Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Weren't the vanilla crowd up until very recently just a bunch of doomsayers that thought they knew better?
    What? The doomsayers were the ones saying there will never be legacy servers.
    Am i wrong?
    What was the legacy crowd doomsaying about?

All they have to do is release it as vanilla and ignore people crying. They will leave and the right people will stay and everything will be fine.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zepp View Post
    Blizzard opened a can of worms with this whole classic WoW reveal. Huge mistake. The so called "vanillia" players are some of the most vile neckbeard trolls I've seen in my gaming life. Why would anyone in his right mind want to play in such toxic atmosphere? Ubelievable.

Bad decision, this whole classic will be a downfall of Blizz and a useless money sponge.

They should drop it when they still have time. Let kids and retards sit on unofficial servers.

Editorino for haters below and above:

Vanillia WoW is a typical golden bollock.

In reality it was one of the biggest mmo-culture flops ever. When Ultima Online made tight communities were people talked to each other and respected each other the WoW devolved players into mentally-unstable loot pinata hunters. Loot was everything and the power-lvl jump was so insane people were going bonkers to get it. Everything was second to loot - guildies, real life, friends and family. The sheep were herded by manchild guild leaders enjoying their sick power trips. Long, mechanically simple but tedious raids spewed new breed of miserable no-lifes. All those derogatory gamer-memes we have today were born in vanillia WoW. Non-gamers lost respect for mmo-players mostly thanks to WoW.

People who want true vanillia experience want to jump on this sick bandwagon and that's why I'm totally against raising this abomination of a mmo game. Majority of mmo-players have grown beyond the simpleton that vanillia WoW was. It belongs to the past and should stay there.
    It won't be any more toxic than live WoW, which is basically a huge cesspool of shit so, not like it's something we aren't already dealing with.

As someone who didn't care for the introduction of classic servers, reading threads like this make me excited to see classic servers open.

15+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard opened a can of worms with this whole classic WoW reveal. Huge mistake. The so called "vanillia" players are some of the most vile neckbeard trolls I've seen in my gaming life. Why would anyone in his right mind want to play in such toxic atmosphere? Ubelievable.

Bad decision, this whole classic will be a downfall of Blizz and a useless money sponge.

They should drop it when they still have time. Let kids and retards sit on unofficial servers.

In reality it was one of the biggest mmo-culture flops ever. When Ultima Online made tight communities were people talked to each other and respected each other the WoW devolved players into mentally-unstable loot pinata hunters. Loot was everything and the power-lvl jump was so insane people were going bonkers to get it. Everything was second to loot - guildies, real life, friends and family. The sheep were herded by manchild guild leaders enjoying their sick power trips. Long, mechanically simple but tedious raids spewed new breed of miserable no-lifes. All those derogatory gamer-memes we have today were born in vanillia WoW. Non-gamers lost respect for mmo-players mostly thanks to WoW.

People who want true vanillia experience want to jump on this sick bandwagon and that's why I'm totally against raising this abomination of a mmo game. Majority of mmo-players have grown beyond the simpleton that vanillia WoW was. It belongs to the past and should stay there.
    Hypocrite much?

Wanna know the best thing about all of this? You don't have to be around all the people you claim to hate so much. Win-win huh?

But no, there is more to it than that isn't it? You are a control freak and want everyone to conform to your views.
    Guess what? All your bitching and posturing isn't stopping a damn thing. It is coming, HAHAHAHAHA!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by LanToaster View Post
    I just got a cool Idea.

I think Blizzard should send every Account who was Active during Classic, a Poll with the Changes people talked about.
    And then, weight the Answers with the Time said Account actually played Classic.

That way you get an Idea what the Playerbase actually thought about Classic. *laughs*

But seriously, "Classic" Polls should only be taken from people who actually played a fair amount of time in Classic, and KNOW the game.
    This^

Great suggestion. Unfortunately I doubt Blizz will do it.
    “We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams.”

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly kids should be outright suspended from WoW. It's the cesspool of players from LoL and CoD that poisoned a great portion of WoW. The obnoxious people from Vanilla have long since moved on or grown up (or at least I hope).

In Classic we'll have to deal with Twitch trolls and meme mimes.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Polybius View Post
    Why? What's your thought process behind that?

You think all people who played Vanilla will not play it again? And all we have left is 12 y olds who heard about in forums Vanilla was this big great thing?

So you think what we will have in Classic is 12 y olds who heard on forums Vanilla was great?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bored Trafalgar View Post
    Why? What's your thought process behind that?

You think all people who played Vanilla will not play it again? And all we have left is 12 y olds who heard about in forums Vanilla was this big great thing?

So you think what we will have in Classic is 12 y olds who heard on forums Vanilla was great?
    Because that's a great portion of the audience that Nostalrius had. And you can spot a teenager in chat by their weak comebacks and quick temper.

This is mostly in the initial areas. As you reach endgame they start to fade away.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorcath View Post
    Remember back when you had to fear being a petulant child or outlandish dickbag in LFD/LFR or else you would suffer the consequences of your entire server finding out you were a piece of shit and blacklisting you from groups and preventing a toxic person who goes against everybody's grain?

