Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    On one hand it's dumb, but on the other... What's honestly the worse that could happen? He dies? He's on borrowed time as is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by urasim View Post
    Who's to say it's not just a giant hoax for money. Why else would you stream it?

There was an instance of a woman, can't remember what she had or where she was from, that faked her illness to sell products that didn't work. She's in jail now... but I wouldn't put it past anyone else to fake something for profit.
    True that's a possibility but then there's also the possibility he is an attention whore/craves standing out considering he clocked in his well paid job and apartment because "he wasn't happy", still does the same sort of work but demands cryptocurrency as payment and enjoys getting involved in protests so he can take part in some good ole vandalism. Also going by one of the "researchers" comments, he wasn't particularly chuffed about the whole set up.

Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    If he has enough money understanding to do this. The problem though is this method is untested and if something goes wrong it will doo so immediately. I don’t think making value judgments of this man are appropriate. It’s his body his choice. He’s trying to cure himself I say I hope he’s successful. Although he most likely will lol not.

- - - Updated - - -

If he kills himself he’s cured of HIV.
    Well his track record makes him seem rather loony. Also Hah!

Quote Originally Posted by SupBrah View Post
    On one hand it's dumb, but on the other... What's honestly the worse that could happen? He dies? He's on borrowed time as is.
    So rather than potentially dying around his 70s, he dies before he's even 30? lol okay seems like a great investment.
    Elune: "My sister needed Anima so I let my favoured people die. What is this 'Maw' you speak of?"
    Daily reminder that Steam has never had a monopoly on PC Gaming, don't mistake age and popularity for domination.
    Because people don't understand words: Forced and Necessity

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SupBrah View Post
    HIV isn't terminal though...

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    The article is too long to quote so read the article but basically he's experimenting on himself to try and cure his HIV. My question; Brave and admirable OR insane and irresponsible?
    Insane and irresponsible. There is a reason that medical solutions need to be tested. Even if it works and cures his HIV, we have absolutely no idea what the long-term effects are. What if he's trading HIV for cancer?

Further, this is not a case where he is dying and desperate; it is not a terminal cancer patient trying whatever because what is there to lose? HIV today is highly treatable and you can live a long and full life with it.
    “Nostalgia was like a disease, one that crept in and stole the colour from the world and the time you lived in. Made for bitter people. Dangerous people, when they wanted back what never was.” -- Steven Erikson, The Crippled God

Would you kill yourself for a more comfortable life?

Seems really, REALLY stupid to me. But I value my life
    Why do you care? It's not your life.

Quote Originally Posted by StayTuned View Post
    Why do you care? It's not your life.
    Why do you care? It's not your life either.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    liberalism is a right wing idealogy.

Why do you care? It's not your life either.
    I care because I'm glad he does it to himself and not to someone else.

Imagine he kept people chained up in his basement, infecting them with HIV only to perform those experiments on them in hopes of finding a cure.

Imagine that.

It could be so much worse. Guy is basically a hero.

Easy for people NOT in his shoes to dismiss him as "irresponsible" for trying whatever he can...

7+ Year Old Account
    Considering the advances in treatments for HIV... he's a bit fucking nuts imo.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Would you kill yourself for a more comfortable life?

Seems really, REALLY stupid to me. But I value my life

Millions of people around the world risk this every day just going to work.

Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    Millions of people around the world risk this every day just going to work.
    We aren't talking about someone in chronic pain, 10 out of 10 pain, every day. We're talking about something that isn't terminal and is now considered a manageable condition.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-41990981

The article is too long to quote so read the article but basically he's experimenting on himself to try and cure his HIV. My question; Brave and admirable OR insane and irresponsible?
    Depends, if he happens to find a cure he will be considered brave and admirable, if he fails, gets worse, or even dies from this then he will be looked upon as insane and irresponsible.

Just the way the world works...

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Immortan Rich View Post
    What the fuck do yoga instructors know about gene therapy?
    Bet its the same yoga instructor that said that vaccines are bad, and earth is flat.
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

10+ Year Old Account
    We aren't talking about someone in chronic pain, 10 out of 10 pain, every day. We're talking about something that isn't terminal and is now considered a manageable condition.
    ?

I'm talking about people working deadly jobs so they can improve their lives.

?

I'm talking about people working deadly jobs so they can improve their lives.
    That's great. That's not the topic. Go create a thread about that. Or... You know.... Stick to the topic?

10+ Year Old Account
    That's great. That's not the topic. Go create a thread about that. Or... You know.... Stick to the topic?

It was a direct reply to your statement. If my reply is off topic, so is your statement.

It was a direct reply to your statement. If my reply is off topic, so is your statement.
    My statement was referring the the illness talked about in this thread, HIV. Then you started going off randomly about other illnesses and bringing us off topic.

Considering the strict rules (for a good reason) around use of human testing this sounds HIGHLY illegal and the sort of thing that would get everyone involved banned for life from any form of medical employment.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

10+ Year Old Account
    My statement was referring the the illness talked about in this thread, HIV. Then you started going off randomly about other illnesses and bringing us off topic.

Your statement was about people not wanting to risk their lives to improve it. You are factually wrong.

Your statement was about people not wanting to risk their lives to improve it. You are factually wrong.
    With regards to THIS illness. Not OTHER illnesses. Why is this so hard for you?

Nothing in my post even hinted at other illnesses.