Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Moozart View Post
    they way you level now will be COMPLETELY different on the classic server. Its like you are practicing to learn how to make a pizza by making pancakes. There have just been too many changes.

a level 20 vanilla rogue and a level 20 legion rogue are like 2 different classes now

- - - Updated - - -

If they are smart they will have at minimum 3 servers, 1 pve, 1 pvp 1 rp

Id wager the RP server will be the most dead of the 3
    lol you are underestimating the scale this will have to go to. expect 20+ realms up at launch, later maybe merged.

Deleted
    Grinding mobs lul

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister K View Post
    So I have been practicing and 0-20 took me approx 15 hours as a rogue. Not too slow but nothing amazing...

What is your plan on getting from 0 to 60 asap pronto? Grinding, kill quests, zone hoping? Let me/us know your secrets.
    You really don't understand Vanilla, do you?

Quote Originally Posted by Shisui-kun View Post
    I can generally do 1 to 8 in an hour, 8 to 12 in 1 hour, 12 to 16 in 1 and 16 to 20 in 1, but probably not when it's crowded like the first day.
    Not in vanilla lol, no way. Not even if the zones are empty ripe for your picking is this realistic. In retail probably.
    Shadowlands - Server first 60 Rogue on Tarren-Mill EU
    Classic - Server first 60 Rogue on Gandling EU
    Server first Ragnaros, World 6th

http://www.joanasworld.com/azeroth.htm

All you need. A few quests aren't ingame because this guide was written during TBC so a few quests were added in 2.0

On Elysium people got to 60 in under 5 days. That's insane.

Quote Originally Posted by Cracked View Post
    lol you are underestimating the scale this will have to go to. expect 20+ realms up at launch, later maybe merged.
    I think you sire are WAY overestimating... 20 realms LOL

So I have been practicing and 0-20 took me approx 15 hours as a rogue. Not too slow but nothing amazing...

What is your plan on getting from 0 to 60 asap pronto? Grinding, kill quests, zone hoping? Let me/us know your secrets.
    Originally I took about /15 days played - I do intent to repeat that amount.... I just don't care to "rush" to the end. Because I had so much fun leveling.

I mean why rush when you have seen everything already? Why not take the time to enjoy the bits that you like during the leveling process. I helped LOADS of people on my way to level 60. By the time I was level 60 I had a huge group of friends... and could basically pick and choose a guild.

But yeah that is not what you are after OP. You want it fast as possible. Which I guess is fine. Back then Dungeons were the way to level quick. The drawback for you would be:"If you are the fastest.... you do not have that much choice in doing dungeons with other people." As they won't be as high level as you. So then you are gimping yourself.

Were you present on any of the *popular closed private realm* server releases? Within 1 minute of server going live there was 100+ gnomes in coldridge valley.

My tip is to do whatever you can to get ahead of that zerg. Dont expect to be able to do a sinlge quest in the lvl 1-5 starting area. Grab a few quick kills for lvl 2 (or possibly 3) ding then run on and try the painful grind of lvl 5-6 mobs outside of the starting area. If you fail to grab a quick lvl 2 or 3 ding it will litterarly take hours for you to get out of the starting area.

That is unless ofcourse, blizzard decide to bring in new tech, such as increased spawnrate depening on how fast mobs die, or sharding technology to prevent situations where 40+ ppl camp the same questmob.

I think you sire are WAY overestimating... 20 realms LOL
    Okay, this is pretty simple. Let's assume they put a cap of ~5k players per realm then queue, this is a Blizzard product, there is no way less than 100k people will want to play and want to play it RIGHT AWAY. Just saying that number I think it will be multiple times more than that, but we can stay conservative. Unless they want people stuck in queues, they will have to put up dozens of servers.

Assuming they don't split up EU and NA (cause why would they split the community), there will have to be even more servers to account for the fact that there is really no off-time.

Yeah, the hype will die down fast. But Blizzard will want everyone to be able to play right away, not stare at "Your position in the queue is 470/2345", so they will put up a lot of infrastructure, even at the cost of overshooting later on (and at the same time they probably realize they will have to implement merging tech sooner or later).

Quote Originally Posted by Rupenbritz View Post
    Not in vanilla lol, no way. Not even if the zones are empty ripe for your picking is this realistic. In retail probably.
    Yes in Vanilla, I pretty much learned how to do the basics from a buyable guide back then that had video's of a troll hunter doing it that looted thrash for buyable arrows later on, set hearthstone at questing places for optimal times etc. I did 1 to 60 in less than 6 days played once. 37 to 41 was a hassle and 55+ was sometimes a hassle, but it was easily doable if you would grit your teeth together. Personally found the alliance route to be faster due to it being more streamlined and it having less travel time, I probably couldn't do those early levels as fast as horde.

Maybe I still have one of those guides somewhere in my mailbox alongside the video's, might be interesting to watch. You could also use Joana's world as well, but didn't that have some new quests from later on?
    Last edited by Shisui-kun; 2017-11-23 at 03:32 PM.

