Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoka Inumuta View Post
    No, and also:

Yes is does
    Why should it matter?

Think of it as reenacting an old battle where Muskets were still used.
    Now you have a person showing up saying we should use AR-15 to relive the fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Hunterwep View Post
    Why should it matter?

Now you have a person showing up saying we should use AR-15 to relive the fight.
    That analogy's shit and you know it.

<----Played Vanilla.

In a word, no.

People really need to stop trying to hold the fact that they played Vanilla over other people's heads, imo.

Quote Originally Posted by babyback View Post
    The only reason vanilla was special was that it was the first mmorpg many played.

I came from Everquest for example, some came from Ultima and some from Daoc etc. Many who came from other mmos actually felt vanilla was kinda watered down and yes.... easy.
    I came from EQ also. wow is jokemode versus what we came from lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hunterwep View Post
    Why should it matter?

It matters because because why would Blizzard cater to minority group that would want this?
    Also as another person has said: your analogy is bad.

Yeah, let all the trash stack up in a single place.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by callipygoustp View Post
    Separating players into specific groups is the best thing for the community.
    Those realms will be retard magnet. Let them play there. I'd definitely support it, if Blizzard ever decides to implement.

Quote Originally Posted by callipygoustp View Post
    Separating players into specific groups is the best thing for the community.
    Separating people like the OP from the Live Wow community is a great move on blizzard's part.

I'm definitely getting more excited for Classic Servers everyday.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bryroo View Post
    Separating people like the OP from the Live Wow community is a great move on blizzard's part.
    Completely agree.

Quote Originally Posted by bryroo View Post
    I'm definitely getting more excited for Classic Servers everyday.
    Same.

I've been playing on Nostalrius' successor for almost a year. I raided more than you and understand Vanilla better than you.

Kindly shut up.

You sound ridiculous.. i played WoW closed beta/beta/vanilla and every xpac since. I do not want to "EXPERIENCE" the bugs. Vanilla was great for the time, and classic will be great as well but changes ARE needed if blizzard wants it to be successful. Bugs are something NO ONE wants. Some quality of life fixes will also help (ones that won't hurt gameplay or experience). You should be relinquished of your ability to post man..

Would bugs and all include days/weeks of realms being down? I mean, I did enjoy that time realms were down for an entire week and they gave everyone who wasn't 60 4 levels worth of rested. Helped with that last push when you run out of quests.
    And I saw, and behold, a pale horse: and he that sat upon him, his name was Death; and Hades followed with him. And there was given unto them authority over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with famine, and with death, and by the wild beasts of the earth.

7+ Year Old Account
    I played original vanilla and am on the side of purists, but no this idea is silly.

Plus we experienced vanilla players need retail noobs to guide and teach about the game. We need to open arms to towards honestly curious about vanilla (and not the hateful retail players who want to ruin vanilla any way they can).

Quote Originally Posted by Chrisxor View Post
    I came from EQ also. wow is jokemode versus what we came from lol.
    That's because WoW was seen as the casual MMO from day 1, I also played EQ but I had a good feeling that WoW was going to steamroll EQ so I made the switch day 1 of Vanilla's launch. No question it was far easier than what we experienced in EQ, UO, DAoC and the other mmos out at the time.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post
    I've been playing on Nostalrius' successor for almost a year. I raided more than you and understand Vanilla better than you.

Kindly shut up.
    lol, what? speed clearing MC in a Vanilla-Like experience isn't the same as playing 12 years ago, but hey whatever floats your boat.

Just another thread where someone claims all Vanilla veterans want the same thing, as if we're some hive mind.

7+ Year Old Account
    You didn't have to play vanilla to value the community and difficulty of vanilla. After only playing retail, I started on Elysium about 6 months ago and have cleared content with a super friendly guild. It may not be the same as someone who started in the beginning, but i think i have enough of a grasp on the idea to get by. There are a lot more people like me than you think, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    That's because WoW was seen as the casual MMO from day 1, I also played EQ but I had a good feeling that WoW was going to steamroll EQ so I made the switch day 1 of Vanilla's launch. No question it was far easier than what we experienced in EQ, UO, DAoC and the other mmos out at the time.

