Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    A realm full of old people complaining about how the new fangled expansions ruined everything and that they remember how it was in 2004 when you had to grind for 24 hours a day uphill both ways in bare feet.

Yeah sure, keep em penned up. That's probably what they want anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    That's because WoW was seen as the casual MMO from day 1, I also played EQ but I had a good feeling that WoW was going to steamroll EQ so I made the switch day 1 of Vanilla's launch. No question it was far easier than what we experienced in EQ, UO, DAoC and the other mmos out at the time.

- - - Updated - - -

lol, what? speed clearing MC in a Vanilla-Like experience isn't the same as playing 12 years ago, but hey whatever floats your boat.

Just another thread where someone claims all Vanilla veterans want the same thing, as if we're some hive mind.
    That's what I'm saying, most of you were shitty players clicking, having bad specs and bad itemisations. You don't know squat about Vanilla raiding.

Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post
    That's what I'm saying, most of you were shitty players clicking, having bad specs and bad itemisations. You don't know squat about Vanilla raiding.
    Oh good lord, yeah no fucking kidding information was known well after Vanilla had moved on to other expansions. But what I'm saying is that Vanilla-Like servers were NOT Vanilla. They tried to get as close as they could sure but they weren't Vanilla.

I do love the attempt at an elitist attitude though.

Oh good lord, yeah no fucking kidding information was known well after Vanilla had moved on to other expansions. But what I'm saying is that Vanilla-Like servers were NOT Vanilla. They tried to get as close as they could sure but they weren't Vanilla.

I do love the attempt at an elitist attitude though.
    You're right, they were probably harder since the server did custom changes to lower gold farming.

If I could farm DM:N to get 100g an hour I'd gladly do it.

You're right, they were probably harder since the server did custom changes to lower gold farming.

If I could farm DM:N to get 100g an hour I'd gladly do it.
    Riiiight I've heard gold is flowing more on a PS than it ever was in Vanilla because of poor coding. You do realize that all the best known gold farming methods are well in use now that everyone knows what to do?

Did you play Vanilla when it was current? I am really curious. Because gold was not flowing like you seem to think it was. Most of the good methods on making gold didn't get found out til late Vanilla if at all. You know you played on a 1.12 patch server right? You are making it seem like your time in 'Vanilla' was what people experiencing 1.2, 1.3 and so on always had available. That wasn't the case..

15+ Year Old Account
    I played vanilla when it was current, both endgame PvE and to Rank 14, so by your definition my opinion matters:

No, this is a dumb idea.
    Dragonflight: Grand Marshal Hottage
    PC Specs: Ryzen 7 7800X3D | ASUS ROG STRIX B650E-I | 32GB 6000Mhz DDR5 | NZXT Kraken 120
    Inno3D RTX 4080 iChill | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB | NZXT H200 | Corsair SF750 | Windows 11 Pro
    Razer Basilisk Ultimate | Razer Blackwidow V3 | ViewSonic XG2730 | Steam Deck 1TB OLED

Riiiight I've heard gold is flowing more on a PS than it ever was in Vanilla because of poor coding. You do realize that all the best known gold farming methods are well in use now that everyone knows what to do?

Did you play Vanilla when it was current? I am really curious. Because gold was not flowing like you seem to think it was. Most of the good methods on making gold didn't get found out til late Vanilla if at all. You know you played on a 1.12 patch server right? You are making it seem like your time in 'Vanilla' was what people experiencing 1.2, 1.3 and so on always had available. That wasn't the case..
    Congrats, you raided up to Domo with bugs while I'm speedrunning BWL with no bugs.

My experience is still massively more than yours and by the end of the year I'll have gone through all of Vanilla's raid content.

And gold was less scarce on Retail because Private Servers have custom changes to gold farming spots as well as Devilsaur mafia.

They also have 8K players online instead of 2K, meaning more crowded world gold farm spots.

Quote Originally Posted by Speedlance View Post
    then let us have our own realm which is not contaminated with people who don't understand.
    How would you even enforce/screen this so only people who "understand" Vanilla or played Vanilla back in the day?

Congrats, you raided up to Domo with bugs while I'm speedrunning BWL with no bugs.

