Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Z-Man View Post
    The fun starts when you get someone who believes in both Flat Earth and Hollow Earth...
    It all makes sense now!!! Earth is a cylinder!!!!

Is it actually legal to launch your own rocket in US? Seems incredibly dangerous for other people

Quote Originally Posted by Sathena View Post
    Anxiously awaiting WW s2?
    Well, yes.

Quote Originally Posted by ranzino View Post
    Nah, the sun is much smaller than earth and therefore cannot shine everywhere !!
    reading the following article kills some brain cells for sure, be aware !

https://wiki.tfes.org/Sun
    Kill me now please. People are so stupid.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Z-Man View Post
    It's a circle, with the North Pole at the center and a wall of Antarctic ice at the edge.

Orlando Ferguson flat earth map

The fun starts when you get someone who believes in both Flat Earth and Hollow Earth...
    So If I plant a flag in Antarctica and travel the opposite direction my flag will not be there when I reach Antarctica again?

Actually, I've changed my mind.

If this guy can find a way to draw another dick in the sky. I'll gladly chip in $5 or something.

15+ Year Old Account
    Bet his rocket either explodes on lift-off, mid air, or dont even launch, first 2 would help the worlds genepool as a whole.
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

15+ Year Old Account
    "I don’t believe in science," Hughes said, according to the AP. "I know about aerodynamics and fluid dynamics and how things move through the air, about the certain size of rocket nozzles, and thrust. But that’s not science, that’s just a formula. There’s no difference between science and science fiction."

This gem.

“I don’t believe in science,” declared the 61-year-old. “I know about aerodynamics and fluid dynamics and how things move through the air. But that’s not science, that’s just a formula.”
    And this gem.

The rocket, which Hughes aims to reach an altitude of 1,800ft (550 metres) over California, will be launched from the back of a converted motorhome purchased from Craigslist. It is sponsored by a flat Earth research group, and Hughes plans a subsequent trip to try and observe the flatness of the Earth for himself.
    It would cost a lot less to ...I don't know...get on an airplane? Helicopter? Or....just travel to New York and get on the roof of the WTC. I know it's 30ft less than 1800 but there's no risk of death.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    Is it actually legal to launch your own rocket in US? Seems incredibly dangerous for other people
    It's legal pretty much anywhere, you just have to register your flight plan with whatever agency manages your local airspace, the rest is basically up to you. Amateur rocketry is a fairly common hobby. And of course you aren't supposed to do it over inhabit areas.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Iphie View Post
    Darwin Award waiting to happen.
    Has to live to get the award.

That cant be legal, there has to be some regulation against launching a rocket without a bunch of regulations, especially in california

Quote Originally Posted by kail View Post
    Will he shut up about flat earths after he finds out how wrong he is?
    He won't go high enough to see shit,actually he won't go as high as most birds

He might die horribly though so that's a win

The fact that the sun is up earlier in new york than San Francisco should convince these idiots. But, they are idiots.

Quote Originally Posted by kasuke06 View Post
    okay. rocket science is no longer a barometer for smart, got it.
    Dear world,

Orbital dynamics is a critical portion of what a rocket scientist does. By definition, orbital dynamics requires a body to orbit. Since this guy believes the Earth is flat, he does not understand the basics of orbital dynamics, and is therefore not a rocket scientist.

Thank you,
    A former rocket scientist

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Cheese View Post
    Has to live to get the award.
    According to wikipedia you get it for dying:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Darwin_Awards

according to their own site I'd say you need to die:

http://www.darwinawards.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Tierbook View Post
    Of course the earth is flat, if you look at it from a 4th dimensional point of view
    No. Four dimensional spacetime is not flat but curved by gravity.
    Meanwhile, back on Azeroth, the overwhelming majority of the orcs languished in internment camps. One Orc had a dream. A dream to reunite the disparate souls trapped under the lock and key of the Alliance. So he raided the internment camps, freeing those orcs that he could, and reached out to a downtrodden tribe of trolls to aid him in rebuilding a Horde where orcs could live free of the humans who defeated them so long ago. That orc's name was... Rend.

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    Those flat earth people don't have a lot of money.

How do they explain away the arch of the horizon

Where you can see the curve of the ocean.
    Until you use a telescope.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold21 View Post
    Conspiracy theories threads aren't allowed.
    Race ones aren't either and yet the BLM or related threads seem to be allowed or those involving the fake "islamaphobia" nonsense.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Iphie View Post
    According to wikipedia you get it for dying:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Darwin_Awards

according to their own site I'd say you need to die:

http://www.darwinawards.com/
    That's the implication of the award so idk why the person you're replying to even thinks that you live. The point of a Darwin Award is that you've been removed from the gene pool because of something stupid. Only problem is that you may have already reproduced.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's self correcting. Once he shoots himself 1500ft into the air. Gravity will fix the issue.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    Until you use a telescope.
    By their map you could use a telescope to see Antarctica. How do they explain the shadowing of the moon?

Quote Originally Posted by bladeXcrasher View Post
    By their map you could use a telescope to see Antarctica. How do they explain the shadowing of the moon?
    I thought there was an ice wall?