Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    better trudeau then trump...i see politic like use car salesmen.. they all screw you in the end.. just pick the one that is the more charismatic, he will screw you like the other numnut but he will smile doing it
    The difference beteween genius and stupidity... genius has its limit

Quote Originally Posted by Tennis View Post
    Except it was a racist statement.
    No it wasn't, I don't take offense though. Theres no way you know what racism is or means

Overall fairly happy with him. Is he perfect, far from it, was he the best option during the last election, yes 100%. Harper was great about 5-7 years ago but was steadily just becoming a USA light, which as proven by the last election is a no go for most. For the next election I still don't see the Grits losing a majority. As the Tories currently are I don't see them getting a majority at all or even close to it, I almost don't even see them getting Offical Opposition status if they stay the way they are currently. NDP seems to have realized there mistake with Mulclair and I wouldn't be surprised if they get Official Opposition again.
    Noirluna the Immortal of Proudmoore

Quote Originally Posted by Frontenac View Post
    Justin Trudeau is P.E. Trudeau Light. Even more left-leaning (but still with friends in good places), more bling, believes that Canada has no identity, and has a hard time to speak without inserting a "uh" between each word if his speech is not written. At least in French.
    So your criticisms of him are..

1. He's a left leaning liberal.
    2. He has "bling".
    3. He "doesn't believe Canada has an identity" (???)
    4. Not an amazing public speaker.

Those are some of the most shallow, unsubstantial criticisms of any politician I've ever heard. Not only are some of them laughably and demonstrably false (he is hardly left leaning, he's firmly centre-left), but some of them have literally no meaning. What does "he believes Canada has no identity" even mean? Is that some coy dogwhistle I don't understand, or is it genuinely meaningless?

10+ Year Old Account
    every one of my key strokes is actually a brush stroke on the canvas that is the off-topic forum
    Quote Originally Posted by CosmicGuitars View Post

2. He has "bling".

Those are some of the most shallow, unsubstantial criticisms of any politician I've ever heard. Not only are some of them laughably and demonstrably false (he is hardly left leaning, he's firmly centre-left), but some of them have literally no meaning. What does "he believes Canada has no identity" even mean? Is that some coy dogwhistle I don't understand, or is it genuinely meaningless?

I miss it as much as I miss man-child president that talks in tweets.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Dracula View Post
    I'm sure the more idiotic of the Country do. But why people would be happy with someone that literally favours everyone else but his own Countrymen is beyond me.
    Maybe because you're so full of shit the whites of your eyes have turned brown.

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    North Korea
    Russia
    Add Venezuela and voilà.

Quote Originally Posted by satimy View Post
    Theres no way you know what racism is or means
    As someone who knows it by living it, enlighten us.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am farily impartial. I voted for him, i think he does well for some things. I would love it if he stopped doing all these damn government formal apologies to every single minority and downtrodden group in history of the last 500 years but whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by infinit View Post
    dumb comparison.... hes backtracked on the most important parts like voting reform. so we know thats never getting done

- - - Updated - - -

if you want textbook racism from Canada listen to the CBC, they have people on their shows all the time who don't even try to hide their hatred of white people.
    Irony is that Canada has hate speech laws that seem to only apply when white people violate them. At least Obama said that group of black people who kidnapped the white special needs kid and tortured him because of Trump should have been charged with hate crimes while other people in the US said essentially that hate crime laws were made for white people not minorities.

10+ Year Old Account
    every one of my key strokes is actually a brush stroke on the canvas that is the off-topic forum
    isn't he getting impeached and its only been a year?