My experience is still massively more than yours and by the end of the year I'll have gone through all of Vanilla's raid content.
    LOL keep telling yourself that bud. I went through the actual Vanilla experience and you are just getting an emulated experience of it. Mobs did proper damage, had the correct hps and spells worked as intended, you got an emulation with guesses.

Funny that you are also trying to guess what content I did and didn't do. Not even worth getting into it with you on that regard, you aren't here to have a reasonable discussion. You haven't even gone through all of the content anyways.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommi View Post
    Lol.....

Just, lol.
    This /10char

LOL keep telling yourself that bud. I went through the actual Vanilla experience and you are just getting an emulated experience of it. Mobs did proper damage, had the correct hps and spells worked as intended, you got an emulation with guesses.

Funny that you are also trying to guess what content I did and didn't do. Not even worth getting into it with you on that regard, you aren't here to have a reasonable discussion. You haven't even gone through all of the content anyways.
    Most of the people in the dev team as well as those reporting any bugs played Retail. Also Vanilla in 2005 had plenty bugs. Unkillable C'thun, blinking through the world and so on. So spare me. This version of Vanilla probably has fewer bugs than 2005 did.

Funny that you are also trying to guess what content I did and didn't do. Not even worth getting into it with you on that regard
    So you didn't get past Vaelstrasz by the end of Vanilla, got it.

Why don't you let people that actually played Vanilla talk about it.
    Last edited by pateuvasiliu; 2017-11-24 at 04:28 AM.

Most of the people in the dev team as well as those reporting any bugs played Retail. Also Vanilla in 2005 had plenty bugs. Unkillable C'thun, blinking through the world and so on. So spare me. This version of Vanilla probably has fewer bugs than 2005 did.
    There is a difference in playing retail and then GUESSING at how spell formulas worked, correct mob hps and many other things. Private Servers are EMULATIONS and not the real deal. No shit there was bugs in Vanilla. That isn't what we're talking about.

- - - Updated - - -

So you didn't get past Vaelstrasz by the end of Vanilla, got it.

Why don't you let people that actually played Vanilla talk about it.
    *woosh* Oooh nice guess, try again sir/ma'am. I'll take my actual Vanilla experience over your Vanilla-Like experience any day of the week.

Deleted
    Hello

Would you guys be very opposed to a couple of realms or 1 realm at least for purely people who actually played vanilla, where everything will cycle from the start with all the bugs and progress up to Naxx.
    Because I personally want to experience vanilla with people who properly understand why we enjoyed it and experienced it first hand and I suspect a lot of these vanilla fanboys didn't actually play vanilla and are only jumping on the hype train.
    Those guys don't know why it was special and they will never experience what us real vanilla people felt when we played.

Are this something you guys would like? Any opinion from people who didn't play vanilla don't matter.
    1. I played the original vanilla
    2. If possible i'l pay Blizzard ekstra to make sure i'm not on the same server as you

There is a difference in playing retail and then GUESSING at how spell formulas worked, correct mob hps and many other things. Private Servers are EMULATIONS and not the real deal. No shit there was bugs in Vanilla. That isn't what we're talking about.

- - - Updated - - -

*woosh* Oooh nice guess, try again sir/ma'am. I'll take my actual Vanilla experience over your Vanilla-Like experience any day of the week.
    Elysium has fewer bugs than Retail WoW had at its time, though.

I'll see you in one year and a half when I'm clearing through all content while you struggle to do BRD

Deleted
    So excluding people, yeah seems like something blizzard is gonna do

10+ Year Old Account
    then let us have our own realm which is not contaminated with people who don't understand.
    Don't speak for me pls.

I think you underestimate how many loyal gamers are still playing wow.
    I think you underestimate how many people have moved on from the game or grown up after 13 years.

I'll see you in one year and a half when I'm clearing through all content while you struggle to do BRD
    oh yes, BRD, such a challenge, /yawn. I'll stick with my M+ 15s thanks.

oh yes, BRD, such a challenge, /yawn. I'll stick with my M+ 15s thanks.
    Who said BRD is a challenge?

Who said BRD is a challenge?
    Apparently you think it is because you claimed I'd struggle in BRD. Hell, you should try and keep up with the nonsense you spout.