less.

There are vegan protein shakes but I don't want to get the majority of my protein from meal replacement shakes.

http://www.todaysdietitian.com/newar...60114p22.shtml are the guidelines I adhere to for protein needs.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Ok, so you are a sadist that would enjoy preventing people who are in pain from being able to access pain medicine
    You seem to be obsessed with sadism. There are two ways to remove pain: pain killers and removing the cause of pain. No one even suggested to remove pain killers from the equation before the cause of pain is removed. The issue here is that you prefer pain killers over removal of the cause for pain. Which is basically masochism.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side