Page 21 of 28 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Blizzard managed the impossible for me, I actualy feel bad for Night Elves. No other faction was fucked as much during the wow timeline.
    Nonsense. We all know that the people that suffered more than any other were the pandaren.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sangris View Post
    Nonsense. We all know that the people that suffered more than any other were the pandaren.
    Glad to see that someone else paid attention to wisdom of pandaria.

Night elves have lost so much by being alienated into neutrality towards everyone in different ways; they lost most of their influence towards a neutral Cenarion Circle and its offshoot organizations and their most important figures are pretty much neutral patrons - such as Malfurion, Cenarius and hell, even the Wardens. On top of this, they're the race that has lost the most territory in the history of the Warcraft universe and they continue losing it. Can't help but feel bad for them lol

I always expected to see some reclamation efforts from the night elves, but that is obviously never going to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Sails View Post
    Shes only heard one sisters side of the story (The sister that butchered Blood Elf Civilians). She might change her tune after she learn about the current state of her people
    Well, she went to convince them to rejoin the Alliance. They refused, so she turned to the exiles who dabbled in the Void. Those will rejoin as Void Elves.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shibito View Post
    emo elves
    Calling them that is neither creative nor original. Try to look into their story instead of just going with the trend of labelling everything dark-flavored as "edgy" or "emo".

Quote Originally Posted by deviantcultist View Post
    Well, she went to convince them to rejoin the Alliance. They refused, so she turned to the exiles who dabbled in the Void. Those will rejoin as Void Elves.
    Here is why this makes no sense though. Alleria being a Thalassian nationalist shouldn't have gone "Lor'themar rejoin the alliance." Lor'themar refusing, likely telling her everything that's happened since BDP and her just going back to the alliance. If anything she would have heard what happened and either go neutral or take up arms against those who were responsible for attempted genocide through sabotaging the only defence quel'thalas had (The sanctums) or the ethnic cleanse that happened in Dalaran a few years later.

Deleted

- - - Updated - - -

Calling them that is neither creative nor original. Try to look into their story instead of just going with the trend of labelling everything dark-flavored as "edgy" or "emo".
    very much written before the BfA announcement so......how the hell was i suppose to know?

Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    Here is why this makes no sense though. Alleria being a Thalassian nationalist shouldn't have gone "Lor'themar rejoin the alliance." Lor'themar refusing, likely telling her everything that's happened since BDP and her just going back to the alliance. If anything she would have heard what happened and either go neutral or take up arms against those who were responsible for attempted genocide through sabotaging the only defence quel'thalas had (The sanctums) or the ethnic cleanse that happened in Dalaran a few years later.
    Maybe she went after the Horde started the aggression to "at least get her people back to the right side". In other words, she might be convinced that the Horde are absolutely wrong and that the Blood Elves have no reason to be by their side.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sails View Post
    very much written before the BfA announcement so......how the hell was i suppose to know?
    I think you must have misunderstood. The first part was me providing information, while the second part was referring to someone else's comment.

Maybe she went after the Horde started the aggression to "at least get her people back to the right side". In other words, she might be convinced that the Horde are absolutely wrong and that the Blood Elves have no reason to be by their side.

- - - Updated - - -

I think you must have misunderstood. The first part was me providing information, while the second part was referring to someone else's comment.
    Its amazing how fast you former high elf fanboys now void elf fanboys came to defend.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    In other countries like Canada the population has chosen to believe in hope, peace and tolerance. This we can see from the election of the Honourable Justin Trudeau who stood against the politics of hate and divisiveness.

Quote Originally Posted by Shibito View Post
    Its amazing how fast you former high elf fanboys now void elf fanboys came to defend.
    Thing is, I have never actually been fond of High Elves. However, I am a fan of the Void concept and I consider Void Elves to be a great fresh idea to flesh out the concept into a playable race. Not a single mention of High Elves and their story only has ties to Blood Elves. In the end, they are all Thalassian Elves, but I assume that's not what you mean by "High Elf fanboys".

My point is: Nowadays people just slap the "emo"/"edgy" tag to whatever looks dark and it feels like an oversaturated internet meme.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gypsybob View Post
    She has bigger things on her mind right now.

She will remember the Horde of the second war but will she hate them so much when she finds out it was the Human prince that destroyed her kingdom?

Also, the Horde helped beat Archimonde. That's no small thing for people who hate the legion.
    don't underestimate the petty writing blizzard makes the races adhere to.
    #boycottchina

Her being neutral would be fine in this reaction though.

But, her siding with a group of people that has done more damage and potentially could have done more damage to her people than the orcs could dream of is going completely against how she is. Especially when her closest friends before going to Draenor hold 2 of the 3 most important positions in Quel'thalas.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayto View Post
    Ahem.

Told you so.
    It means Alleria prefers to hold on a grudge and indeed stick to her bubble. Regardless, what'll happen in the novel will surely have some importance, given how Alleria will try to pull Quel'Thalas out of the Horde (and clearly fail). It will be indeed interesting to see her interaction with Lor'themar, how he'll explain his reasons and how Alleria will probably dismiss them with an "Alliance is still better than Horde, forget the savages and join us" reasoning or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaikal21 View Post
    why did you not expect that. i mean its not like they can change sides even if they wanted to......and thats because the game is an mmorpg....literally never in the history of wow a faction will be able to withdraw or join another faction even if it makes little or perfect sense because of gameplay......
    There's no hard and universal rule deciding that Blood Elves going Alliance is "what makes sense". What makes sense is what will make sense within the story, not the notion that the pretty elves should side with humans and dwarves by default.

