Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

realms for accounts that played vanilla when it was current

Hello

Would you guys be very opposed to a couple of realms or 1 realm at least for purely people who actually played vanilla, where everything will cycle from the start with all the bugs and progress up to Naxx.
    Because I personally want to experience vanilla with people who properly understand why we enjoyed it and experienced it first hand and I suspect a lot of these vanilla fanboys didn't actually play vanilla and are only jumping on the hype train.
    Those guys don't know why it was special and they will never experience what us real vanilla people felt when we played.

Are this something you guys would like? Any opinion from people who didn't play vanilla don't matter.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Lol.....

Just, lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, and also:

Quote Originally Posted by Speedlance View Post
    Any opinion from people who didn't play vanilla don't matter.
    Yes is does

Played during the last part of classic, so i guess my opinion matters. noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

On a more serious not (not that the thread really warrants it). Playing with noobs is very much a huge part of the vanilla experience.
    Patch 1.12, and not one step further!

Played Vanilla for the final 6 months it was still current, so cant really say I did much of the end game, however have a pretty decent understanding about what it was like. This idea however just seems like special snowflake territory, sorry, I get you want to experience Vanilla with like minded players, but realize that 90 percent of these people will leave after the first month and go back to retail/quit...so your problem/suggestion will iron itself eventually after a rocky start. Calling it now.

The only reason vanilla was special was that it was the first mmorpg many played.

I came from Everquest for example, some came from Ultima and some from Daoc etc. Many who came from other mmos actually felt vanilla was kinda watered down and yes.... easy.

why do you assume to know how people properly enjoyed vanilla. do you know how many people played vanilla. maby not all people enjoyed the bugs infact in my opinion there were way more bad bug then good ones. dont get me started how you had to look up 90% of the quest locations online on thottbot or alikazam in hopes someone had direct knowledge of the location.

get off your high horse and go jump off a bridge.

Hello

Would you guys be very opposed to a couple of realms or 1 realm at least for purely people who actually played vanilla
    So all twenty of you?
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.

Quote Originally Posted by MMKing View Post
    Played during the last part of classic, so i guess my opinion matters. noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

On a more serious not (not that the thread really warrants it). Playing with noobs is very much a huge part of the vanilla experience.
    People want the great community back etc but that only exists with those who actually played during that time. This new generation doesn't have a clue what vanilla was about, which is my point.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    While I played US vanilla, my EU account I use for the last 9 years has not.

So that would lock me out of EU Classic realms you suggest?

Restricting servers like that is silly.

Quote Originally Posted by durrtygoodz View Post
    So all twenty of you?
    I think you underestimate how many loyal gamers are still playing wow.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Teri View Post
    While I played US vanilla, my EU account I use for the last 9 years has not.

So that would lock me out of EU Classic realms you suggest?

Restricting servers like that is silly.
    Nah it doesn't matter if you're eu or na, blizzard has tech that can easily identify whether or not you play going after order history on your sub.

No. I am not interested in dividing up players that never got to see it with those of us that did. I would like to experience it again with new players it can help make the game feel brand new all over again.

I'm sorry...do you actually want to be taken seriously, or are you just trolling right now?

Blizzard is a company, not a charitable organisation.

But I wouldn't mind that. It would let the rest of us play without toxic, self-centred players like yourself.

People want the great community back etc but that only exists with those who actually played during that time. This new generation doesn't have a clue what vanilla was about, which is my point.
    That 'great' community which is now being toxic, elitist and purist? That one?

15+ Year Old Account
    Hello

Would you guys be very opposed to a couple of realms or 1 realm at least for purely people who actually played vanilla, where everything will cycle from the start with all the bugs and progress up to Naxx.
    Because I personally want to experience vanilla with people who properly understand why we enjoyed it and experienced it first hand and I suspect a lot of these vanilla fanboys didn't actually play vanilla and are only jumping on the hype train.
    Those guys don't know why it was special and they will never experience what us real vanilla people felt when we played.

Are this something you guys would like? Any opinion from people who didn't play vanilla don't matter.
    A purist realm? I am all for it.
    Let vanilla players play together.
    The rest of the classic hijackers can have whatever fucking amalgamation they desire. Strange how this upsets them, they seriously just want to shit on everything though.
    “We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams.”

The "Vanilla community" sure keeps flaunting their superiority when it comes to grace, friendly attitude and inclusiveness...

Quote Originally Posted by Animalhouse View Post
    A purist realm? I am all for it.
    Let vanilla players play together.
    The rest of the classic hijackers can have whatever fucking amalgamation they desire. Strange how this upsets them, they seriously just want to shit on everything though.
    I played vanilla. I'm all for change. I'd love to party-crash...

then let us have our own realm which is not contaminated with people who don't understand.

7+ Year Old Account
    Separating players into specific groups is the best thing for the community.