Page 49 of 51 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Spaceboytg View Post
    Have you seen the news about her lately? Apparently she's mixed up in some sex cult as one of the leaders or something.
    Can't say that i have followed any news since the show ended.

I know Maggie wanted off the show, they should of just got a new actor to replace her than break them up. To have a gay couple on a Superhero show is brave and great for a more enlightened society but to break them up over something so trival is lame. Hopefully Alex meets someone in the second half of the season, would be nice if she had a talk with Sara who could help her thru it becaue she has experience with breakups like she had with Nyssa.

I wonder if part of the season finale will be Kara leaving to go help the Legion with something.

Quote Originally Posted by Gemini Soul View Post
    I know Maggie wanted off the show, they should of just got a new actor to replace her than break them up. To have a gay couple on a Superhero show is brave and great for a more enlightened society but to break them up over something so trival is lame. Hopefully Alex meets someone in the second half of the season, would be nice if she had a talk with Sara who could help her thru it becaue she has experience with breakups like she had with Nyssa.

I wonder if part of the season finale will be Kara leaving to go help the Legion with something.
    Not wanting kids isn't trivial for big % of the people living on the planet.
    This is something you cant change and it will always drive a wedge between even the strongest relation ships.

Yeah right.
    Like black anal techsupport hero from the arrow.
    Much story advancement.
    Such character build.
    Very define.
    Wow.

Quote Originally Posted by Ebalina View Post
    Not wanting kids isn't trivial for big % of the people living on the planet.
    This is something you cant change and it will always drive a wedge between even the strongest relation ships.
    You misunderstood, i was referring to the fact they broke up sanvers over an actor wanting off the show instead of getting a new one as trivial. Wasnt talking about the reason used on the show.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Storm the Sorrow View Post
    Yeah right.
    Like black anal techsupport hero from the arrow.
    Much story advancement.
    Such character build.
    Very define.
    Wow.
    Curtis has had character development, and he isn't depicted as a typical gay guy Hollywood style which is great. You missed the point where i said female lead Superhero series, Legends doesn't count because thats a team of heros and Sara is being depicted as a one night stand person. Sanvers was a stable and committed relationship.

With whats going on with the show runner, hopefully they will hire a female as the new one. Would be AWESOME if they threw him under the bus and did Supercorp with him gone.

You misunderstood, i was referring to the fact they broke up sanvers over an actor wanting off the show instead of getting a new one as trivial. Wasnt talking about the reason used on the show.
    Yeah, I read your initial post the other way also, but I see your point. In a show full of shape shifters and assorted other oddities, bopping Maggie to another actress would be easy even if they didn't want to just recast and never acknowledge the change. The in character reason does highlight how fast the relationship went/ how little they knew about each other, but it's TV, so meh.

That said, I don't really think it's "brave" to have a gay character on a tv show anymore. It's good that it's normalized, but it's not a stigma. Yes, some will complain, but some will complain about ANYTHING, so not a big deal.

Curtis has had character development, and he isn't depicted as a typical gay guy Hollywood style which is great.
    I like Curtis, I do wish they'd focus more on his science ability rather than him being a melee guy, but so be it.

You missed the point where i said female lead Superhero series, Legends doesn't count because thats a team of heros and Sara is being depicted as a one night stand person.
    That really irritated me with Sara. She was in a committed relationship with Nyssa, then in a committed relationship with Ollie, then returned to Nyssa. Bisexual, committed, sometimes conflicted. Then suddenly she's uber-lesbian, bang every hot chick of the night. It was just an odd switch. Of course, she did die in there somewhere, but it's not like they used that justification.
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

Black analys techsupport guy had actual character development?
    What?
    Are we on the same page?

Find out your an alien...find your ship...find weird tech while running a tech company...follow glowly tech instead of asking one of your two "sisters" to contact Supergirl for you to ask for help. I will take stupidity for $100

Did i miss the explanation about the whole being under 12000 years of earth thing?

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenzha View Post
    Did i miss the explanation about the whole being under 12000 years of earth thing?
    no, no you did not. he went forward in time about 1000 years, then went back 13000 years and conveniently got stuck in some rocks right under what would become Supergirl's home city? and he said it was only 7 years.

my guess is that its really, really bad writing

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    no, no you did not. he went forward in time about 1000 years, then went back 13000 years and conveniently got stuck in some rocks right under what would become Supergirl's home city? and he said it was only 7 years.

