Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    That's some crypto-racist shit right there. Except it's not very crypto.
    Is it untrue?

Well, considering there is no such thing as a demographic fight...

10+ Year Old Account
    He's less popular than when he was elected but it's not as bad as Macron ('The new Trudeau') who I think I read is the least popular leader in the whole world.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amerrol View Post
    His female voter base likes him because he is dreamy. JFK syndrome. And beta cucks voted for him because they were told to by their fat SJW mistresses.

And Tennis likes him, too. Oh wait, I already said beta cucks.

[Infracted]
    Gee, you dare say something about Tennis and look who infracted you!

I'd say something about Tredeau but I'm not Canadian so I guess it doesn't matter much.

I was at the mall yesterday and saw this at the calander stand. I locked eyes with this disturbing gem.
    https://www.amazon.com/Justin-Trudea...udeau+calendar

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    Was having a conversation with a Canadian friend and we got onto Justin Trudeau and according to her "He's just a man virtue signalling and hoodwinking Canadians into believing he actually believes what he says" I was a little surprised because I assume he was very popular but she then said something that made me think "He's just a reverse Trump, all bravado" so my question is to you Canadians, are you happy with Justin Trudeau?
    Sounds like she got a point.

But at least he is better than Trump.

Quote Originally Posted by satimy View Post
    Is it untrue?
    That you're a racist? No, it isn't.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Chaelexi View Post
    Please explain how, Harper told you what he was going to do and did it. Trudeau told you a bunch of things, did a few and is doing the opposite for the rest...... See the paradise papers.....I thought he was going to close the tax loopholes on the rich......nope just ones the middle class use to make ends meet... He is as bad as the Ontario Liberals who he idolizes......you know the idiots that are making Ontario into a jobless wasteland......
    The things Harper told you he was going to do weren't good things to do. You don't award effectiveness points to someone who excels at damaging the country.

15+ Year Old Account
    I mean, it's better than Trump or Harper - so comparatively speaking I'm happy with him.

There are major issues I have with him though on the domestic scene. The NDP (the left wing party, where the Liberals are the centrist party) were going to win by promising to reform our voting system, legalize marijuana, etc - and at the last minute Trudeau and the Liberals switched their platform to the NDP talking points: suddenly everyone had the promises of the NDP in a sexy & suave, more palatable form.

Note: I'm not denigrating Trudeau because of his looks, he was also clearly the better politician on all accounts: more eloquent, more inspiring, more presentable. It was kind of an Obama vs. Bernie scenario. It looked like Bernie was going to win, then Obama swapped his position to everything Bernie had been saying - and suddenly it seemed like a no brainer.

In reality though, a lot of what he promised he hasn't delivered, most notably:

1) Implementing a proportional representation system and getting rid of our archaic First Past The Post electoral system. This was really the issue that won him the election. The country as a whole was tired of electing a ruling party with a little as 21% of the votes (ex. Conservatives vs. Liberal vs. NDP vs. Bloc Quebecois vs. Greens): that's what kept the Conservatives in power the previous decade - because there are 4 ~Left wing parties, and only 1 ~far (for us) Right party in Canada. This was supposed to be the last election of this tyranny of the minority.

Trudeau's response? "Hey, this system got me elected, so it must work right?" Followed by zero action or interest in following through on his campaign promise. I've voted Liberal all my life, and I vote in every election. I will never vote Liberal again on principle if this campaign promise is not addressed before the end of his first term (and he's made zero effort, so it looks like I'll be Green/NDP from now on).

2) Legalizing Marijuana. Despite all the hoopla about this going forward, in the back rooms the realpolitik has been to use this effort to inexplicably make Marijuana worse "legalized" than it is today. Examples:

- Marijuana is the only perscription drug today which can be taxed by both PST & GST (federal and provincial taxes) - if it becomes legalized, not only will that remain true - but an additional Marijuana tax will now also apply - 3 taxes on people who are taking it for medical purposes, not to mention everyone else, is crazy. This will encourage black market growth despite legalization being intended to do the opposite.

- In Ontario they want to only allow government stores to sell it, which means closing down the 100+ stores that already exist in that province and replacing it with 40 locations over the next 5 years. There is no way they are going to meet demand. This will encourage black market growth despite legalization being intended to do the opposite. Additionally, the variety of products already available dwarfs the capabilities of the government - so again - forcing people to use the black market.

- Legalization is proposing to crack down on personal use growers (ex. people with 1-2 plants) and increase the penalties on them over the current system. Further encouraging the black market.

