Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    "We know that Vanilla means Vanilla"

Ion Hazzikostas

Quote Originally Posted by The Jabberwock View Post
    This will be a failure
    There was no need to add a conditional. [...] people who wouldn't shut up about wanting a vanilla server were just trying to rationalize why they were on Nost and similar third-party pirate sites stealing Blizzard's intellectual property. They've just said it so much by now that they actually believe it.

Of course once they get it, they'll remember the truth and either quit altogether.
    Pretty much.

Funny thing is if you asked me a couple weeks ago whom the better community was, I'd have put on my nostalgia tinted glasse and said the people from vanilla. Perhaps it was true back then.

Therein lies the rub. You might be able to transport the game back in time, but you can't transport the people.

I haven't seen enough people make it through a complete sentence without flying into a rabid rage to fill a 40 man instance. I don't know if I've seen enough to fill a 5 man dungeon.

If I cared enough to play classic, I'd want it to be mostly vanilla with some bug fixes. As someone who just enjoys watching this train wreck, I want them to "just dust off the thumb drive" as I saw one person put it. Only to see how they still manage to blame Blizzard for their own flaws. Unfortunatly Blizz will have to make some minor changes or bug fixes or something... and will lay the scapegoat out for them.

If ours is a just god, only the rabid people would spend the weekend staring at a black screen waiting for a GM to teleport them back into the world... and I could be a fly on their monitor.

10+ Year Old Account
    I usually just love to read the forum and not really get involved much, but the sheer number of "Vanilla will fail if it doesn't have X" are getting out of hand. For Vanilla to be Vanilla it has to be exactly how Vanilla was with all of its failings, and grinds, etc. etc. or it will just not be Vanilla. I loved Vanilla back in the day and being 35 now I look back and I was 22 when it came out, so I will likely play it and have a massive nostalgia trip, but I won't play it as often as I play up-to-date WoW because the QoL changes are too shiny. But these garbage posts seriously need to take a break. If people want Vanilla, let them have Vanilla. The sheer number of Vanilla private servers would not have been so successful if people did not want a pure Vanilla experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Tennis View Post
    You really think the average WoW player is the same age as in 2004? I don't see that at all when I play the game.
    Yes.

And of course you don't, name changes, LFG and cross realms have made it so you can act like a total dick and it won't matter because you will never meet those people again.

If I act like an asshole on Vanilla everyone will remember me and blacklist me to hell and back.

Having the attunements and stuff actually ment that if you cleared a raid, you had something others didn't. I liked that part and being fully decked in epics, moreso high level ones felt good. I am against the automatic grouping and accesability in that regard, makes it all less personal which I personally liked, but you can have a different opinion ofcourse.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aurimas View Post
    Pretty much.

Funny thing is if you asked me a couple weeks ago whom the better community was, I'd have put on my nostalgia tinted glasse and said the people from vanilla. Perhaps it was true back then.

Therein lies the rub. You might be able to transport the game back in time, but you can't transport the people.

I haven't seen enough people make it through a complete sentence without flying into a rabid rage to fill a 40 man instance. I don't know if I've seen enough to fill a 5 man dungeon.

If I cared enough to play classic, I'd want it to be mostly vanilla with some bug fixes. As someone who just enjoys watching this train wreck, I want them to "just dust off the thumb drive" as I saw one person put it. Only to see how they still manage to blame Blizzard for their own flaws. Unfortunatly Blizz will have to make some minor changes or bug fixes or something... and will lay the scapegoat out for them.

If ours is a just god, only the rabid people would spend the weekend staring at a black screen waiting for a GM to teleport them back into the world... and I could be a fly on their monitor.
    LOL. Seriously...

You have no interest in playing Vanilla and yet you are here, vomiting your nonsense over this board. Why? What's your goal here? Because if you do not care about this game, you wont play it (basicaly your words) then you're just trolling here.

Community. Yes, we are the worst. Sitting here on WoW-Vanilla forum trying to keep Vanilla relatively pure and fending off people who never had any interest in playing it and yet they demand it to be changed so they can feel better about themselves. Yes, we are the worst. But thread(s) full of people who clearly sound like they never had any interest in this game, patting their backs while complaining about it is perfectly sane and friendly community

There are two reasons why I wan't Vanilla basicaly untouched. First: because I just want to play vanilla. Nothing more to it. And second - I know how much it wil hurt trolls like you. Only for a while though, because in your insane mind you will probably come up with some flawed logic that people are playing this game for hours each day and they hate it.

Let's see how many players there will be if they release 1.0 vanilla with no QoL.

My guess, there won't be many after a few days.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post
    Do people really think that they're launching WoW:Classic as a big money-making endeavour though? I've always been under the impression that its Blizzard throwing throwing a bone to their loyal fanbase because it's not going to cost that much.
    And more importantly it will finally shut them up. For about a month. After that they will start asking for changes, and balances, and content after Naxx. They will not want BC servers. What they want is no actual change to the game, but add new raids and quests and zones and go all the way to 1.99

Because a big portion of them are just crazy like that as evidenced by the number of Vanilla threads.

