Poll: What's the most you'd be willing to pay for Vanilla

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Free would be awful for the community. Either a cheaper separate sub, or included in the retail sub should be mandatory.

10+ Year Old Account
    Bring back the old and have it act as it's own stand alone game, but expect it to either tie in with current sub or cheaper...that's just stupid.
    Pay the same and pay separately for what you want. You made the demand, now you gotta deal with the costs. Life not gonna bundle tie everything and hand it to you free or cheaper for something that is old or in demand.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dragon171 View Post
    You made the demand, now you gotta deal with the costs.
    The costs are trivial. WoW Classic won't get content updates (the most expensive part of WoW to develop) and it will run on the same backend infrastructure as the live game, whose costs are so trivial they don't even bother listing them in their financial statements.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    They haven't even started work on Classic. BfA may very well be over before it gets released.
    Gonna have to ask for a source. In January, Nostalrius asked Elysium and the community to stop using their core. They also shut down transfers.

This 99.99% means Nostalrius was made aware by Blizz that Classic Servers were coming, as they were pro private servers till then. That means Blizz has been sitting on the WoW Classic news since at least January. I highly doubt they did nothing between January and Blizzcon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    This doesn't make any sense... If you are still paying for retail you are clearly invested in it, so what makes you think that people who are also interested in classic would abandon their subs for retail en masse to start a new venture?
    If Classic cost 5-10$ / month, I will stop playing Retail and play Classic instead. This mean blizzard will lose 5-10$ from me...

Every active player who want to switch on classic will do that.

I want to pay 15$ for both version... I do not want to pay more.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Shouldn't be "free" but also should not require a seperate sub. If you're subbed to retail you get vanilla access for "free" If you are not subbed to retail then you have to pay for a subscription for vanilla, at the same price.

Should be included in the current subscription, in my opinion. If we have to pay something, it should be a one time payment to "buy" it. I wouldn't mind giving Blizzard 10-15 euros to get a proper classic version to have fun on from time to time.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Razion View Post
    Or is it the primary thing enabling it?

People don't like getting less than what they pay for...
    No, games that are f2p have a far more toxic player base than games which require a purchase or subscription. Take LoL for example, a good deal of their development goes towards fighting toxic players.
    Priest Warrior
    You are not your role. You are not how much gold you have on your account.
    You are not the mount you ride. You are not the contents of your bank.
    You are not your epic purples. You are not a special and unique snowflake.
    You are the all-grinding, all-farming crap of Azeroth.

No.

1 sub to access WoW servers, Classic servers included.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Razion View Post
    WoW already does these things. (Mounts, Pets, Expacs)
    I don't think you've ever played on a private server if you think that Blizzard's cash shop is anything like those found on private servers.
    Sylvanas didn't even win the popular vote, she was elected by an indirect election of representatives. #NotMyWarchief

Quote Originally Posted by Glaziola View Post
    It is not an assumption, it is how things work.
    Example: Average middle class person in western europe has busy schedule and only plays rated pvp in the evening. They dont have the desire to waste their valuable time grinding gold. They buy it for 20€

Teenager from eastern europe plays all day gets like 15€ pocketmoney and cant pay for wow because food going partying etc.. has the time to farm and has milions of gold, sells his gold for gametime.

This way blizzard earned 20€ for the teenagers 1 month gametime which normally costs 13€. Blizzard made free 7€ out of nowhere.

Thats how it works, Im not making this shit up.
    Pst, look behind you. There's a joke you missed.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Same sub as Legion/BfA etc.

Small one-time buy in fee of like €10-15.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by mrgummage View Post
    Good luck making 300,000g at level 20.
    You can only hold like 10 gold per character anyway (Starter Account)

I see it as you can pay the same price as wow sub for it if you only want classic or you pay a combined less cost for both. Say 15 USD for either or 22.50 USD for both.

No, it should not be free.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by reemi View Post
    If Classic cost 5-10$ / month, I will stop playing Retail and play Classic instead. This mean blizzard will lose 5-10$ from me...

Every active player who want to switch on classic will do that.
    I would guess that you're in a minority. Someone who is willing to completely abandon live like that is likely to quit it at some point in the near future anyway. Better to have them pay $5–$10 for classic instead of $0. I imagine the majority of current WoW players will play classic on the side, at least during content droughts etc.

A lower classic sub will also attract players that are not willing to pay the full sub for a game that they know will not be getting content updates ever. So again that's $5–$10 that Blizzard gets instead of $0.
    Last edited by mmocac5635958d; 2017-11-23 at 05:11 PM.

Should be part of the normal subscription and require the purchase of BfA.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    You should have to buy it like you would an expansion and have it share a subscription with retail

I don't believe there should be a cost to buy Classic, as it's something most people purchased at some point or another - whether or not they started in Vanilla. The base version wasn't free until either Cata or MoP? I can't remember.

There should be a sub fee. Though I'm not necessarily sure it should be separate from the standard live fee. If it is kept separate though, I'm completely fine with that.

10+ Year Old Account
    should require the latest xpansion and sub
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    should require the latest xpansion and sub
    Hope you've been farming your fire resistance gear.
    Dragonflight: Grand Marshal Hottage
    PC Specs: Ryzen 7 7800X3D | ASUS ROG STRIX B650E-I | 32GB 6000Mhz DDR5 | NZXT Kraken 120
    Inno3D RTX 4080 iChill | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB | NZXT H200 | Corsair SF750 | Windows 11 Pro
    Razer Basilisk Ultimate | Razer Blackwidow V3 | ViewSonic XG2730 | Steam Deck 1TB OLED