Oh yeah, that's one of the "QoL" changes brought but made it 10x easier to be a piece of shit in game.
    There were still cockbags. They were just IMPORTANT cockbags, and then you HAD to tolerate them. Someone could be a cockbag if they were a guild leader, or FRIENDS with the guild leader.

Or someone that was attuned and geared. You think the raid leader cared if a guy was a dick so long as he was an adequately geared and attuned tank? No, of course the raid leader didn't care, because you didn't know how long it'd be before you'd find someone geared/attuned.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

You never played vanilla obviously.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Well, seeing how blizzard is actually implementing classic you can't say they were 100% wrong.
    You don't know how successful it will be, and they're still continuing to develop retail WoW, so... they certainly aren't right about anything.

Quote Originally Posted by tss View Post
    What doom were they saying? If you're going to be so intellectually deficient as to use "NO U" make sure it at least makes sense.
    What? The doomsayers were the ones saying there will never be legacy servers.
    Am i wrong?
    What was the legacy crowd doomsaying about?
    That WoW was a lost cause and that blizzard ruined it and that a return to vanilla was the only way to save it.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Deleted
    That WoW was a lost cause and that blizzard ruined it and that a return to vanilla was the only way to save it.
    Aren't you making this stuff up. Maybe one person said that but it clearly wasnt the majority.

What i saw was people saying retail wow is ruined FOR THEM and the only way FOR THEM to play wow again is legacy servers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Aren't you making this stuff up. Maybe one person said that but it clearly wasnt the majority.

What i saw was people saying retail wow is ruined FOR THEM and the only way FOR THEM to play wow again is legacy servers.
    A lot of people inject their opinions as if it's some absolute truth.

People whining for vanilla servers are absolutely some of them.
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Azurenys View Post
    mark my words, no one will be willing to pay to play a "classic" server
    that has modern improvements and changes that make it anything BUT the core idea of the very creation.
    That is easily refuted: I will pay.

Quote Originally Posted by Polybius View Post
    Honestly kids should be outright suspended from WoW. It's the cesspool of players from LoL and CoD that poisoned a great portion of WoW. The obnoxious people from Vanilla have long since moved on or grown up (or at least I hope).

The medium age for WoW was always adults though, so chances are that every toxic behaviour, is coming from a legal adult. :P

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account

My experience was the exact opposite of what you describe. People were well known in the community, my guild was tight knit and we gave loot to those that would end up best serving the guilds progression. In dungeons people knew you and if you were bad you weren't invited back. If anything my experience in wow has been a general decline and a progressively much more toxic community as we've progressed through each xpac and made finding groups less about finding and playing with people you like and instead speed and convenience.

Goddamn these shitposts are unbearable. I have no idea how this is kosher.

Quote Originally Posted by Talon8669 View Post
    My experience was the exact opposite of what you describe. People were well known in the community, my guild was tight knit and we gave loot to those that would end up best serving the guilds progression. In dungeons people knew you and if you were bad you weren't invited back. If anything my experience in wow has been a general decline and a progressively much more toxic community as we've progressed through each xpac and made finding groups less about finding and playing with people you like and instead speed and convenience.
    The community of back then =/= the community of today though.
    It's not like Vanilla players were confined in a bubble and didn't "evolve" same as the rest of Online communities, save for the people that stuck to Classic on private servers. Those tend to be really nice people, not at all like the toxic asshats that congregated around Classic during WoD...

- - - Updated - - -

Weren't the vanilla crowd up until very recently just a bunch of doomsayers that thought they knew better?
    Haha, talk about them having selective memory...

Before Classic was announced by Blizzard:

- Retail WoW is DYING and CRAP and for CASUALS and SHIT and won't make it another YEAR without Classic and whichever MMORPG that's about to release will KILL it!!

After Classic was announced:

- What is this doomsaying of which thou speakest?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    Haha, talk about them having selective memory...

Before Classic was announced by Blizzard:

- Retail WoW is DYING and CRAP and for CASUALS and SHIT and won't make it another YEAR without Classic and whichever MMORPG that's about to release will KILL it!!

After Classic was announced:

- What is this doomsaying of which thou speakest?

http://cdn.smosh.com/sites/default/f...llow-cover.gif
    I think you are the one with selective memory
    I've never seen someone say "give us legacy servers or retail will die"

lol maybe some random dude said it one time or something and left you a scar?

You are crazy, i like you
    Last edited by mmoc77cf8e72f5; 2017-11-22 at 10:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorcath View Post
    Remember back when you had to fear being a petulant child or outlandish dickbag in LFD/LFR or else you would suffer the consequences of your entire server finding out you were a piece of shit and blacklisting you from groups and preventing a toxic person who goes against everybody's grain?

Oh yeah, that's one of the "QoL" changes brought but made it 10x easier to be a piece of shit in game.
    Do you constantly run into horrible people in game? The few I ever see are just epeen strokers slobbering on a dps meter and they are few and far between.