Quote Originally Posted by lokithor View Post
    Not on console after they said in the console release that they were coming, along with a social update with supergroups and chat. Not to mention all the other stuff they said was coming.
    The person I quoted mentioned playing in 2015 where there was no console so was going with that angle.

Deleted
    It is a shame the game is shutting down. I wanted to try it out playing rocket raccoon. However, since I'm a pvp player I waited until there would be some awesome pvp update in the game. Seems like it never came :/

Damn shame. One of the few ARPGS I liked. I stopped playing it after a while and tried giving it ago when they revamped the stats/gear but that, to me, was just a big ol clusterfuck.

It's stuff like this that has me worried about the future of gaming sometimes. Despite all the money people paid for their DLC and such, Marvel decides "That's it" and the game just vanishes.

And it's not like this is the 1st established game which basically ceases to exist and becomes impossible to play.
    You must show no mercy, Nor have any belief whatsoever in how others judge you: For your greatness will silence them all!
    -Warrior Wisdom

Quote Originally Posted by lokithor View Post
    Not on console after they said in the console release that they were coming, along with a social update with supergroups and chat. Not to mention all the other stuff they said was coming.
    But he's talking about 2015...

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Icaras View Post
    It's stuff like this that has me worried about the future of gaming sometimes. Despite all the money people paid for their DLC and such, Marvel decides "That's it" and the game just vanishes.

And it's not like this is the 1st established game which basically ceases to exist and becomes impossible to play.
    That's a risk you accept when you pay for an online-only game. You don't own anything in it, you just own the ability to play it while it's running.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cattleya View Post
    That's a risk you accept when you pay for an online-only game. You don't own anything in it, you just own the ability to play it while it's running.
    Certainly, but I'd say there are several unique factors that makes this feel a little raw. For starters, it just launched on a new platform which is not the typical pre stage for a game shutting down. Many people who had been playing for years may have made this transition and then spent more money. To be honest, there should be some legal ramifications for F2P games on consoles having a certain duration of operation that would have superceded Disney's pull. Otherwise what is to stop predatory games from abusing that lack of oversight?

But regardless, this is also a game based on a very popular and hugely profiting universe. Most games that shut down after F2P aren't really based on anything or very well known. Typically the IP carries the game if it's that popular, like SWTOR compared to Wildstar.
    BAD WOLF

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    To be honest, there should be some legal ramifications for F2P games on consoles having a certain duration of operation that would have superceded Disney's pull. Otherwise what is to stop predatory games from abusing that lack of oversight?
    The console game closes 1 day after the 6 month period the founders packs (or w/e the console version was named) promised the time of. So definitely shady, and I support everyone getting stuff back from gaz re: console.

That said people who want refunds for PC are whiny. If you got 6 months, a year, 2, 3, 4...that's longer lifespan than a lot of TVs, laptops, certainly iphones, every CoD and Halo game. This idea that you should have had access to it forever is oblivious.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    I'm not sure if you guys have noticed but sometimes I say things that are kind of dumb
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    I just like reading about the "vigorous rubbing" that might affect ball inflation.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    There were raids in game and still are.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    The person I quoted mentioned playing in 2015 where there was no console so was going with that angle.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vespian View Post
    But he's talking about 2015...
    I was referring to the 3rd raid that spent 2 years "in development" and never happened.

Along with a patrol mode, additional story content after Hightown.. Something huge happened in the company that made the whole company reshuffle, devs left with haste (and no, it wasn't the "game developer retention" excuse), new CEO, then suddenly they just did a massive 180 and veered towards BUE and the console release to a predictable death.

Btw Doomsaw and Asros broke silence on Reddit. The new CEO definitely killed the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Al Gorefiend View Post
    Btw Doomsaw and Asros broke silence on Reddit. The new CEO definitely killed the game.
    Well everyone pretty much knew this. Him and his "past" is definitely going to be a dealbreaker in the eyes of Disney.

Do you have a link to any recent ones? I've been watching the subreddit for a few months now and nothing new from Doomsaw/Asros in terms of posts that I saw. So it might be buried in an existing one.

I wish they could have just axed the new CEO and put someone else in charge.

When they released the console version and changed all the systems I really felt the game was ruined. After about of week of play, I decided the game design was no longer respectable and gave up entirely.

Not surprised the game is closing down.

Doesn't really make it acceptable, but short of getting the code and making private servers, there's not much we can do. Which sucks
    You must show no mercy, Nor have any belief whatsoever in how others judge you: For your greatness will silence them all!
    -Warrior Wisdom

Well i myself don't see that as much of a problem. Half my steam library is full of games that i paid money for, that i played and i will never play again. Yes, in theory i could play them again but in reality i won't since there are always new games to play.
    So who cares, i paid ~60 Euros für Marvel Heroes and got 1600 hours out of it, for me thats money well spent.

I will miss it, though. I was part of my saturday morning routine. Tea, co-optional Podcast and Marvel Heroes. Well, i have to find another time-waster...

Well I'm riding this game all the way out. Using the Gs they send out each day I've bought all the heroes and team-ups, I'm going to spam all the cards to get all the remaining costumes/teams-ups/etc. that I always wanted, and then I'm going to build the most perfect ever She-Hulk to beat the shit out of anything and everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Icaras View Post
    Doesn't really make it acceptable, but short of getting the code and making private servers, there's not much we can do. Which sucks
    You could not waste money on microtransactions.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

10+ Year Old Account
    RIP Squirrel Girl, you will be missed.

So it seems the game is shutting down much sooner.......as in this friday.

http://massivelyop.com/2017/11/22/ru...d-of-the-year/

Massively OP has received a credible tip from a former Gazillion employee who told us under condition of anonymity that Marvel Heroes will be over significantly sooner than Disney and Marvel previously declared.

The ex-employee says he was terminated as of today, that Gazillion is being shut down entirely, and that Marvel Heroes will sunset this coming Friday, not at the end of the year as originally announced

The termination letter written by CEO Dave Dohrmann was shared with Massively OP and claims that banking creditors have effectively pulled the plug on the company, leading to the termination of almost every employee at the studio and the apparent renege of benefits including accrued PTO.

A representative for Marvel told us last week that the game would remain online until the end of December, but the letter says that Marvel directed Gazillion to prepare the sunset ASAP; we expect an announcement soon. You can read up on the whole sorry saga in our last summary.

We have reached out to Gazillion, Marvel, and Disney for comment. Our hearts go out to the innocent devs whose holidays and lives just got flung into turmoil.
    RIP.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    So it seems the game is shutting down much sooner.......as in this friday.

http://massivelyop.com/2017/11/22/ru...d-of-the-year/

RIP.
    An entire company just kicked out the door because of the actions of the CEO? Fucking hell, Disney.

10+ Year Old Account
    Damn... That's brutal. Ah well, guess I had a chance to unlock all the heroes and give most of them a try.

Seems to shame to just let the game die though, it's a fun game.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30