Page 38 of 49 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    And yet the decisions are being made because of the laws.
    So what? IF the law is bad than the decision is bad. Easy enough?
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

10+ Year Old Account
    So is Rey Iden's daughter?

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    So what? IF the law is bad than the decision is bad. Easy enough?
    Except the law isn't bad in this case, it's about regulated and licensing a gambling system, like every other gambling system.

10+ Year Old Account
    Except the law isn't bad in this case, it's about regulated and licensing a gambling system, like every other gambling system.
    Ther are no gambling systems in BF2.
    And painting lootboxes as such will only HURT GAMERS. You are playing right into the hands of politicians who want more regulation over gaming industry. Nothing good will come out of it.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

10+ Year Old Account
    And painting lootboxes as such will only HURT GAMERS. You are playing right into the hands of politicians who want more regulation over gaming industry. Nothing good will come out of it.
    It wont. Right now those boxes work as a tax evasion.
    A lot of companys are already saying they wont implent them into their games (some are lying of cose).
    Don't sweat the details!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    No it won't HURT GAMERS. Lootboxes and nickel & diming games have though. People like you are the reason we can't have complete AAA games anymore. You're an enabler, I hope you don't live around anyone with an addiction.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    No it won't HURT GAMERS. Lootboxes and nickel & diming games have though. People like you are the reason we can't have complete AAA games anymore. You're an enabler, I hope you don't live around anyone with an addiction.
    The fuck are you talking about? I never defended microtransactions in premium games. I'm saying labeling them as gambling is wrong and will hurt gamers. Game Industry will adjust you don't even worry about it. Gamers will be screwed because of it. I remember the era before ESRB (before 1994), which appeared because of the people similar to those who scream "gambling" right now. And all games became sissified. Because retailers don't want Adults Only games. They want E or T. Fun innit? All this gambling hysteria will cause is something similar, some layer of games will cease to exist. I think it will be the big AAA ones. You are going to play episodic games in the future. You will buy each new level. No lootboxes attached.

1) I don't approve at all loot boxes and I'm persuaded deep down that any ''cosmetic for pay'' item leads eventually to ''P2W'' .

2)This said, you have to admit deep down that EA, being businesses, might have a point (FTR, ''EA shareholders'' are not bloodthirsty Scrooge bankers-they are investments funds that need decent returns)

The point is not ''screw the customer with microtransaction''. It's ''how to make money with our game ?''. The first game I ever bought was Sonic and Knuckles and I remember distinctly it costed around 80-85 $ canadian dollars in 1995. More than twenty years later, Battlefront 2, which cost considerably more to make, cost around the same thing. ''Production cost go WAY up, price per unit must remain the same'' would be a deal breaker in any industry. How you can make money with games ?

1) Subs are going the way of the dodo
    2) DLCs and seasons passes are hated as much (personally, I would say here that DLCs and season passes are a different thing for SP games-they are arguably optional for the SP and are not really optional for MP games)

What's left ? Sells to the player 100 variations of barely there bikini, DOA style ?

10+ Year Old Account

A bit of misstranslation, but its not the game over yet.
    There is however something in australia when it comes to overseas gambling laws and this is that EA did promote their game there in a form of advertising.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Gambling or not, "AAA" gaming was taking the piss.
    The backlash really should've happened MANY YEARS ago.

All I learned from this is, you do not mess with starwars nerds.
    Good on you starwars guys, good on you.

The lord of the rings guys could learn a thing or two from you.
    Last edited by glowzone; 2017-11-23 at 05:37 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by glowzone View Post
    Gambling or not, "AAA" gaming was taking the piss.
    The backlash really should've happened MANY YEARS ago.

All I learned from this is, you do not mess with starwars nerds.
    Good on you starwars guys, good on you.

The lord of the ring guys could learn a thing or two from you.
    Turns out saying tolkien is rolling in his grave is not enough I guess?

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    Turns out saying tolkien is rolling in his grave is not enough I guess?
    Credit when credit is due I say.
    And let's face it, shadow of war was probably even worse. It's mainly a single player game.

Deleted
    Except it's considered gambling by law in some countries. Don't know why is hard to understand that.

And there is no problem with regulating greedy practices, it's pro-consumer.
    Last edited by mmoc516e31a976; 2017-11-23 at 05:49 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Except it's considered gambling by law in some countries. Don't know why is hard to understand that.
    I don't know. Why is it so hard to understand that some countries have no clue and their laws do not define reality?

Deleted
    I don't know. Why is it so hard to understand that some countries have no clue and their laws do not define reality?
    Let's compare and see who actually knows the most:

Legislators of several countries, supported by countless medical studies of the problems of addiction in gambling AND the practices of tax evading that existed with gambling systems (talking about reality).

OR

A random guy on the Internet.

Uhm, it's hard to figure out which side knows better.

I went to target a few days ago and saw this game sitting in the front of the store with dozens of copies untouched. giggle

10+ Year Old Account
    Let's compare and see who actually knows the most:

Legislators of several countries, supported by countless medical studies of the problems of addiction in gambling AND the practices of tax evading that existed with gambling systems (talking about reality).

OR

A random guy on the Internet.

Uhm, it's hard to figure out which side knows better.
    Nice logical fallacy. You have lost this argument.

10+ Year Old Account
    How is that a logical fallacy?

Deleted
    Are you a lawmaker/government now?

It is only a fallacy if he is attacking you instead of the argument or credentials. Because he is not attacking your character only questioning your credentials when compared to others credentials he is asking a legitimate question.