The Sin'dorei have been developed as Horde race by a very long time and have been handled pretty well in that role, one holding the merit to break that infamous unwritten rule. And since it's the author who writes his story, it's way worthier the effort to write a story where Blood Elves sticking to the Horde make sense, compared to push them all the way back to the Alliance and become just bloody boring and generic like High Elves are.

Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    Will have to ask @Zulkhan to see if he still has it, I Pm'd the link to him because I found it interesting a while ago, and now I can't find it since I have cleared my inbox. In the meantime I will still look for it.
    I can give it a try but no promises.

Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    Well that is quite reassuring, since he rarely cleans his inbox XD
    No way in hell that I'll stay idle to similar slanders!

/duel

Quote Originally Posted by TheLoadbearer View Post
    They don't subscribe to "victory or death". They're "victory or life"
    Lor'themar Theron: We are the Horde! We do not back down!

Quote Originally Posted by Elven Athena View Post
    Blizzard added horde night elves in the Nightborne. The only consideration now is if they deserve the money for a faction xfer. I think they don't but re-rolling is so easy now it doesn't matter.
    Come on purply, it's time to invite the dark side in.

Despite my mockery of them, they were my favorite alliance race. The fact that their tree burns triggers me to no end. Any other alliance race should have been the punching bag, not them
    They were the only Alliance presence left in Kalimdor so that was inevitable. I mean, there's Draenei too but who gives a shit about them?

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Atm they are only elven race in alliance. So they do deserve all punching they get.
    The real tragedy (or comedy, depends from the perspective) is that Ravenmoon has joined the Void Elf supporters and literally trashed Night Elves into the dirt. The purple guys have lost their most rabid fan just like that. Pretty crazy when you think about it.

Can't say I feel bad about Night Elves, my dislike remains the same but the burning of Teldrassil has been such a ridiculously extreme act that left me rather apathetic, I didn't laugh my ass of as I expected.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

Quote Originally Posted by TheLoadbearer View Post
    I just like the story to make sense
    Yet i dont see you crying as to why isnt Sylvanas allowed to release the plague on the alliance to end them once and for all, only that BE should go alliance

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    The real tragedy (or comedy, depends from the perspective) is that Ravenmoon has joined the Void Elf supporters and literally trashed Night Elves into the dirt. The purple guys have lost their most rabid fan just like that. Pretty crazy when you think about it.

Can't say I feel bad about Night Elves, my dislike remains the same but the burning of Teldrassil has been such a ridiculously extreme act that left me rather apathetic, I didn't laugh my ass of as I expected.
    A loyalty fitting for an elf. I would expect no less. You just can't trust those filthy, double-faced long ears.

As for burning of teldrassil....it puts a huge, friendly smile on my face. I hope they will fail to save many, many civilians. The thought of all those elves engulfed in that one, giant funeral pyre...its glorious, won't you agree ?

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    A loyalty fitting for an elf. I would expect no less. You just can't trust those filthy, double-faced long ears.

As for burning of teldrassil....it puts a huge, friendly smile on my face. I hope they will fail to save many, many civilians. The thought of all those elves engulfed in that one, giant funeral pyre...its glorious, won't you agree ?
    Oh dear you forest troll you.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh dear you forest troll you.
    Oh come on, you can't deny that its such a wonderful prospect. And i think most azeroth races will see it as "good change". Hopefully it will reduce night elven population by quite a bit. Like 90%.

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Oh come on, you can't deny that its such a wonderful prospect. And i think most azeroth races will see it as "good change". Hopefully it will reduce night elven population by quite a bit. Like 90%.
    my opinon may be biased, but I would rather any other Alliance race suffer that loss than the night elves, Aside from the shit tier leadership of Tyrande and Malfurion, they had potential.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Now that you make me think about it, I wonder if Blizzard will truly reserve the High-now-Blood Elf treatment on Night Elves and go for a near-genocide.

But I don't know, having them go altogether within some big campfire seems a bit too cheap. What about those little lovable feelings you get by phisically cutting them down one by one? I'm a man of tradition, after all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

Quote Originally Posted by Leyre View Post
    Yet i dont see you crying as to why isnt Sylvanas allowed to release the plague on the alliance to end them once and for all, only that BE should go alliance
    That hadn't occurred to me. Now that it's been brought to my attention, yes, she should. But maybe the Alliance do something like maybe send agents into the city to sabotage/detonate their plague bomb stores or something, and that gives them a nerf in that fight we saw in the cinematic trailer.

Or maybe she's somehow hesitant to release the plague on their own soil? I dunno.

I stopped caring about the Night Elves after they lost their "savagery" in WoW and became generic elves. I loved the Night Elves as originally envisioned by Metzen.
    When we looked at the relics of the precursors, we saw the height civilization can attain.
    When we looked at their ruins, we marked the danger of that height.
    - Keeper Annals