I don't feel that he has been a very effective PM in terms of domestic policy.
    - The Liberals have failed to just pass a lot of legislation in general. I think someone prepared data showing that they passed less legislation in 2 years than the previous Conservative government passed in a year (and the Cons had a minority at the time).
    - They've backed down pretty heavily on a lot of significant campaign promises - just look at electoral reform for a prime example of this.
    - Some of their financial policy decisions have been just awful - the small business tax credit stuff that they made a huge mess of and are now having to walk back, taking away tax credits for transit users for no apparent reason, etc.
    - Trudeau is plagued a largely weak and inept cabinet. He seemed to put more priority on achieving gender parity and promoting a lot of potential "rising stars" than actually putting in the most qualified people for cabinet jobs. As a result, he ended up putting ministers with 0 political experience in charge of key departments including Finance, Defense, Justice, Health, etc while leaving experienced politicians on the sideline. It's noticably impeded the government's ability to get stuff done.
    - As with every Liberal government, they campaigned to the left then moved to the center/center right once in government, frustrating a lot of people on the left of the spectrum.

Overall, my opinion of Trudeau is that he is almost a carbon copy of Harper, just with more charisma. The actual stuff the government has done really hasn't differed by any meaningful degree from what would have happened if we re-elected the Conservatives. I don't think there's much chance the Liberals lose power next election, but with the polling where it is, and with a relatively appealing new NDP leader, and a new Conservative leader that won't have the negatives of Harper, I wouldn't be surprised at all to see them lose their majority.

10+ Year Old Account
    i'm talking about Trump of course.

The Cucks are. He is their Cucklord.

And despite my lukewarm opinion of Trudeau, if my decision was between having Trudeau or Trump as my leader, I would take Trudeau every damned day of the week.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    NOT HAPPY at all!!!!! I would take literally any other politician in his place. Really wish Ralph Klein was still alive and running in a federal election....though even though he's dead he'd still have my vote over Justin.......

Quote Originally Posted by Chaelexi View Post
    He is an idiot with a silver spoon in his mouth and a hand up his butt. AKA a rich puppet who is worse for the middle class, worse for Natives, on a mission to destroy small business and family farms, supports companies that have not turned a profit in years because VOTES and in turn is not making any changes that actually effect the very rich.....including himself and his cronies. But hey he is pandering to the UN and sending money there.....

- - - Updated - - -

It is more and more sounding like that will be 21 months out. Most of the provinces are saying it is not enough time properly get legislation in place. Also by legal you mean smoke in your home, will hold the same or worse penalties for DUI, use in public and supplying to a minor.
    The 1st of July 2018 is still the date of legalization, he has not budged on it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by infinit View Post
    Depending on what province you are in, you might be worse of once its legal.
    its looking bad for Quebec and Ontario (and maybe a few more I have not looked into it too much)
    I have been following everything, it won't be that bad, everyone will just grow their own it is not hard to do.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CosmicGuitars View Post

2. He has "bling".

Well, you should ask him what it means. Because he said so himself. Canada has no identity. It is the first post-national state of the world. I agree with you, it's meaningless. Don't blame me. Blame him.

Center-left is still left, and compared to his father, he is more left-leaning, more progressive. Hell, he even got even more left than the NDP last elections! And this was not criticism, but an observation. BladeXcrasher asked how he was compared to his father.

Like his father, he has panache and is a show-off. That's a fact. He talks a lot, his speeches are full of good will and good feels, everyone is good, everyone is nice, but there's nothing behind the words. He blamed Harper for his environmental politics (rightly so), but he changed nothing of them once he got in power. To UN, he said "Canada is back!" and promised to send more troops as Blue Helmets. Well, last week, we saw that, again, the mountain gave birth to a mouse... He's like a Christmas ornament. It's all shiny and red in the outside, but there's nothing in there.
    "Je vous répondrai par la bouche de mes canons!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Trudeau is smart in the sense he uses his celebrity to charm other world leaders. So internationally he is better than Harper. But Harper is a better domestic leader by far. It also takes into fact that Trudeau has reneged on a few of his election promises already.

Otherwise, it isn't that bad. Not as bad as many people try and make it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiberria View Post
    And despite my lukewarm opinion of Trudeau, if my decision was between having Trudeau or Trump as my leader, I would take Trudeau every damned day of the week.
    Well, of course, if I was given the choice between scabies and leprosy, I would choose scabies...
    "Je vous répondrai par la bouche de mes canons!"