I was told any simulation setting other than Patchwerk does not work correctly for Balance Druids, and all multi-target sims are done using Patchwerk sims with multiple targets

Quote Originally Posted by Myztikrice View Post
    I was told any simulation setting other than Patchwerk does not work correctly for Balance Druids, and all multi-target sims are done using Patchwerk sims with multiple targets
    ...and? is there a question?

Are there any t20 pieces we gonna hold on to into antorus? Sorry if the question has been asked somewhere else.

Quote Originally Posted by Rohgraht View Post
    Are there any t20 pieces we gonna hold on to into antorus? Sorry if the question has been asked somewhere else.
    Well use 4p T20 and 2p T21 for Single target and 4p T21 with LotC for AoE.

Looks like 4p T21 got a buff via hotfix a few mins ago: "4-piece bonus now increases the damage of Moonfire and Sunfire by 20% (was 10%) for 4 seconds."

the duration was fixed back to 6s as well.
    Druid: Bermantle Battlegear
    Balance
    4-piece bonus now increases the damage of Moonfire and Sunfire by 20% (was 10%) for 6 seconds.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wing5wong View Post
    the duration was fixed back to 6s as well.
    Does that change the state of 4p t21 vs 4p20, will 4p 21 + 2 t20 be better than 4p20 + 2p21?

its just back to how it was - no change (4s was a typo)
    4p 21will be used for aoe
    2p21/4p 20 will be used for ST

Quote Originally Posted by wing5wong View Post
    its just back to how it was - no change (4s was a typo)
    4p 21will be used for aoe
    2p21/4p 20 will be used for ST
    I heard people talking about moonfire spamming being a legit thing now, thoughts on that?

Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    I heard people talking about moonfire spamming being a legit thing now, thoughts on that?
    I didn’t do the sims myself but looks like maintain starfall, keep moons on CD then fill with moon fire on anything other than single target.

Should be a lot more mobile than a wrath or LS filler at least.

Plus you get to be a real moonkin

Deleted
    with 4p21 and LatC moonfire beats wrath as a filler on 2-4 targets. However, in most situations you will likely cast Solar Wrath anyway, for more prio target damage. Also, if you ever mess up your AsP management and have starfall downtime it's a huge loss.

What are the T20 and T21 pieces we should be using for the 4+2 and 4p21 sets?

Well, obviously not shoulders for AoE. Gloves have perfect stat combination, while the back is crap(only piece with neither Mastery nor Haste), so i suppose same slots as t20.

Which leaves us with a bit of a problem for ST, since most probably won't have the right pieces for switching. Wouldn't be surprised to see some "encouragement" to switch away from 4t20 relatively soon, though.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Wouldn't be surprised to see some "encouragement" to switch away from 4t20 relatively soon, though.
    Can't go as far as to say I expect it, but I really hope so.

Hey, this is potentially a stupid question but I'm unsure I have grasped the priority of using lunar empowerments correctly.

According to Icy Veins the priority (just for empowerments) should be;
    1. Use Solar Empowerments
    2. Use Lunar Empowerments
    3. Use Solar with no Empowerments

So this to me means, use up all solar empowerments first, when none are left you either;
    A. Fire a Starsuge to generate a new solar empowerment (provided it won't overcap lunar empowerments)

Or

B. Fire an empowered Lunar Strike (if your at 3 empowerments)

This is where I then find myself questioning what do to next. If I have 0 solar emps, but have 3 lunar emps. Do I just use up 1 Lunar emp, then go back to Starsurge/Solar emp and just constantly float on 2-3 lunar emps only ever using them to keep from wasting them? Or do I literally dump all Lunars when I have no solars and won't cap AsP doing so?

I guess I don't know when or how often to use Lunar - only to stay off 3 empowerments or use them all up as filler when I would otherwise only be casting un-empowered solars?

I find I often end up camping 2-3 lunars, but eventually get to a point where I get stuck with 3 lunars emps, almost capped Asp and no solar emps. So I have to either use a Lunar and potentially cap Asp or spend Asp and waste a lunar emp. I guess the latter is the "lesser of two evils here, but I'd rather avoid either scenario!
    Last edited by Khrux; 2017-11-24 at 11:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Khrux View Post
    I find I often end up camping 2-3 lunars, but eventually get to a point where I get stuck with 3 lunars emps, almost capped Asp and no solar emps. So I have to either use a Lunar and potentially cap Asp or spend Asp and waste a lunar emp. I guess the latter is the "lesser of two evils here, but I'd rather avoid either scenario!
    That means you're generating more empowerments than you can use, and would waste some regardless.

Other than that, it's completely up to you. Balance doesn't so much have a rotation as they have 3 caps they try to avoid hitting. As long as you don't cap Moon Moon, AP or Empowerments, what spell you use when is up to you and the situation.

I guess I'm focusing too much of DPET of solar/lunar and trying to avoid casting Lunars as much as possible, which prob leads to me casting too many un-empowered solars and getting myself into situations where I'm in danger of capping Asp or wasting lunar empowerments; Because I keep ignoring lunar empowerments, I avoid spending Asp as it will overcap lunars and thus I hit a breaking point where I'm forced to pick what resource to cap.

I don't know why I have this impression that Lunars are bad or a "lesser" spell, that should be avoided where possible. Ultimately I need to use more empowered lunars earlier.
    Last edited by Khrux; 2017-11-24 at 04:00 PM.

I guess I'm focusing too much of DPET of solar/lunar and trying to avoid casting Lunars as much as possible, which prob leads to me casting too many un-empowered solars and getting myself into situations where I'm in danger of capping Asp or wasting lunar empowerments; Because I keep ignoring lunar empowerments, I avoid spending Asp as it will overcap lunars and thus I hit a breaking point where I'm forced to pick what resource to cap.

I don't know why I have this impression that Lunars are bad or a "lesser" spell, that should be avoided where possible. Ultimately I need to use more empowered lunars earlier.
    Always use empowered spells before unempowered. And Lunar is stronger than Wrath in cleave situations.

If you do that, you're not following the priority anyway. Never cast unempowered spells unless you have no other option or are saving empowerments on purpose.