Quote Originally Posted by Dergiab View Post
    Your life lacks quality and thus you are a failure.
    Fourty keks!

But yes, QoL is worthless and shouldn't happen to vanilla.
    If you don't have time/dedication for it, don't play.
    It won't fail and die because YOU didn't play it OP, don't give yourself any credit, thanks.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shnider View Post
    I think I can sum up this thread with a single meme.
    Memes and reactions aren't allowed on this forum, enjoy.
    Also that meme is fail as the "purist" isn't a screenshot from Vanilla.. the dwarf is wearing a monk tshirt.. fail again.
    Intel i7-10700k | ASUS ROG STRIX Z490-F GAMING
    ASUS ROG STRIX RTX 2080 Ti | 2x 8GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 2400Mhz
    A-Data SSD SP920 256GB | Seagate 1TB 7200rpm | NZXT Kraken x62
    Fractal Design Define R6 TG | be quiet! Dark Power Pro 11 650W | Asus ROG Swift PG279Q
    Razer: Blackwidow Elite | Basilisk Ultimate | Nari Ultimate| Firefly | NZXT Hue+

10+ Year Old Account
    This isn't 2004 anymore. The average age of the player base is much older.

Nobody has the time to spend hours and hours doing simple tasks. Let alone farming or attuning to raids. People are busy with their jobs, spouses, kids etc.

Hopefully Blizz understands this and doesn't just release a carbon copy of vanilla.
    To be honest, if people chants for an old version of a game, outdated for the rest of the genre, I wouldn't give you the QoL. Players demanded the old relic to be brought back on the shelf, only thing I would change would be some bug and exploit fixes. I mean, seriously, you don't need time for Classic. It has NO PROGRESS, it most likely won't have any development, it is just a walk in the museum. If you don't have time to play it like then, then maybe it isn't the right server.

I expect everything to be there, attunements, farming, grinding etc etc. - for that is all people wanted.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

People need to read this to understand why vanilla worked.

Tldr it was about the social and group experience and the server community. Not about making it easy and a single player experience.
    http://www.rollingstone.com/glixel/f...tories-w512429

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sariengrey View Post
    get to work, get grinding
    Games are meant to be fun, why should people need to spend ages working just to play with their friends?
    For the [enter opposing faction here]

Do not like it = do not play it.
    Easy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mendzia View Post
    Do not like it = do not play it.
    Easy.
    Couldn't be easier

Games are meant to be fun, why should people need to spend ages working just to play with their friends?
    Some people think grinding is fun. Vanilla is a grindy game. If you want to play with your friends, who like grinding, you have to grind.

Some people like shooters. I dont. If I want to play shooters with my friends, i dont ask them to remove the aiming from the game, so I can also enjoy it.
    "And all those exclamation marks, you notice? Five?
    A sure sign of someone who wears his underpants on his head."

I completely disagree. Yeah you had to do a lot of farming or grinding but that was part of classic and I loved it. I bet I am not the only one. You didn't have to raid to enjoy that game. I remember just logging on and farming runecloth for different reps, arcanite to sell on AH, jump in and run a dungeon for a certain piece of gear, or running some BG's because I loved the PvP on my moonkin. Raiding might be the end game but there was so much to do elsewhere that you didn't have to go straight for it and could still play the game for a year or so.

Nobody has the time to spend hours and hours doing simple tasks. Let alone farming or attuning to raids. People are busy with their jobs, spouses, kids etc.

Hopefully Blizz understands this and doesn't just release a carbon copy of vanilla.
    So I will post this for you sir

Deleted

low effort troll.

Quote Originally Posted by Leotheras the Blind View Post
    I'm asking if op is wanting vanilla, beef cause he's saying he doesn't. If one doesn't want vanilla, they can fuck off from vanilla.

That being said, personally i don't care about things that don't impact gameplay being added. I don't care if updated models are in or not. I don't care if transmog it the mount tab is added (though some say it affects gameplay since they take up space, however if you don't have a mount tab people will only have 5 max, just like in vanilla). And I don't care if new car animations are added.

If you want'em fine, ask away. I personally wouldn't gripe if these were added, but if they weren't I'd be just as happy. In fact I'm playing a server right now and having the time of my life again, I forgot what it was like to enjoy the game this much.
    From what I understand the OP wants to play vanilla hardcore but knows they don't have the time for it. I'm also glad some people here understand the difference between QoL and Convenience. Personally I'm not a fan of transmog, I enjoyed walking into a capitol city and seeing an armor set that shows what that toon has completed.

Deleted

Just because you have turned casual does not mean that all games must be.