It's possible that there could be further explanation, but it could just also be just bad writing and maybe it's implied that the chamber they were sleeping in eliminates aging while under. Wouldn't be the first time that argument was used for space travel.
    | Fractal Design Define R5 White | Intel i7-4790K CPU | Corsair H100i Cooler | 16GB G.Skill Ripsaws X 1600Mhz |
    | MSI Gaming 6G GTX 980ti | Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD | Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD | Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD |

He was awake for 7 years and spent the rest in stasis, there most likely was a problem that caused them to get placed in the wrong time or they went back to stop/fix something 12k years ago and ended up stuck. Point is they did not travel back in time 12k years and park there ship there on purpose, which will be explained in another episode. In stasis you can be kept alive and not age while sleeping, that is the point of it.

Y'all need to stop and Google before accusing showrunners of bad writing. First thing to look up? Imra Ardeen, who is Saturn Girl, one of the members of the 30th/31th century Legion of Super-Heroes. You know who else has been a member of LoSH? Mon-El. I reckon the remaining stasis pods also includes other members of the Legion. They were probably doing something heroic and got knocked back in time and crashed to Earth, and I'm sure it ends with them returning to the future.
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

My assumption, he jumped forward 1000 years. He lived there for 7 years with the Pod Buddies. Somehow they went back in time to 12,000 years ago, remaining in stasis for 12,000 years until Mon El was awoken by submarine explosions a few weeks ago.

Of course landing under that spot is Plot, but not atypical plot.

Actually he woke up when Reign had her hallucination in the bathroom.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

She will be fine, can't have a show about Supergirl with out Supergirl. Looks like James has a thing for white girls associated with his BFF Superman, are they trying to send a message or something? Taking a failed romance with James and pairing it with Lena is a rather large slap in the face to Supercorp shippers more so after the SDCC fiasco.

Why wouldn't she Xray the mask to see who's under it, they are defiantly building up Alex&Ruby and the whole kid thing looks like Alex will get temporary custody at same point. Wouldn't be surprised if Alex will be crying at her beside and blaming herself for telling Kara to go alien.

10+ Year Old Account
    is a rather large slap in the face to Supercorp shippers more so after the SDCC fiasco.
    supercorp fans are fucking retarded. you do not cater to these idiots.

the actors dont even go to cons anymore cause of these people being so outrageous.
    Hi

Yeah, that Olsen-Lena ship does absolutely nothing for me and I hope it doesn't last long.

I still don't see how Lena hasn't figured out Kara=Supergirl by this point. Everyone knows Hank is Martian Manhunter.
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

Quote Originally Posted by CR77 View Post
    Actually he woke up when Reign had her hallucination in the bathroom.
    See, he said in this episode it was the torpedo's, I was RIGHT!!!

Not that it matters, but hey, I need to be right sometimes...

Not a bad fight, as these things go. I can tolerate the "clinging to life" stuff even though we know she's not going to die. It'd be nice if it has some lingering effects rather than Arrow's back from death in one ep, or Flash's clean wrapups, but I'm not worried really.

It does seem just a bit DUMB though, that Supergirl is smashing around vs Reign, while Mon El and Martian Manhunter sit there doing nothing. Maybe a quick phone call to Superman?

It was odd how the show began where it did though, I can understand the cross-over episodes not being core to the flow of the show, but there was a few minutes of normal supergirl in that episode. This episode just picks up at an odd spot, like they hadn't just faced a nazi Kara married to Ollie or anything.

And yes, it's dumb that Lena doesn't know Kara=Supergirl, either being told or figuring it out on her own. Likewise for not noticing Olsen's got Guardians shield, pointless. She's in the clique, so the only reason for her not to know is because you want to make it a drama plot point later, which is just to irritate me I assume.

The "sexual tension" between Olsen and Luthor may have been intended, but it mostly came of as irritation and disrespect, not sure if it's writing or acting or if they just changed their mind at some point.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    supercorp fans are fucking retarded. you do not cater to these idiots.

the actors dont even go to cons anymore cause of these people being so outrageous.
    I hadn't been paying attention to the "SDCC fiasco" back when it happened, so looked to see. It's sort of funny the couple articles I saw had a variation of "The CW’s Supergirl is a TV show that rose to success and headlines predominantly because of its LGBTQ+ fan base." While I've always disliked the name merge ship stuff anyway, I thought Alex & Maggie had a nice, natural progression in season2 and it was done well... but that was season 2. Alex was never hinted at a lesbian in season1, Maggie nor Lena were in season1, so if the show "rose to success" because of the season2 fans, they must have some odd perspective.

It's just an odd time to experience sometimes.

Is it me or is the whole Kara&Lena&Sam friendship feel forced and fast.