Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    And this is how the ALT VANILLA is born.

Good luck getting your pure vanilla realm where all pure blood vanilla players can have a safe space.

Best prepare your tiki torches cause Blizzard won't give up their liberal agenda of mixing up the playerbase.

Quote Originally Posted by toxicrusader View Post
    And this is how the ALT VANILLA is born.

Good luck getting your pure vanilla realm where all pure blood vanilla players can have a safe space.

Best prepare your tiki torches cause Blizzard won't give up their liberal agenda of mixing up the playerbase.
    Hahaha!

Normally I hate politicizing things that don't need to be. But the last line got a good laugh out of me, thanks for that.

Buuuut, what if someone shared an account with RL friend since early vanilla and got the shorter end of the stick when we both could finally sustain our own in TBC? Not saying it's my case or anything.

But I wouldn't mind at all, as it would probably siphon out a lot of the truly obnoxious people.

I played Vanilla and think classes should be rebalanced more like they were in TBC. Also I'm not opposed to some QoL changes like capping the cost of respecs, will your realm be right for me?

Anything regarding Classic WoW brings out the dumbest and most ridiculous out of people. But that's nothing new, we've been seeing that for years and Blizzard's announcement just really threw a spotlight onto the fact.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedlance View Post
    Hello

Would you guys be very opposed to a couple of realms or 1 realm at least for purely people who actually played vanilla, where everything will cycle from the start with all the bugs and progress up to Naxx.
    Because I personally want to experience vanilla with people who properly understand why we enjoyed it and experienced it first hand and I suspect a lot of these vanilla fanboys didn't actually play vanilla and are only jumping on the hype train.
    Those guys don't know why it was special and they will never experience what us real vanilla people felt when we played.

Are this something you guys would like?
    Sounds like a massive waste of money, no, you cannot get your safespace. Sorry but this is basically bratty entitlement to believe one might be better than others, and should have your own realm. No, useless idea.

Any opinion from people who didn't play vanilla don't matter.
    And this is why your thread is useless too, bad attempt at baiting.

- Yours Sincerely, a player who played in vanilla.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Whats next??? blizzard should create pre-vanilla servers with progression till lvl 50??? How about alpha version realms with pre 1.0 patch !?

We need multiple Vanilla. Regular, PvP, Rp, RpPVP, played in vanilla, raided in vanilla, cleared Naxx vanilla... So yeah about thirty servers to make sure that people don't mix with their lessers.

10+ Year Old Account
    People want the great community back etc but that only exists with those who actually played during that time. This new generation doesn't have a clue what vanilla was about, which is my point.
    Aha....Ahahahaha......AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHA... Sorry, I can't laugh more, it'll end up being spammy. I think you are wrong in your little statement. Just because you put a bunch of fresh fish in a barrel of rotten fish, doesn't mean it'll smell better. I've experienced people who claim they played then, and today, I would never even want to see them in my 40man group, not even as a pug.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zigrifid View Post
    Whats next??? blizzard should create pre-vanilla servers with progression till lvl 50??? How about alpha version realms with pre 1.0 patch !?
    Yeah, by the logic of the OP, I should be entitled to have a Beta server for access for me and the few others who wish to experience broken and old stuff.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by vilememory View Post
    We need multiple Vanilla. Regular, PvP, Rp, RpPVP, played in vanilla, raided in vanilla, cleared Naxx vanilla... So yeah about thirty servers to make sure that people don't mix with their lessers.
    Oh, you forgot servers for people who have achieved the Grand Marshal rank, and some for those who haven't. You know, just make a server pr. rank. And one pr. tier.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Deleted
    special snowflake realm

Quote Originally Posted by Hunterwep View Post
    Why should it matter?

Think of it as reenacting an old battle where Muskets were still used.
    Now you have a person showing up saying we should use AR-15 to relive the fight.
    ??? If you are reenacting an old fight, people wouldn't bring out of time materials. Are civil war reenactments only done by civil war vets?
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

Hahaha wow
    I played vanilla and am very excited about being able to play it again but this "Vanilla elite community" already seems toxic and the game isn't even out yet

Maybe make yourself a "pure blood vanilla" guild?

Hello

Would you guys be very opposed to a couple of realms or 1 realm at least for purely people who actually played vanilla, where everything will cycle from the start with all the bugs and progress up to Naxx.
    Because I personally want to experience vanilla with people who properly understand why we enjoyed it and experienced it first hand and I suspect a lot of these vanilla fanboys didn't actually play vanilla and are only jumping on the hype train.
    Those guys don't know why it was special and they will never experience what us real vanilla people felt when we played.

Are this something you guys would like? Any opinion from people who didn't play vanilla don't matter.
    This is the exact reason why the world is so fucked up in 2017...seriously?

OP's attitude is basically a guaranteed recipe for classic servers to be DOA.

Thankfully, Blizzard isn't taking suggestions from the OP.
    Whoever loves let him flourish. / Let him perish who knows not love. / Let him perish twice who forbids love. - Pompeii

Hello

Are this something you guys would like? Any opinion from people who didn't play vanilla don't matter.
    I played all through vanilla, so on behalf of everyone here whos opinions don't matter to you... go to hell.

You will never "experience vanilla" again as it was. It's a book you already know the ending to. A map with the blanks filled in. All you're going to accomplish by having a server filled with vets exclusively is have a bunch of sad, angry elitists who are all going through some stage of rose-colored glasses power failure driving out each other and everyone else who just wants to play the game.
    Last edited by xact4; 2017-11-22 at 11:35 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    aH yes, the Y chromosome, noted summoner of rape demons from the misogyny dimension.

10+ Year Old Account
    There's going to be one and only one variety of vanilla on display. There won't be different variations on different realms. What that is we don't really know and at this point Blizzard is open to hearing about it.

There isn't going to be any country club realm for vanilla only people and yes indeed, people who didn't play vanilla do matter.

I hate to say this but seriously: Get real.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Deleted
    I did play during vanilla, but that account is long gone. Still, if i had that account, i don't see the point really.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    There's going to be one and only one variety of vanilla on display. There won't be different variations on different realms. What that is we don't really know and at this point Blizzard is open to hearing about it.

There isn't going to be any country club realm for vanilla only people and yes indeed, people who didn't play vanilla do matter.

I hate to say this but seriously: Get real.
    Do you mean that there wont be a PvE, PvP and RP realm by that statement, or did i misunderstand you ? I'd certainly hope thered be those 3 options per region

Mechagnome
    7+ Year Old Account
    Hello

So because you played the game maybe a year before I did, your opinion is more valuable?
    Anything worth doing is worth over-doing. Moderation's for cowards.

No but everyone who play on private servers should get their own server, run by corrupt Russians, a lawless place where you can bot and send death threats all you like if you see someone even looking in the general direction of a devilsaur. Oh wait you already have that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ahandii View Post
    I did play during vanilla, but that account is long gone. Still, if i had that account, i don't see the point really.

- - - Updated - - -

Do you mean that there wont be a PvE, PvP and RP realm by that statement, or did i misunderstand you ? I'd certainly hope thered be those 3 options per region
    No, I didn't mean that. There won't be a realm running some completely different version of the game that runs on a different patch schedule and has different features, etc.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."