- - - Updated - - -

lol, what? speed clearing MC in a Vanilla-Like experience isn't the same as playing 12 years ago, but hey whatever floats your boat.

Just another thread where someone claims all Vanilla veterans want the same thing, as if we're some hive mind.
    Yea our guild got beta keys and played prior to launch. Was cool. We moved over as a guild and played on Cenarius as Alliance. I never went back to EQ either. And lol at the guy talking about Nostalrius successor server. Nostralius and the server that popped up after is not vanilla.

Deleted
    Was in vanilla from day one (EU) to the end

This year, I tried the Elysium experience and it was quite fun, in my guild there were some dudes who actually never played at 60 (started after) and sometimes it was more fun to play with them than "true purists", you know the kind of guy who wants to let you know that he knows tons of shit about this game and you can't argue with or quite experienced guys but trapped in a eternal silence and playin solo...

Everyone is welcome, but imho for those who didn't play at that particular time, I mean most of them won't reach 60
    Last edited by mmoc860fcb4d54; 2017-11-22 at 09:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Speedlance View Post
    Hello

Would you guys be very opposed to a couple of realms or 1 realm at least for purely people who actually played vanilla, where everything will cycle from the start with all the bugs and progress up to Naxx.
    Because I personally want to experience vanilla with people who properly understand why we enjoyed it and experienced it first hand and I suspect a lot of these vanilla fanboys didn't actually play vanilla and are only jumping on the hype train.
    Those guys don't know why it was special and they will never experience what us real vanilla people felt when we played.

Are this something you guys would like? Any opinion from people who didn't play vanilla don't matter.
    That's what any/all of the classic servers will be. Who else do you think is going to play it?

Just to give you more bad ideas to make silly posts about, maybe you could have a test with questions like: "In what cave could you efficiently farm mats for nature resist pots and thorium ore at the same time?"

Hello

Would you guys be very opposed to a couple of realms or 1 realm at least for purely people who actually played vanilla, where everything will cycle from the start with all the bugs and progress up to Naxx.
    Because I personally want to experience vanilla with people who properly understand why we enjoyed it and experienced it first hand and I suspect a lot of these vanilla fanboys didn't actually play vanilla and are only jumping on the hype train.
    Those guys don't know why it was special and they will never experience what us real vanilla people felt when we played.

Are this something you guys would like? Any opinion from people who didn't play vanilla don't matter.
    Why it was enjoyed was in part due to the community, which your attitude is completely counter to.
    You are acting like an arrogant jerk.
    That you matter, but someone else does not.
    And that is something that no version of the game needs, live or the new classic.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Quote Originally Posted by Chrisxor View Post
    Yea our guild got beta keys and played prior to launch. Was cool. We moved over as a guild and played on Cenarius as Alliance. I never went back to EQ either. And lol at the guy talking about Nostalrius successor server. Nostralius and the server that popped up after is not vanilla.
    I wish I had moved over with people from EQ but I was getting burned out in the boring Gates of Discord expansion and Omens of War sealed the deal for me. I got to play the last week of open beta for WoW and knew I was switching.

And yeah I love when people talk about Vanilla-Like servers as if they played the real thing. They played a decent emulation but it wasn't the real thing. I mean one look at the amount of people falling into 3 classes only, like what 60% of the server? Lol.

Hello

Many people including me played it a lot and during the LONGER THAN A DECADE amount of time that has passed since then sold the account or maybe even several accounts. Leaving us with an account that was not active back then even if most of these people played vanilla more than you.

That also means that the people who bought these accounts that were sold AFTER vanilla now have an account flagged as vanilla but they only played after it was over.

What a bad idea.