Animal Crossing Pocket Camp now live.

It aint the New Leaf sequel folks want but better than dying like F Zero i guess.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    I’m surprised animal crossing is still a thing.

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post

It aint the New Leaf sequel folks want but better than dying like F Zero i guess.
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    Animal Crossing is actually pretty popular. The portable games (Wild World for the DS and New Leaf for the 3DS) sold over 11 million copies, the Gamecube version did over 2 million, City Folk for the Wii did over 4 million, spin-off Happy Home Designer did over 3 million, and amiibo Festival for the Wii U did about 1 million (most of the sales for it came from the packaged amiibo, since it was a free download).

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by johnhoftb View Post
    Animal Crossing is actually pretty popular. The portable games (Wild World for the DS and New Leaf for the 3DS) sold over 11 million copies, the Gamecube version did over 2 million, City Folk for the Wii did over 4 million, spin-off Happy Home Designer did over 3 million, and amiibo Festival for the Wii U did about 1 million (most of the sales for it came from the packaged amiibo, since it was a free download).
    I remember playing animal crossing on the game cube when I was younger it was fun but I wouldn’t have expected it to have such staying power.

15+ Year Old Account
    been waiting for this for awhile so far level 4 and its everything I had hoped it would be.

- - - Updated - - -

If anyone wants to add me as a friend on pocket camp my ID is 6198 9654 476

Sig by Elyssia "When you do things right people won't be sure you've done anything at all"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    It's a simple concept, and it has a lot to do for many gamer types. I dunno about this mobile version, but I don't see AC going away any time soon. In an industry full of war games, FPSs, MOBAs and MMOs, it's nice to have something calm and easy to settle down to once in a while.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    It's a simple concept, and it has a lot to do for many gamer types. I dunno about this mobile version, but I don't see AC going away any time soon. In an industry full of war games, FPSs, MOBAs and MMOs, it's nice to have something calm and easy to settle down to once in a while.
    I can agree with that though harvest moon has always been more of my cup of tea.

Eh hit level 11 and the game is honestly pretty boring. You don't do much besides help campers and decorate. It lacks the actual depth of a ac game
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Eh hit level 11 and the game is honestly pretty boring. You don't do much besides help campers and decorate. It lacks the actual depth of a ac game
    Thanks for that. I was wondering why I wasn't enjoying it.

I hope it does end up giving a Switch Animal Crossing game or even New Leaf, some more players.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh man, another microtransaction-to-skip-waiting filled mobile game.

How exciting.

Quote Originally Posted by johnhoftb View Post
    Thanks for that. I was wondering why I wasn't enjoying it.

I hope it does end up giving a Switch Animal Crossing game or even New Leaf, some more players.
    Like there's literally nothing to do. I'm not compelled to spend money to speed things up because there's nothing to do anyway. I don't want to help campers because all they want is bugs or fruit and then there is the decorating but you're limited on what other campers like for your crafting.

The entire inviting campers is counter intuitive too. In order to progress you need to invite campers but they'll only come if you have their style of furniture, specific furniture actually. Which is the OPPOSITE of decorating your way. You can't decorate how you want because then you'll never get campers. BUT THE GAME KNOWS THIS. So it gives you an auto place furniture this camper likes button in order to invite them then afterwards it'll remove it and turn your camp back to how it was for you. Terrible design because now you have to waste bells and materials to make furniture you don't want to invite campers then put the furniture away cause its ugly and now it's inn your inventory being useless

Honestly this game is trash. I thought amiibo crossing was the lowest this series could go but no it's this game. This is literally the opposite of what A.C. is
    Last edited by zito; 2017-11-23 at 04:25 AM.

I really do think this game has potential. It still has some of that Animal Crossing charm. Like when I gave one of the animals a fish and they told me they would make their famous chowder, once it became famous, because it was their first time making it. The dialogue almost made me feel like I was playing a standard Animal Crossing game for a moment.

And the cutscene that played afterwards was frankly adorable.

But the gameplay holds this game back.

once you start unlocking better stuff it takes longer and longer to craft. 2 days for the picnic area. Or you know 200 leaf coupons

except there's nothing to do so lulz back to pokemon

Why can't companies just make normal games for mobile instead of turning literally all of them into a tissue-thin layer over microtransactions? Its why I have no expectations for the upcoming Mabinogi mobile as much as I would like a sequel to mabinogi.

Quote Originally Posted by stellvia View Post
    Why can't companies just make normal games for mobile instead of turning literally all of them into a tissue-thin layer over microtransactions? Its why I have no expectations for the upcoming Mabinogi mobile as much as I would like a sequel to mabinogi.
    Retention really. Thats about it. Traditional game playing audiences dont like mobage and have a falloff rate of days iff not hours.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nintendo is breaking my heart

why cant it be Switch game

I just want goldie as my neighbor again

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    Nintendo is breaking my heart

why cant it be Switch game

I just want goldie as my neighbor again
    They have to know at this point, not a single direct goes by without "ANIMAL CROSSING FOR SWITCH COME ON!" because new leaf feels like ten years ago at this point and even had an amiibo rerelease.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    They have to know at this point, not a single direct goes by without "ANIMAL CROSSING FOR SWITCH COME ON!" because new leaf feels like ten years ago at this point and even had an amiibo rerelease.
    I just want my neighbors back on a device I like

Give back Mitzi and Goldie!