Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    What if Trolls were raptors living in a zone south-west of the Well Of Eternity (grouping Un'Goro / Tanaris) and mutated thank to the magical source?

The First Troll met the Wild Gods / Loas, and some decided to live next to their home in the Zandalar mountain. Those Trolls are the higher caste of Zandalari. Other Trolls that followed them but decided to live at the bottom of the mountain. Those are the lower caste of Zandalari.
    Zandalari have a strong culture and they like to study things and history. It was forbidden to approach the C'Thraxxi's corpse at the bottom of the mountain, and to worship some Loas like Hakkar. The High Zandalari caste were not conquerors, but some of the lower caste decided that they had to grow the territory, even if they had to fight.

Then some of these lower Zandalari caste formed other Troll Tribes.
    Some became Jungle / Forest / Sand / Snow Trolls, but one Tribe in particular chose to follow Zandalari philosophy and to take some distance from the other Tribes.
    These became the Dark Trolls who lived in caverns, far from other Troll Tribes and leaving their caverns at night. They discovered Elune who was talking to them, and were asked to go to the Well of Eternity, where they mutated into Kaldoreis.

Kaldoreis still studied history and worship Wild Gods. They also studied the power of the Well of Eternity and worshipped Elune.
    Some of the Kaldoreis studying the Arcane Magic from the WoE started to call themselves the Highbornes.

When the WoE exploded, Kaldoreis had to change their society.
    Kaldoreis that lived outside Zin'Azshara and Suramar were more aligned to the Wild Gods and Nature.
    These became the Night Elves and forbid the use of Arcane Magic.

Highbornes that were living in Zin'Azshara aside Azshara died or were mutated into Nagas like their Queen.
    Highbornes that were living in Suramar built a new magic source, the Nightwell. They became the Nightbornes.
    Highbornes that were living outside Zin'Azshara and Suramar tried to find another source of magic. Some died (in Northrend), some were corrupted (Eldre'Thalas). But some survived and had to go on the new continent (Eastern Kingdoms). These became the High Elves.

So here's the family tree:
    Raptors
    Zandalari
    Zandalari high caste
    Zandalari low caste
    Jungle Trolls
    Forest Trolls
    Sand Trolls
    Snow Trolls
    Dark Trolls
    Kaldoreis
    Night Elves
    Highbornes
    Nightbornes
    High Elves
    Blood Elves

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by WolfRider View Post
    bunch of tinfoil hat
    And what if raptors were little babby lizards? They lived next to a big teacup and every 3 years their youngests climbed into the cup to take a sip of the magical dinosaur sweat that was in it. With this power they turned into proto raptors who climbed mountains with their new claws. On top of the mountain they met the great god of the mountain climbers who was angry with them and sent them flying to Un'goro.
    The protoraptors spent some time in Un'goro and some Titan bullshit turned them into raptors. Form there we can go to your story.

Quote Originally Posted by Bambs View Post
    And what if raptors were little babby lizards? They lived next to a big teacup and every 3 years their youngests climbed into the cup to take a sip of the magical dinosaur sweat that was in it. With this power they turned into proto raptors who climbed mountains with their new claws. On top of the mountain they met the great god of the mountain climbers who was angry with them and sent them flying to Un'goro.
    The protoraptors spent some time in Un'goro and some Titan bullshit turned them into raptors. Form there we can go to your story.
    Pandaren, Yaungols, Jinyu, Hozen... All these races were animal races mutated into humanoïds because they were living next to the Well of Eternity and its branches.
    Even Draeneis seem to be Talbuks evolved into humanoïds (Horns, tail, hoves).
    So why Trolls wouldn't be raptors or dinosaurs evolved into humanoïds? Look at the Zandalari, their skin, their tusks, their 2 toes feet. They are even really close to dinosaurs :P

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mcey View Post
    I think he's referring to the discussion of the potential shared origins of the elves and trolls, way before "recorded" history or sundering.
    That was exactly the reason why I posted my Op.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by WolfRider View Post
    Pandaren, Yaungols, Jinyu, Hozen... All these races were animal races mutated into humanoïds because they were living next to the Well of Eternity and its branches.
    Even Draeneis seem to be Talbuks evolved into humanoïds (Horns, tail, hoves).
    So why Trolls wouldn't be raptors or dinosaurs evolved into humanoïds? Look at the Zandalari, their skin, their tusks, their 2 toes feet. They are even really close to dinosaurs :P
    That is another topic that makes you create a new thread but then again, you created your new idea out of this.
    Last edited by vertigo12; 2017-11-22 at 11:01 PM.

