Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by oplawlz View Post
    Why, if I may ask? This whole kerfluffle is about one specific practice - no one is saying Blizzard shouldn't be selling cosmetics. Just stop with the random nonsense and let people buy what they want.
    I'd rather have a random chance when I level up for skins and have the ability to collect them all.

The alternative is skins will only be through buying, and they'd be stupid in pricing, like $15-20 for a legendary skin.

Meanwhile, i can get all of them by just playing the game instead.
    Last edited by Jester Joe; 2017-11-23 at 12:56 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    I'd rather have a random chance when I level up for skins and have the ability to collect them all.

The alternative is skins will only be through buying, and they'd be stupid in pricing, like $15-20 for a legendary skin.

Meanwhile, i can get all of them buy just playing the game instead.
    Indeed, Lootboxes arn't as bad as people think.

Having them banned and everything behind a paywall is much worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post

Meanwhile, i can get all of them by just playing the game instead.
    Those things aren't mutually exclusive, at all. There is no reason to remove the random level up boxes, just don't sell them and everything is gucci. Sell the skins and icons and crap individually.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeeGee View Post
    Why? Because Blizzard has fooled you with the "but muh free skins!" approach?

There is nothing stopping them from continuing to have loot boxes that can only be acquired with in game activities while also giving people the opportunity to buy a skin they have out right instead of wasting money at the "chance" for them.

It's hilarious people prescribe to this Overwatch shit out of fear they will lose their free random skins.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDeeGee View Post

Having them banned and everything behind a paywall is much worse.

Loot boxes are bad because you end spending up more money for "whole" game instead "whole" game flat price.

In both cases THERE is a paywall. But I prefer to have a pay wall for rest of bonuses instead of a gambling, you understand now?

10+ Year Old Account
    Of course it's gambling. Was plain obvious to me even before I got into these games, lootboxes add nothing but tarnish and stink of organized crime.

I want the game industry to crash so EA and Ubisoft CEOs hang themselves and games go back to being love projects instead of cash grabs.

Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    It is gambling in several countries. But gambling is legal, that's the entire point. It's not about banning the lootboxes, it's about regulate them like the rest of gambling.
    well... the title of this discussion is belgium lootboxes are gambling potential eu wide ban..

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kasierith View Post
    When I thought about getting into magic, I did some research and went on a site that let me get prepicked cards for about 140 dollars, no packs needed. When I decided I wasn't interested, I sold them for 90 bucks a year later. There is no OW equivalent
    the whole point of this is that the loot boxes can be addictive.. so gambling.. the fact that you can sell the cards after does not change that you dont know what you will get when you buy a booster pack...so.. gambling but no regulation... now on games just because they now want a ban/regulate wich is dumb.. just put a 18+ tag and done.

LOL "gambling". There are no limits to human idiocy these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Pull My Finger View Post
    LOL "gambling". There are no limits to human idiocy these days.
    The irony of this post is amazing it really is.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by ombus View Post
    well... the title of this discussion is belgium lootboxes are gambling potential eu wide ban..

- - - Updated - - -

the whole point of this is that the loot boxes can be addictive.. so gambling.. the fact that you can sell the cards after does not change that you dont know what you will get when you buy a booster pack...so.. gambling but no regulation... now on games just because they now want a ban/regulate wich is dumb.. just put a 18+ tag and done.
    Physical Card packs are already regulated by most governments and state they're gambling and the odds you're looking at on the pack.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    The irony of this post is amazing it really is.
    Oh, you had to say something, but remembered midway that you're as witty as a box of stones, so you googled a standard retort?
    Well, at least you tried.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaira View Post
    But its not... I don't agree with loot boxes but this is definately NOT gambling.
    How is it not gambling? You have a random chance to get random items. That's literally gambling. Just because you don't have a chance to receive nothing doesn't change the fact that lootboxes are a game of chance.
    Cheerful lack of self-preservation

Oh, you had to say something, but remembered midway that you're as witty as a box of stones, so you googled a standard retort?
    Well, at least you tried.
    Nope no need to google anything. Your only defense to your argument is saying (Its not gambling lalalalalalaalal), Guess what lots of government's is starting to disagree with that.

Its Gambling, you spend cash with the random chance of getting something or nothing.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Nope no need to google anything. Your only defense to your argument is saying (Its not gambling lalalalalalaalal), Guess what lots of government's is starting to disagree with that.

Its Gambling, you spend cash with the random chance of getting something or nothing.
    Box of stones.

Box of stones.
    Already ran out of smart remarks so your just repeating shit you already said?

Why am I not surprised.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Loot-boxes are not gambling. Just like lottery is not gambling, just like TCG is not gambling, just like WoW bosses are not gambling. Just like Loot-games are not gambling.

When you buy a loot-box you always get an item from it. You never lose. Not getting the item you want most is not losing, it's just a lesser win. You are not really winning anything even if you get the item you want - you just transform your money into a virtual item. It's a PURCHASE for fucks sake. Virtual items are not even material nor intrinsically valuable. When you buy a virtual item directly you buy nothing but a service of using that virtual item in the special virtual environment a.k.a. the game. When you buy a lootbox - you get the same thing, you just don't know which of the things you will get. But you know full well that such are the rules. Just like you go to the world boss in wow for a chance of getting the item you want, but compared to lootboxes it's even worse as you can get nothing at all, even though you paid 15 bucks worth of subscription. And it's still not gambling.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

But its not... I don't agree with loot boxes but this is definately NOT gambling.
    Yes it is /thread

In all seriousness, "Gambling" is betting money with the potential outcome of getting money. Loot Boxes don't even give you the chance of money and you could end up with fuckall. Just because you get something every time doesn't mean it's not gambling, especially when the items you get are usually garbage that would be the same thing as getting nothing.

Oh and inb4 people ask about TCG/CCGs: Yes, card packs are gambling too, but at least with physical cards, you always get an actual card and you can trade them. In non-tradeable games such as Hearthstone, I see it no differently from Loot Boxes.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

It kind of is though, when you're spending money for a CHANCE of something new you're essentially gambling your money away, especially when the rewards don't give a full value of in game currency when you get a duplicate.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    Yes it is /thread

In all seriousness, "Gambling" is betting money with the potential outcome of getting money.
    That's an incomplete definition. it's betting money with the hopes of getting even more money, but with a risk of losing all money. Nothing like a lootbox. Nothing in the lootbox is worth the price of a lootbox and you always get something.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    It kind of is though, when you're spending money for a CHANCE of something new you're essentially gambling your money away, especially when the rewards don't give a full value of in game currency when you get a duplicate.
    It isn't. spending money for anything is not gambling. Betting money in hopes for greater return is.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side