View Poll Results: Did you go premium?

Voters
127. This poll is closed
  • Hell yeah, the site deserves support!

27 21.26%
  • Nah man, that's like 3 burritos a year! Fuck web developers!

100 78.74%
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    After the malware I got from this site, they owe me money so no to buying a”premium service”

The Lightbringer GKLeatherCraft's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Axelhander View Post
    The only way I'll support Premium is if it leads to nazis getting perma-banned.
    What are you talking about?

Quote Originally Posted by zoefschildpad View Post
    This site is the reason I installed adblock because it autoplays video ads when a tab has been open for a while (and it still did as of last week). I don't have a problem with paying to remove ads, but I won't be bullied into it and randomly playing videos is unacceptable.
    This is exactly the same for me. I never used adblocker until this site started autoplaying ads and videos in tabs I wasn't currently using. Go to any site and your ad block covers up what, 12 or so, usually less? Here I consistently see 50 ads blocked. Fuck this sites aggressive ads, and I will always block their income, and I will never give them a dime.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    Right click, add it to whatever ad-block extension your using and viola, its gone.

I left their premium advertisement up at first but its getting more intrusive by the day. so gone it went.
    Funny how it followed the same path as the advertisements on this site.
    That helped, but sadly I can't get the bottom left one (now the far right) to disappear, since it will also remove the entire section of the recent posts.

But it's much better now that like 2/3rds of it is gone instantly, the other disappears after 1-2 seconds. Thanks for the tip

I have been coming to this site for years. Their information is helpful, reliable, and frequent. After weighing the options, I decided that $9 a year is a reasonable price to pay to help support a site that I have been visiting often for a really long time.

Quote Originally Posted by docterfreeze View Post
    The best source of WoW information and discussion other than the official forums, been using it for years. They can have some money.
    Right? I don't get some people's skinflint mentality.

I do get the points about the obnoxious adds though - I've been a vocal detractor before. As I said, up until premium this was one of the few sites I felt compelled to use script blocker for.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

lol yea no
    "I'm not stuck in the trench, I'm maintaining my rating."

I'm tempted to, maybe that money could go to some half-decent people to perform the service we're not supposed to talk about.

10+ Year Old Account
    When shitty adds stop popping up every other day maybe I'll think about it

Quote Originally Posted by oplawlz View Post
    Right? I don't get some people's skinflint mentality.

I do get the points about the obnoxious adds though - I've been a vocal detractor before. As I said, up until premium this was one of the few sites I felt compelled to use script blocker for.
    Having intrusive ads and then charging to remove said intrusive ads is a super scummy move and completely not ok.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    Having intrusive ads and then charging to remove said intrusive ads is a super scummy move and completely not ok.
    I see where you're coming from. I feel that it's attributing malice to a problem better explained by incompetence though. Curse uses a super shitty add service - this has been true and known for a very long time. It's not something that Chaud or whoever can influence directly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

I reject all current forms of advertisement until the entire marketing field can drop the anti-consumerism tactics.

They can start by making ads relevant and continue by making them non-intrusive. Not to mention I bet the godaddy domain bill for this place is 5$ a year.

Also, unsolicited ads can legitimately die in a fire.
    There is absolutely no basis for individual rights to firearms or self defense under any contextual interpretation of the second amendment of the United States Constitution. It defines clearly a militia of which is regulated of the people and arms, for the expressed purpose of protection of the free state. Unwillingness to take in even the most basic and whole context of these laws is exactly the road to anarchy.

I don't see the point of paying for this.

I can do this by myself:
    1. Open bloc note.
    2. Write about something completely wrong, or voice an opinion like it matters or link some bullshit about marriage and pregnancy and politics.
    3. Reply to myself in an inflammatory way.
    4. Get offended and reply back with something that makes less sense than the first post.
    5. Lose myself in a spiral of stupidity.

Why would u pay for mmoc. Isnt it owned by curse and probably now twitch since it bought curse.

Yeah twitch is hurting for money donate plz. Fucking please

its funny we dont see any admins posting here in support of the website.

Quote Originally Posted by ONCHEhap View Post
    I'll pay for MMO-C when it stops being a SJW bastion

Hopefully I don't get infracted by Endus for saying that
    U will. He knows

15+ Year Old Account
    I am all for supporting to stop ads.

Congress seriously needs to get involved in creating STRICT standards and stiff penalties to creators of malicious content and agencies that push such content.

https://blog.malwarebytes.com/101/20...-beat-bad-ads/

"Here’s a scary number: 1.3 billion. That’s the monthly traffic of msn.com, which was hit by a malvertising campaign earlier this year. Here’s an even scarier number: 70 percent. That’s the estimated amount of malvertising campaigns that deliver ransomware as a payload. What’s 70 percent of millions and millions of pageviews that cycle through the most popular websites each day? Far too much.

All this is to underscore the very real danger of malvertising. One of the basic tenets of cybersecurity is user awareness. If you practice safe browsing habits, you can protect yourself from a number of threats. But malvertising is a different beast. It hits you without your knowledge, often lives on reputable sites, and most of the time, delivers one of the most dangerous forms of malware today. Practice safe Internetting, and you could still be vulnerable."

The cost of malvertising is hard to quantify and is insanely high. It has been calculated by some to cost companies nearly 500 billion annually!

I have a guy on night crew who keeps getting a bitcoin miner through his chrome browser by visiting a site.
    Just got off the phone with his director to inform him what I am going to do next if this BS keeps happening.

Anyway, people should use adblockers like ublock origin (who don't sellout to whitelist) and NoScript (firefox) to keep their PCs secure.
    If advertisers don't like it tough shit. Until they can keep their industry respectable and reasonable, I hope they lose their ass.
    “We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams.”

Fix the moderation team and I might actually support the website.

Quote Originally Posted by oplawlz View Post
    So now that we finally have the premium feature which so many people said would get them to stop blocking the site (and for a very reasonable price), how many of you put your money where your mouth is and pitched in?
    I can't speak for other people, but I don't run adblock... I do run NoScript though.

If ads are simple images, I'll see them. If they're script laden bollocks, they won't load. Advertisers can decide if they want me to see their content by choosing responsible ad design.

The problem for myself isn't that ads exist, but what they do.
    Premium is not fixing the core problem, it is paying to get rid of the problem.
    And that is very different from paying because you support the site.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.