View Poll Results: Did you go premium?

Voters
127. This poll is closed
  • Hell yeah, the site deserves support!

27 21.26%
  • Nah man, that's like 3 burritos a year! Fuck web developers!

100 78.74%
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by The Jabberwock View Post
    No, it isn't. If they want to get their money by using annoying tactics from shifty advertisers, then they get adblocked. It's 100% MMO-Champion's fault, and no one else's. Your idiotic opinion notwithstanding.
    Alright man, you're poor, I get it. No need to be hostile.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    The main thing I use here is the forums, and mainly I don't feel like paying for a service that lacks so much transparency and response time.

I'd kinda like to know I get some sort of benefit from the exchange.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

Quote Originally Posted by oplawlz View Post
    Alright man, you're poor, I get it. No need to be hostile.
    Yes, that's totally it. <rolls eyes>

"Hey dude, why ain't u giffing ur money to a site that giffs u virases and harrasses u unless u pay them?!?! u so cheep yo!" --You

10+ Year Old Account
    So now that we finally have the premium feature which so many people said would get them to stop blocking the site (and for a very reasonable price), how many of you put your money where your mouth is and pitched in?
    Considering the big FU I have gotten in the past, I have been resistant however paying for premium on behalf of others however who maybe can't I am really considering to do it.

I enjoy the site and have gotten so much from it, so it maybe worth it to also help improve the site.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Nope, not going to pay a subscription for something I currently already get for free.

Adblock programs are free, why waste my money?

Websites come and go every day, if your website requires you having annoying ads, often with popups and malware to stay alive, then I will gladly use adblock until the website shuts down and I go to a new one.

Is there a money back guarantee if I get banned when a mod doesn't like the words I post?

10+ Year Old Account
    So now that we finally have the premium feature which so many people said would get them to stop blocking the site (and for a very reasonable price), how many of you put your money where your mouth is and pitched in?
    Don't put words in my mouth. Not paying for it. And I'm paying for Amazon prime already. Why doesn't it cover this?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tota View Post
    Is there a money back guarantee if I get banned when a mod doesn't like the words I post?
    This is also an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Cheese View Post
    Don't put words in my mouth. Not paying for it. And I'm paying for Amazon prime already. Why doesn't it cover this?
    No one put words in your mouth. If you didn't say it the statement obviously does not apply to you.
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    Why would I pay for MMOC?
    pretty much this ^
    #boycottchina

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    The main thing I use here is the forums, and mainly I don't feel like paying for a service that lacks so much transparency and response time.
    The forum moderators are entirely volunteers, so paying Curse won't support anything to do with moderation (which is what I assume you mean by response time).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Cheese View Post

This is also an issue.
    yeah bans seems pretty trigger happy here, so another reason not to give this site money.
    #boycottchina

No one put words in your mouth. If you didn't say it the statement obviously does not apply to you.
    Aww, the poor little guy is soooo upset that people are calling him on his shit. Heartbreaking!

It's amazing how it was clearly aimed at everyone in the original post, now it apparently only applies to like two people on the planet or something. Neat how that works!

Pay them to stop using some of the most invasive and shitty ads I've ever seen? Lmao. There wouldn't be an ad blocker used on their website if they were even slightly respectful of the performance and security of my desktop. If they can't keep the site running after that exchange its their problem. I don't need their news or forums. We will just gather somewhere else like Discord class servers to discuss things
    Last edited by Erolian; 2017-11-23 at 01:14 AM.

Never give money to a website that you've no control over.
    Adblocker...NoScript...plenty of freeware that can control that shitty advertising.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would pay for premium if it made it so posts started by shitposters that I have ignored wouldn't show up on the front page for me.
    Topics started by them would also need to not be shown when browsing individual categories etc.
    Last edited by lockblock; 2017-11-23 at 02:08 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zigrifid View Post
    Pay for a site with the worst team of moderators ? why would i do that? if i decide i want to assist a site it wont be cause of the content but cause of the people that run it.Also since i see a lot of people talking about how cheap it is, its not the amount of money premium costs its what it rewards it has, you get something 90% of internet users have by default with browser addons and .........a tag.........at least put a little effort.
    This and other posts are just making me shake my head.

If you dislike the moderation team and the site so much, why are you still here? Why not go somewhere else? You and everyone else moaning about how awful MMOC is, you're like people who sleep in a bed of broken glass, complain about it, do nothing, and go to bed the next night on the same bed of broken glass.

10+ Year Old Account
    I dropped money for a year. It's dirt cheap, and why not?
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys View Post
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

I never whitelist any site for any reason, but I still supported. It's less money than I normally spend in a day for a whole year of premium. I get premium in every site that offers it if I regularly use it.
    Originally Posted by Zarhym (Blue Tracker)
    this thread is a waste of internet

Quote Originally Posted by The Jabberwock View Post
    Aww, the poor little guy is soooo upset that people are calling him on his shit. Heartbreaking!

It's amazing how it was clearly aimed at everyone in the original post, now it apparently only applies to like two people on the planet or something. Neat how that works!
    You might want to read the op.

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yuyn View Post
    The forum moderators are entirely volunteers, so paying Curse won't support anything to do with moderation (which is what I assume you mean by response time).
    I'd say that has an effect on the professionalism, I know some try their hardest but the lack of transparency and response time for questions really doesn't make for something I'd actually fund out of pocket.

Giving money to this site seems ill justified considering not much will change about that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.