I got to 60 in around 16-17 days iirc, a lot of times I was stuck between quest hubs because I wasn't high enough level to unlock the next quest hub so I grinded mobs.
    The biggest downside to Vanilla leveling is the extremely poor "path" design, you could be level 43 and run out of quests and the nearest quest hub wouldn't unlock until level 46 so you'd have to go to a whole new zone which could take you half an hour to get to- assuming you actually knew where to find new quests!
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!

15+ Year Old Account
    19 hours with priest (this month on private). 0 guides, 0 gold and addons. Obviously it could have been much faster with these aids.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post
    On Elysium people got to 60 in under 5 days. That's insane.
    I don't think that's insane - unless you mean 5 days IRL time. My priest before the BC prepatch got to 60 in about 4 days played back then. It was quite fast but nothing extraordinary with good questing guides and addons.

The one thing that really irritates me about vanilla levelling though is that grouping up is generally detrimental to your experience gains if you can ninjatag well (like mage or druid).

10+ Year Old Account
    I think joana was the record holder back in vanilla using a regular method without RAF or similar

might be possible to be faster, I'm sure someone improved the leveling path after 10 years of private server experience

4 days 20 hours

Quote Originally Posted by Dangg View Post
    I think joana was the record holder back in vanilla using a regular method without RAF or similar

might be possible to be faster, I'm sure someone improved the leveling path after 10 years of private server experience

4 days 20 hours
    Class matters quite a lot. As a hunter you have very little downtime, I would expect most other classes to take at least 40-50% time extra just due to downtime.

Okay, this is pretty simple. Let's assume they put a cap of ~5k players per realm then queue, this is a Blizzard product, there is no way less than 100k people will want to play and want to play it RIGHT AWAY. Just saying that number I think it will be multiple times more than that, but we can stay conservative. Unless they want people stuck in queues, they will have to put up dozens of servers.

Assuming they don't split up EU and NA (cause why would they split the community), there will have to be even more servers to account for the fact that there is really no off-time.

Yeah, the hype will die down fast. But Blizzard will want everyone to be able to play right away, not stare at "Your position in the queue is 470/2345", so they will put up a lot of infrastructure, even at the cost of overshooting later on (and at the same time they probably realize they will have to implement merging tech sooner or later).
    5k per realm... really? You realize realms can hold 25k+ players right? Not sure why you think blizzard would set the bar so low as to only have 5k per realm, a guild can hold 1k players. With your numbers you could essentially have 5 guilds hold every player on

Just because its a classic server does not mean they will use "Classic" hardware LOL, The new servers can handle way more than the old ones before the need for a Que

Also not sure why you think EU and NA would be together, they cant have them together, EU accounts can only log in to EU servers ect. If blizz could merge the 2 they would had done so already.

5k per realm... really? You realize realms can hold 25k+ players right? Not sure why you think blizzard would set the bar so low as to only have 5k per realm, a guild can hold 1k players. With your numbers you could essentially have 5 guilds hold every player on

Just because its a classic server does not mean they will use "Classic" hardware LOL, The new servers can handle way more than the old ones before the need for a Que

Also not sure why you think EU and NA would be together, they cant have them together, EU accounts can only log in to EU servers ect. If blizz could merge the 2 they would had done so already.
    Dude, it has nothing to do with hardware capabilities. The game is just not built to support so many people online. The original vanilla realm caps were as low as 2.5k people online before queue. It's cancer enough to try and quest on Lightbringer / Nost with 8k people online, 25k? You would never even get to a mob before it vanishes into a shiny pile of loot.

Quote Originally Posted by Zka View Post
    19 hours with priest (this month on private). 0 guides, 0 gold and addons. Obviously it could have been much faster with these aids.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't think that's insane - unless you mean 5 days IRL time. My priest before the BC prepatch got to 60 in about 4 days played back then. It was quite fast but nothing extraordinary with good questing guides and addons.
    It was 5 days ingame and IRL time, they 24/7'd it ( officially. pretty sure they just multi accounted )

And in TBC prepatch they lowered the XP to 60 pretty sure.

The world record for Vanilla was 5 days and a bit, the people on Elysium did it in 4 days 20 hours or something. They beat Joana's record.

Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post
    It was 5 days ingame and IRL time, they 24/7'd it ( officially. pretty sure they just multi accounted )

And in TBC prepatch they lowered the XP to 60 pretty sure.

The world record for Vanilla was 5 days and a bit, the people on Elysium did it in 4 days 20 hours or something. They beat Joana's record.
    Yeeeah, it's hard to take anything from elysium seriously, who knows who helped where ^^. Selling rank 14 chars wasn't an issue so why should giving a couple k of xp be .

Yeeeah, it's hard to take anything from elysium seriously, who knows who helped where ^^. Selling rank 14 chars wasn't an issue so why should giving a couple k of xp be .
    I guess we'll have to wait for Classic. Seems doable to me, though.