They didn't turn from Troll to Elf in one generation. It was probably a slow process over dozens of generations before they attained near immortality.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    They didn't turn from Troll to Elf in one generation. It was probably a slow process over dozens of generations before they attained near immortality.
    I think the blood of immortality or at what ever cause it came from stems from them way back in time. Remember Trolls have a history of fighting Aqirs even before Night Elves fighting the First Demonic Invasion. Maybe the racial of Trolls which is Troll regeneration just got amplified when the Dark Trolls who lived close to the Well.

We know Arcane energy and even Fel energy act so fast so the transformation could have been within just a millennium. We will find out as more BfA comes out and dataminers are allowed to spill the beans.

It's kinda intriguing what kind of process or how long did it really took the Man'ari Draenei to become the demonic visage they are when they became part of the Legion.
    Last edited by vertigo12; 2017-11-24 at 03:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by vertigo12 View Post
    I think the blood of immortality or at what ever cause it came from stems from them way back in time. Remember Trolls have ha history of fighting Aqirs even before Night Elves fighting the First Demonic Invasion. Maybe the racial of Trolls which is Troll regeneration just got amplified when the Dark Trolls who lived close to the Well.

We know Arcane energy and even Fel energy acts fast so the transformation could have been within just a millennium. We will find out as more BfA comes out and dataminers are allowed to spill the beans.
    The Loa are the reason trolls can regenerate.
    If trolls are able to regenerate their limbs, why didn't Zul'jin's arm grow back?
    For the most part, it is the speed at which trolls regenerate that makes them formidable foes. When in balance with the loa of their tribe, they are also able to regrow digits (fingers and toes). Tales abound in troll culture, however, of those blessed by the loa with extraordinary regenerative abilities, such as the ability to regrow limbs and even vital organs lost in battle. The tale of Vula'jin the Void speaks of how he regrew almost his entire body after standing in a pool of shadowflame. But just as the loa can bless, they can also curse; troll children are taught legends of those cursed by the loa, unable to heal even flesh wounds, to instill the proper respect for their patron spirits.
    https://wow.gamepedia.com/Ask_CDev#A...wers_-_Round_2

Night Elves don't seem to have that ability as a whole, despite living with/near Wild Gods.

Also, once again, Dark Trolls and Darkspear Jungle Trolls are not the same thing. They're different tribes within different troll races. Dark Trolls owned land on the complete opposite of the world from the Gurubashi tribe, where all Jungle Trolls originally came from. The playable trolls have little to do with Night Elves, other than shared ancient Zandalari ancestors from well before any modern empire.
    3 hints to surviving MMO-C forums:
    1.) If you have an opinion, someone will say that it is wrong
    2.) If you have a source, there will be people who refuse to believe it
    3.) If you use logic, it will be largely ignored
    btw: Spires of Arak = Arakkoa.

I never ever gave this a tought, but now I really hope we learn that Azshara was originally a troll.

If memory serves though, there was a slight mention of night elven rulers preceding her in chronicles 1.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zlygork View Post
    I never ever gave this a tought, but now I really hope we learn that Azshara was originally a troll.
    Why stop there? Why not make her the original raptor that turned into the first troll? Or even better, why not make her the very first conscious being on Azeroth? That will make her secret history even more edgy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Somewhere between here and the sick, twisted world inside my head
    With BfA's announcement and on going Alpha and Beta test, one of the many things which make THE GAME, World of Warcraft, interesting is the quests and storylines like always game developers have been doing since Vanilla and even pre-dates back to their RTS roots.

