Lack of hype is good

Anyone else feels this way? Now the devs can try to deliver the best they can without the shadow of past hanging over them.

Low expectations can hardly be disappointed.

There have still being alot of Hype for BfA, but it was not as much as there was for after Legion was announced.

But i agree through, hype is something that can make any person dissapointed over and over again depending on the persons expectations.

It's one of the reasons why we get so many half finished unstable mess of Video Games today to imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Cracked View Post
    Anyone else feels this way? Now the devs can try to deliver the best they can without the shadow of past hanging over them.

Low expectations can hardly be disappointed.
    We don't even know that much about the game yet. We know about some of the key features, but we don't really know how it all fits together.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I mean after the Legion announcement we got this:

Between DH and Artifact weapons, even with very little actual information, there was so much speculation to be had!
    But... that's about right.

Well, except that you don't see that many rets because they apparently suck or something. But that hardly fixes the issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I mean after the Legion announcement, which had far less information on the actual content or how zones would be, we still had space to speculate about what artifact weapons 36 specs would get. That kept us all hyped and involved for ages.

The new expansion has the most ambitious feature in the history of WoW (improved NPC AI) but there is nothing to talk about until we get it in our hands and can play with it.
    No Hype is Bad.
    Too Much Hype is Bad.

A good example is: WoD, WoD got a fair share of hype. And didnt deliver. Legion got much hype, but did mostly deliver.
    Soo, one could argue, that BFA has kinda not enough hype (yet).
    But, blizzard can always sprinkle more Hype.

Maybe the want to try to increase the hype more to launch. Well see. I for one, am kinda Hyped. What they talked about are pretty good improvements on the Paper. But yea, not much to talk about.