- Since there is no way to do a blood-marijuana test, they are proposing to create a new test which would test fats for canabinoids. The problem with this is that alcohol passes through the system in a matter of hours. Fat takes 4-6 weeks to dissolve. Additionally, the proposed limit is being set so low that any use of any marijuana-containing product within 6 weeks would count as Driving Under Influence (DUI), and would permanently penalize your license. There is even concern that strong second hand smoke may be enough to hit the limit, which is absurd.

- Perhaps worst of all, the fat test they are proposing for canabinoids would be administerable entirely at the police officers discretion, whether driving or not. Which means would be legally allowed to prick anyone they want with a needle (a small insulin-type one, but still) at will. This is not only a health risk (police officers aren't nurses, the likelihood of reusing needles or misusing needles is way higher) - but it also potentially enables the police to gather and store record of DNA from anyone, at will. It's a massive potential invasion of privacy.

Lastly, there is a website tracking his campaign proposals found here.

749 days in office
    26% Not Started
    32% In Progress
    26% Achieved
    16% Broken
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

I expect the Liberal Party of Canada to be corrupt meatheads. Its hundred times better than the even more corrupt Republican Party North that is the Conservative Party of Canada.

Nah, most people I know dislike Trudeau. He's done a whole lot of nothing, really. Nothing but prancing around parades. Oh, and shitting the country's money towards "those in need" from other countries, whilst ignoring those who are actually in need in our own country.

His female voter base likes him because he is dreamy. JFK syndrome. And beta cucks voted for him because they were told to by their fat SJW mistresses.

[Infracted]
    You let the anime avatar take over. Never let the anime avatar take over. I cringed beyond the limits of cringe.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Swalload View Post
    It's true that he is kind of a reverse Trump. But he doesn't breed hate across the country, other way around. Sure he does some weird stuff and he's certainly not the best candidate for a prime minister but he's still somewhat respectable and not a complete retard, it could be way worse.
    If anything, some of the stupid things he has done, are spurning hate towards the left. I mean, C-16 and M-106 alone should be a good indicator of how the federal liberals are creating a more significant divide in our country. Many people were against both and even their own voters have since turned their backs on the party (myself included).

I don't expect him to get elected again, the guy running for the NDP will most likely draw a good chunk of the minority vote that the Liberals have been grasping onto, and there is such a significant Hindu and Sikh population within Canada now (not to mention MP's running for the NDP), that it could make a difference. The Conservatives didn't elect the guy who would win them the federal leadership, thanks to the social conservative nimrods who held a tiny majority in getting Scheer into the leadership seat, Maxime Bernier was probably the most likable Conservative candidate in a long time, because he is less right of centre than Scheer is and actually has some progressive values for a conservative. He lost the leadership for exactly that reason, because the party is still controlled by the social conservatives and right wing hard liner's. While they aren't as bad as the Republicans/GOP, they are still idiots.
    Last edited by Rennadrel; 2017-11-22 at 10:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zelk View Post
    He's less popular than when he was elected but it's not as bad as Macron ('The new Trudeau') who I think I read is the least popular leader in the whole world.
    The French pretty much never like any of their Presidents once they elect them. Not that Macron is perfect by any means, but if there's one nation that loves to bitch about their politicians, it's the French. And I'm part French so I know what I'm talking about. They hate Macron because he wants to reform too much and is too stern, they hated Hollande because he didn't want to reform enough and was generally a limp dude. Don't get them started on Sarkozy.

Quote Originally Posted by Yvaelle View Post
    -Snibity snab-
    2) Legalizing Marijuana. Despite all the hoopla about this going forward, in the back rooms the realpolitik has been to use this effort to inexplicably make Marijuana worse "legalized" than it is today. Examples:

- Marijuana is the only perscription drug today which can be taxed by both PST & GST (federal and provincial taxes) - if it becomes legalized, not only will that remain true - but an additional Marijuana tax will now also apply - 3 taxes on people who are taking it for medical purposes, not to mention everyone else, is crazy. This will encourage black market growth despite legalization being intended to do the opposite.

- In Ontario they want to only allow government stores to sell it, which means closing down the 100+ stores that already exist in that province and replacing it with 40 locations over the next 5 years. There is no way they are going to meet demand. This will encourage black market growth despite legalization being intended to do the opposite. Additionally, the variety of products already available dwarfs the capabilities of the government - so again - forcing people to use the black market.

- Legalization is proposing to crack down on personal use growers (ex. people with 1-2 plants) and increase the penalties on them over the current system. Further encouraging the black market.