It was hinted that Queen Azshara will make an appearance in a possible future with the release of BfA and with the unveiling of one of the allied races of the Latest Horde under the title as Warchief of the Banshee Queen Sylvanas Windrunner, they are tasked to seek the aide from one the oldest sapient races in Azeroth, the Zandalari Troll.

With King Rhastakhan's introduction as well as the introduction of Suramar elves,the Nightborne, could BfA possibly show the public the story behind the mystery of Elven lineage with the Trolls? Queen Azshara is the ruler of the ever first Elven Kingdom so she definitely have answers to who truly the elven race are. Will King Rhastakhan also give fuirther details about it? Is Queen Azshara the first mutated Troll along with the trolls who have migrated near the sundered Nightwell now left and known as Maelstrom and what lies beneathe, Naz'jatar?

Comment below!
    It has been suggested that there were rulers before Azshara, so I'm not sure why you'd think she would know this stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Destinas View Post

Night Elves don't seem to have that ability as a whole, despite living with/near Wild Gods.
    You're late with this one, it got retconned again. It's their natural trait, as it was stated in Chronicles volume1, however Loas can improve or halt this trait.
    I miss Mists of Pandaria

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Destinas View Post

Also, once again, Dark Trolls and Darkspear Jungle Trolls are not the same thing. They're different tribes within different troll races. Dark Trolls owned land on the complete opposite of the world from the Gurubashi tribe, where all Jungle Trolls originally came from. The playable trolls have little to do with Night Elves, other than shared ancient Zandalari ancestors from well before any modern empire.
    I believe it's more than just the Loa and the Titan construct in their zone has something to do about them as a race.
    "The tale of Vula'jin the Void speaks of how he regrew almost his entire body after standing in a pool of shadowflame. But just as the loa can bless, they can also curse; troll children are taught legends of those cursed by the loa, unable to heal even flesh wounds, to instill the proper respect for their patron spirits."

Iirc, The playable races of NEs gave up their immortality way back in the War of the Ancients trilogy. And it only shows that the Demi gods such are Cenarius are susceptible and can be corrupted by nightmare or the void. What's more as an example is the Pantheon even got imprisoned by Sargeras.

The tales of Vula'jin "the Void" suddenly spark wild imagination as I continue to read the next word for word. The next sentence might be the proof why Vol'jin died in the Legion battle and why he's just someone inside an urn, or so we thought.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ramz View Post
    You're late with this one, it got retconned again. It's their natural trait, as it was stated in Chronicles volume1, however Loas can improve or halt this trait.
    I believe this to be true since Troll are heavily Loa-centric culture and race while the NightElves are Elune-centric. The only remaining connection for the Night Elves with the Wild gods are the Druid but how many of them are Druid-centric since they became more-arcane and stellar/celestial aligned.
    Last edited by vertigo12; 2017-11-24 at 03:28 AM.

I believe this to be true since Troll are heavily Loa-centric culture and race while the NightElves are Elune-centric. The only remaining connection for the Night Elves with the Wild gods are the Druid but how many of them are Druid-centric since they became more-arcane and stellar/celestial aligned.
    What again to be true? That regeneration is biological or Loa thing? Because from the context of your reply it appeard to be the latter. Which I said got retconned again.
    I miss Mists of Pandaria

Which we will soon find out. I'm interested if Queen Azshara is indeed of of the mutated Dark Trolls what would be her relationship with King Rhastakhan? Would they be lovers??????Rivals?
    None. They never met since he wasn't born until millenia after the Sundering.

Deleted
    Nightborne came into existence after Surmar sealed themselves off during the war of the ancients. They were made of both Highborne and Commoners

Why stop there? Why not make her the original raptor that turned into the first troll? Or even better, why not make her the very first conscious being on Azeroth? That will make her secret history even more edgy.
    I actually had the theory that Azshara was not actually a Night Elf, but an avatar of Azeroth. She could've had earlier incarnations as well, but the Night Elven one was the first immortal one, attracting the attention of the Old Gods, who eventually corrupted her.
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nathanyel View Post
    I actually had the theory that Azshara was not actually a Night Elf, but an avatar of Azeroth. She could've had earlier incarnations as well, but the Night Elven one was the first immortal one, attracting the attention of the Old Gods, who eventually corrupted her.
    I never thought we could take this even further, but here we are.

