Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Relinquished Legendary - what are the odds?

Has anyone sussed out the proc rate for legendaries from the relinquished vendor? 1%? 0.5%? 2%? I've bought a lot of relinquished gear on various alts, and gotten some lucky pieces (935 trinkets, for example), but can't remember getting a legendary from him yet. Just wondering how much I should weigh legendary when deciding which slot to buy. Thanks!

EDIT: My purpose for thread isn't boo hoo I don't get lego; it's more about how this source compares to others (invasion points, emissary, etc) and whether I should factor legendaries into deciding which slots to buy. Hope that clarifies.
    Last edited by Felfaadaern Darkterror; 2017-11-23 at 10:05 AM.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

Bloodsail Admiral Smallfruitbat's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    I thought it was 0 chance

Hmmm... I guess whatever the chance is will be modified by bad luck protection, so idk lol. Still wondering how much to consider this when deciding which slot to buy.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Smallfruitbat View Post
    I thought it was 0 chance
    Wowhead says it can happen, but your answer would explain why I haven't gotten any!

The percentage is based on your bad luck percentage. If you've cleared every raid difficultly for an example the percent of getting a legendary of that relinquished slot would be high but not guaranteed. If you keep buying the same slot you are guaranteed to get that slot's legendar(ies). Hope it helps.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

Well i wanted the legendary dps trinket and for almost 3 weeks i opened 2-3 trinkets per day, on reset with the extra quests i opened about 5 (mac'cree is great for argunite farming) and i didnt get it,i guess its really REALLY low.

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    The percentage is based on your bad luck percentage. If you've cleared every raid difficultly for an example the percent of getting a legendary of that relinquished slot would be high but not guaranteed. If you keep buying the same slot you are guaranteed to get that slot's legendar(ies). Hope it helps.
    Man I can't count how many shoulders my BrM has gone through, or gloves for my prot warrior. At this rate I'm most likely to get them when they're the only ones I don't have! lol

Quote Originally Posted by Zigrifid View Post
    Well i wanted the legendary dps trinket and for almost 3 weeks i opened 2-3 trinkets per day, on reset with the extra quests i opened about 5 (mac'cree is great for argunite farming) and i didnt get it,i guess its really REALLY low.
    Are you doing all the raids [At least all of LFR, normal and heroic EN and NH, and normal ToS]? Every emissary everyday? at least 1 Mythic + every monday for chest? You should be getting a legendary every week.

Deleted
    Got 2. One on Main, 2nd on Alt.

Are you doing all the raids [At least all of LFR, normal and heroic EN and NH, and normal ToS]? Every emissary everyday? at least 1 Mythic + every monday for chest? You should be getting a legendary every week.
    I was getting a legendary per week but i wanted the trinket :P i did got the trinket on monday as my LAST one on all 3 specs from a mythic+ run >.>

10+ Year Old Account
    I got a belt for unholy DK if u asking if there is chance or not, but beside that, I have all classes and that was only one who got it, and i did argus campaign on all of them
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

Quote Originally Posted by Allora View Post
    Got 2. One on Main, 2nd on Alt.
    Thanks! So we have confirmation that it does happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Zigrifid View Post
    I was getting a legendary per week but i wanted the trinket :P i did got the trinket on monday as my LAST one on all 3 specs from a mythic+ run >.>
    Aah ok. But to the OP, legendaries are tedious to obtain but well worth the time and you will free good after getting them -all-. Also forgot to mention above: Do ALL Argus invasions. When they pop do them. They drop legendaries as well.

I can't do everything on all five alts, but I do enough that I have 30+ legendaries between them. Pally and VDH have all their MS plus some OS. Warrior and Monk have maybe half dozen each. DK is new and looking for his first (heck he was wearing legendary WoD ring just a week ago ).

My purpose in thread wasn't boo hoo I don't get lego, it was more about how this source compares to others (invasion points, emissary, etc) and whether I should factor legendaries into deciding which slots to buy. Hope that clarifies.

Quote Originally Posted by Felfaadaern Darkterror View Post
    My purpose in thread wasn't boo hoo I don't get lego, it was more about how this source compares to others (invasion points, emissary, etc) and whether I should factor legendaries into deciding which slots to buy. Hope that clarifies.
    I personally wouldn't really factor it into your decision unless you have nothing left to gain from the relinquished vendor. If you are at the point where any relinquished piece would need to get a 25+ titanforge to even be useful, for instance, you might as well try to target a legendary slot instead. It's less reliable than invasions, rares or chests on Argus since you can't repeat it as often.

Too many factors to realistically work out the odds, unless that was the only eligible source you were gaining from.
    Bad luck protection, along with other sources and their impact on that.
    And for most players, in fact I would guess any player that isn't their only source.
    And I am sure other factors I haven't thought of could be.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

10+ Year Old Account
    it's approximately a 1% chance to occur.

I got 1 a couple day ago so they do drop but its seems very rare.

Quote Originally Posted by Felfaadaern Darkterror View Post
    Has anyone sussed out the proc rate for legendaries from the relinquished vendor? 1%? 0.5%? 2%? I've bought a lot of relinquished gear on various alts, and gotten some lucky pieces (935 trinkets, for example), but can't remember getting a legendary from him yet. Just wondering how much I should weigh legendary when deciding which slot to buy. Thanks!

EDIT: My purpose for thread isn't boo hoo I don't get lego; it's more about how this source compares to others (invasion points, emissary, etc) and whether I should factor legendaries into deciding which slots to buy. Hope that clarifies.
    As far as I know, every action that can yield you a legendary has the same base % chance, which is increased by small cumulative modifiers (the modifier depends on what you just did, from what raid difficulty, to open a chest, etc) every time you "roll the dice" for legendary but doesn't get one. The famous "bad luck protection".

And as for getting legendaries from relinqushed gear, yes, you can. My alt for a legendary from the relinquished gear. Another alt of mine found a legendary at level 107 from a treasure chest. I also got one from killing a rare back in Broken Isles.

Deleted
    Seems very rare tbh

Deleted
    It's so low that talk about being able to target legendaries in 7.2 was bullshit.