- Since there is no way to do a blood-marijuana test, they are proposing to create a new test which would test fats for canabinoids. The problem with this is that alcohol passes through the system in a matter of hours. Fat takes 4-6 weeks to dissolve. Additionally, the proposed limit is being set so low that any use of any marijuana-containing product within 6 weeks would count as Driving Under Influence (DUI), and would permanently penalize your license. There is even concern that strong second hand smoke may be enough to hit the limit, which is absurd.

- Perhaps worst of all, the fat test they are proposing for canabinoids would be administerable entirely at the police officers discretion, whether driving or not. Which means would be legally allowed to prick anyone they want with a needle (a small insulin-type one, but still) at will. This is not only a health risk (police officers aren't nurses, the likelihood of reusing needles or misusing needles is way higher) - but it also potentially enables the police to gather and store record of DNA from anyone, at will. It's a massive potential invasion of privacy.
    Good golly holly, what a fucking mess.

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    Was having a conversation with a Canadian friend and we got onto Justin Trudeau and according to her "He's just a man virtue signalling and hoodwinking Canadians into believing he actually believes what he says" I was a little surprised because I assume he was very popular but she then said something that made me think "He's just a reverse Trump, all bravado" so my question is to you Canadians, are you happy with Justin Trudeau?
    Nope Trudeau is a globalist puppet trying to destroy the Canadian culture with cultural diversity he also is a pure male feminist. Basically the immigrants and women voted for him and this idiot will further the destruction of the country. USA should be glad to have elected Trump before it was too late.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    Some are, some aren't.

He's been more show than go in some respects, but still vastly better than anything Harper and the conservatives have ever shit out.
    I disagree. Harper wasn't a horrible PM, compared to the clowns who came before him, he actually did quite a bit of good for our country economically. My biggest reason for kicking his ass out of office was the toxic government he was running the last couple of years.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    The French pretty much never like any of their Presidents once they elect them. Not that Macron is perfect by any means, but if there's one nation that loves to bitch about their politicians, it's the French. And I'm part French so I know what I'm talking about. They hate Macron because he wants to reform too much and is too stern, they hated Hollande because he didn't want to reform enough and was generally a limp dude. Don't get them started on Sarkozy.
    Right, but Macron is the one with the biggest drop in popularity since Chirac. It was pretty fucking bad with Hollande too which says a lot about Macron.

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    If anything, some of the stupid things he has done, are spurning hate towards the left. I mean, C-16 and M-106 alone should be a good indicator of how the federal liberals are creating a more significant divide in our country. Many people were against both and even their own voters have since turned their backs on the party (myself included).

I don't expect him to get elected again, the guy running for the NDP will most likely draw a good chunk of the minority vote that the Liberals have been grasping onto, and there is such a significant Hindu and Sikh population within Canada now (not to mention MP's running for the NDP), that it could make a difference. The Conservatives didn't elect the guy who would win them the federal leadership, thanks to the social conservative nimrods who held a tiny majority in getting Scheer into the leadership seat, Maxime Bernier was probably the most likable Conservative candidate in a long time, because he is less right of centre than Scheer is and actually has some progressive values for a conservative. He lost the leadership for exactly that reason, because the party is still controlled by the social conservatives and right wing hard liner's. While they aren't as bad as the Republicans/GOP, they are still idiots.
    They elected Scheer because he was the safe option, whereas Bernier is a directionless pseudo-libertarian who would have been slaughtered in any general election due to his lack of political savvy (seriously, the guy makes Trump look like a master of intrigue sometimes) and desire to abolish stuff like supply management which would have seen him become the enemy of powerful voting groups and provinces.

And while it's true that Singh will leech votes off him, Trudeau would have to be more far unpopular than he is now for people to actually vote in an NDP candidate. The more likely scenario is that the left-wing and minority vote is split between them (diehard Liberals will not vote NDP) and the Conservatives take back the power. And all of that will depend on Trudeau's performance and campaign.

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It was a perfect storm where he was pretty much guaranteed a win. Folks were getting pissed off with the conservatives, he's the son of Pierre Trudeau and the NDP torpedoed their own campaign not long in to the campaign trail.

I don't hate him but I don't love him either. Mostly indifferent through ignorance because I am less interested in Canadian politics.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

10+ Year Old Account

[Infracted]
    Yeah? How? Explain it to me. PM me if you want. I don't see it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by satimy View Post
    It won’t matter, Canada lost the demographic fight. They will spiral towards Marxism until their inevitable demise
    Textbook racism. Shame on you.

We won the war. Immigration and diversity yeahhh!!

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    Weed is going to be legal in less than 9 months, I am happy he stuck to his word on that one.
    Depending on what province you are in, you might be worse of once its legal.
    its looking bad for Quebec and Ontario (and maybe a few more I have not looked into it too much)