"Malfurion and his twin brother, Illidan, were born at Lorlathil in Val'sharah[18] and grew up in Suramar as friends with Tyrande Whisperwind."

They were Nightbornes since they all came from one place and one civilization. The only difference is they made their own exodus founded Darnassus and establish/settled in what is now Kalimdor.

So basically all Night Elves were former Nightborne not unless they were born after the Great Sundering in what is now Kalimdor,not the Ancient Kalimdor which WoW haven't implemented in game as of now but for sure they will probably will as a future content of an expac.

As an analogy:
    - All Night Elves are Nightborne not unless they are born after the Great Sundering.
    - All Queldorei or Highelves are Nightborne as well as their children. The children may use and claim the title High Elves since their parents are.
    - Not all Sin'dorei are Highelves since children born after the Sundering and after the founding of Quel'thalas but they may use the title High Elves or Quel'dorei
    - Sylvanas Windrunner is a Nightborne who then became a Ranger General of Silvermoon city, a High Elf who dies at the hand of Arthas and raised as the Banshee Queen. So far the prominent Undead/Forsaken Nightborne Quel'dorei.
    - Vereesa and Alleria are also Nightborne High Elves.
    - xxxx'dorei the children of the void or whatever title the Void Elves will use. Are exiled Blood elves who will become Alliance once more technically the Queldorei Sindorei of the Grand Alliance and will be reintroduced in their ranks once more.
    No, they weren't. I don't understand how you can't understand this. All night elves are KALdorei, Children of the Stars. There were NO Nightborne in existence until Elisandre raised the barrier around Suramar and cut them off from all other forms of sustenance, save for the NIGHTwell.

Are you seeing the connection there? They're called the NIGHTborne because they fed off of the NIGHTwell.

- - - Updated - - -

Which we will soon find out. I'm interested if Queen Azshara is indeed of of the mutated Dark Trolls what would be her relationship with King Rhastakhan? Would they be lovers??????Rivals?
    What the bloody hell makes you think they have a relationship at all?

I never thought we could take this even further, but here we are.
    Unlike vertigo's idea, this one would actually make sense, though.

Queen Azshara for sure knows the answer. King Rhastakhan might as well have an idea.

- - - Updated - - -

"The nightborne (also spelled the Nightborne)[4] or shal'dorei in the native tongue[5][6] are a powerful and mystical race of night elves who live in Suramar. Since the city was first separated from the rest of the world over 10,000 years ago, they have evolved by the Nightwell into an arcane-enhanced version of their former selves."

High Elves became pale ass they stick to the Sunwell instead.
    Horde will get their Night elf counter part while Alliance will get their High Elf/Blood elf counter part.
    Incorrect. The high elves' pale skin came LONG before the Sunwell.

Sunstrider led the high elven fleets across the world for many long years. Their goal was to find places of considerable ley power for them to build their new homeland. After landing on the Lordaeron continent, they moved inland and formed a settlement in the Tirisfal Glades. After a few years, however, many were driven insane. The belief at the time was that something evil slept beneath the Glades, so the high elves abandoned the region and moved northwards.

Around this time, they had become completely severed from the life-giving energy of the Well of Eternity. This meant that they were vulnerable to the elements and had not received immortality from Nozdormu and the World Tree. They had shrunk in height and their skin had become a peach hue similar to most dwarves and humans. The high elves soon discovered primitive humans, but associated little with them. The forest trolls of Zul'Aman, under the Amani Empire, posed the greater threat to their society. The elves soon grew to hate the forest trolls and they fought each other whenever they met.
    https://wow.gamepedia.com/High_elf#R...E2.80.99Thalas

Please, learn to actually read up on your lore before you continue to make a fool of yourself.